Joker

Vegas

I personally thought this movie was overrated...like far overrated.  It was boring and predictable. There wasn't much action or even a real climax to the film. I don't even think Joaquin Phoenix was as great as the critics and fans made him out to be. He wasn't awful, but I certainly wouldn't give him an award for it. The script was bland and unoriginal:

Mentable unstable guy lives with mom.

Mentally unstable guy gets triggered.

Mentally unstable guy goes on a killing spree.

The end. 

Just now, Vegas said:

I personally thought this movie was overrated...like far overrated.  It was boring and predictable. There wasn't much action or even a real climax to the film. I don't even think Joaquin Phoenix was as great as the critics and fans made him out to be. He wasn't awful, but I certainly wouldn't give him an award for it. The script was bland and unoriginal:

The end. 

CORRECT. I thought the same thing. 

1 hour ago, Vegas said:

The end. 

I have a very different take on it. I will admit that it was predictable in broad ways, sure. And it borrowed a lot of Taxi Driver - some scenes were almost identical landmarks (back stage at the clown temp agency or whatever is very similar to the cabbies meeting for coffee in Taxi Driver), the protag brushing a little to closely to a public/political figure, the suicidal gestures, the encroaching mental illness. 

But it was handled very well in my opinion, even if certain parts were clunky and a bit cliched. 

Perhaps it's because of your age, but Joker IS the Taxi Driver for this generation. It blends psychotic nihilism and depression with a strain of anti-capitalism that's prevalent these days. I thought the film was beautiful and artistic and a great watch. And the trailer for the film is probably the best film trailer I've ever seen as far as perfectly capturing the spirit and tone of a film in two minutes or less.