Sign in to follow this  
king of the county

Is this guy a kook? Sen. Murphy says Trump, not China or WHO, to blame for US coronavirus crisis

Sen. Murphy says Trump, not China or WHO, to blame for US coronavirus crisis

Is Trump's tough action against the WHO warranted?

The U.S. halts funding to the World Health Organization pending an investigation into their handling of COVID-19; reaction and analysis on 'Outnumbered.'

Get all the latest news on coronavirus and more delivered daily to your inbox. Sign up here.

Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn., accused President Trump Tuesday night of shifting blame for the extent of the coronavirus pandemic onto China and the World Health Organization instead of accepting responsibility.

THE CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK, STATE-BY-STATE

"The reason that we're in the crisis that we are today is not because of anything that China did, is not because of anything the WHO did. It's because of what this president did," Murphy told CNN's "Anderson Cooper 360". "It's because he didn't take this virus seriously. We weren't going to be able to keep every case out of the United States, but we didn't have to have tens of thousands of people dying."

Murphy spoke hours after Trump announced the administration would halt funding to the WHO while it investigates the global health agency's reponse to the pandemic.

The president claimed the outbreak could have been contained at its source and that lives could have been saved had the WHO done a better job investigating the early reports coming out of China.

CLICK HERE TO GET COMPLETE CORONAVIRUS COVERAGE

“The WHO failed in its basic duty and must be held accountable,” Trump said.

Murphy said on Tuesday that "the president is engaging in sort of middle school-grade deflection, trying to blame the WHO for something that he was responsible for." The senator also defended the WHO, saying they invested in testing in the "early days of this virus."

"Had we been working with the WHO early on," Murphy said, "we might be in a very different position here."

Murphy is a hack.  Now I'll get to watch and hear him all night on MSNBC and CNN.  He can be there new source.

Just now, king of the county said:

The U.S. halts funding to the World Health Organization pending an investigation into their handling of COVID-19; reaction and analysis on 'Outnumbered.'

Get all the latest news on coronavirus and more delivered daily to your inbox. Sign up here.

Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn., accused President Trump Tuesday night of shifting blame for the extent of the coronavirus pandemic onto China and the World Health Organization instead of accepting responsibility.

"The reason that we're in the crisis that we are today is not because of anything that China did, is not because of anything the WHO did. It's because of what this president did," Murphy told CNN's "Anderson Cooper 360". "It's because he didn't take this virus seriously. We weren't going to be able to keep every case out of the United States, but we didn't have to have tens of thousands of people dying."

Murphy spoke hours after Trump announced the administration would halt funding to the WHO while it investigates the global health agency's reponse to the pandemic.

The president claimed the outbreak could have been contained at its source and that lives could have been saved had the WHO done a better job investigating the early reports coming out of China.

Murphy said on Tuesday that "the president is engaging in sort of middle school-grade deflection, trying to blame the WHO for something that he was responsible for." The senator also defended the WHO, saying they invested in testing in the "early days of this virus."

"Had we been working with the WHO early on," Murphy said, "we might be in a very different position here."

Not just a kook ....but a politically motivated kook.

Our continued failure to test our population for COVID19 is totally preventing out ability to corral this thing and take steps to stop community transmission...and that failure rests squarely on the shoulders of the clown.... even as he seeks to shirk it.

Just now, maineman said:

Our continued failure to test our population for COVID19 is totally preventing out ability to corral this thing and take steps to stop community transmission...and that failure rests squarely on the shoulders of the clown.... even if he seeks to shirk it.

How does that land at his feet? You fucking cocksucking liberals really need to GTFO of the USA

4 minutes ago, maineman said:

Our continued failure to test our population for COVID19 is totally preventing out ability to corral this thing and take steps to stop community transmission...and that failure rests squarely on the shoulders of the clown.... even as he seeks to shirk it.

Our?   We are in this together it isn’t sll trumps to figure out 

1 minute ago, king of the county said:

Our?   We are in this together it isn’t sll trumps to figure out 

where does the buck stop with this clown?  Is he really only responsible for the good things, or does he ever own the bad things?

Just now, maineman said:

Shut the fuck up , moron.

Testing isn't the problem ....

People not staying home and not following the rules of social distancing, using hand sanitizer etc....

Is the biggest reason we can't get a handle on this ....

Just now, maineman said:

where does the buck stop with this clown?  Is he really only responsible for the good things, or does he ever own the bad things?

When have you ever in the last 3 years praised Trump for the good things he has done?

Just now, Whitemajikman said:

People not stating home and not following the rules of social distancing, using hand sanitizer etc....

we can't know where the problem is if we cannot test. Without knowing where the virus is, we cannot take steps to track it and contain it.

When have you ever in the last 3 years praised Trump for the good things he has done?

when he does something good, I'll be the first to praise him.

19 minutes ago, maineman said:

Our continued failure to test our population for COVID19

You sure are a complete MORON, COWARD.  

You don't have any idea how many tests are taking place every day now, do you?   

You don't know where the bottle necks are and why they're there, do you?  

You don't know what's coming down the pike in the way of testing, do you?  

You're a complete idiot, maineman, and you prove it with EVERY post.

Just now, maineman said:

we can't know where the problem is if we cannot test. Without knowing where the virus is, we cannot take steps to track it and contain it.

Bullshit.

The virus is asymptomatic and 70% of those that have had it and got over it.. have no immunity to it .....and can be easily re-infected.

We don't have the manpower to track and contain .....

Bullshit.

The virus is asymptomatic and 70% of those that have had it and got over it.. have no immunity to it .....and can be easily re-infected.

We don't have the manpower to track and contain .....

^^^ unproven anecdotal bullshit.

yawn

Just now, maineman said:

when he does something good, I'll be the first to praise him.

And there lies your biggest flaw....

Stubborness ...

You know damn well he has done a lot of good but still refuse to acknowledge any of it ......

Just now, maineman said:

^^^ unproven anecdotal bullshit.

yawn

I wish it were ....

I'm getting sick of 12 hour days in a BSL-4 lab .....

2 minutes ago, Whitemajikman said:

Stubborness ...

You know damn well he has done a lot of good but still refuse to acknowledge any of it ......

actually.  I do not know that.  I honestly cannot think of one thing he has done that I approve of.  I think his tax break was skewed to the wealthy.. I think his regulatory slashing has hurt the environment... I think his judicial appointees are appalling.  I think his withdrawal from the Iranian nuclear deal was terrible. I think his withdrawal from the Paris climate accord was terrible.  What other horrible "accomplishments" of this abysmal president would you like me to weigh in on?

3 minutes ago, Whitemajikman said:

I wish it were ....

I'm getting sick of 12 hour days in a BSL-4 lab .....

yet you cannot refute the assertion that massive testing could allow us to track and contain quarantine SEGMENTS of the population rather than shutting everything down.

19 minutes ago, Whitemajikman said:

People not staying home and not following the rules of social distancing, using hand sanitizer etc....

But yet we had a bunch of trump supporters in Lansing today (thousands) protesting that very thing.

They don't like the stay at home order.

And none of the idiots were practicing any social distancing whatsoever.

Nor wearing masks.

Why?

6 minutes ago, Whitemajikman said:

Stubborness ...

I don't know anything of the sort.  If Trump has done anything good for anybody but himself, it's purely incidental.  He has never taken a step where the prime direction was not "what's in it for me."

And Chris Murphy is only half right.  Trump is responsible for half of the carnage being wrought on this country by the covid 19.  The other half is on anyone and everyone in this country that makes it possible for us to continue to have a for profit health system.

Just now, IkeBana said:

I don't know anything of the sort.  If Trump has done anything good for anybody but himself, it's purely incidental.  He has never taken a step where the prime direction was not "what's in it for me."

And Chris Murphy is only half right.  Trump is responsible for half of the carnage being wrought on this country by the covid 19.  The other half is on anyone and everyone in this country that makes it possible for us to continue to have a for profit health system.

+100

1 minute ago, maineman said:

yet you cannot refute the assertion that massive testing could allow us to track and contain quarantine SEGMENTS of the population rather than shutting everything down.

Maine does not have the ability to test the people of Maine.

Why?   Maine is dependent on the Federal dime........and the Federal Master.

(what a buch of lame-ass losers).

Texas doesn't have that problem.

Texas is independent.      Texas is made up of men.    

The old fashion real kind.

1 hour ago, king of the county said:

What an idiot. One single decision but democrats to keep mass transit open in New York has caused half of the entire infections in the country. 😂

8 minutes ago, IkeBana said:

I am a Conderfedate Rebel.  I fly the Conderate Flag.

It is the flag......of my people.        Do you hate my people?     For their sins of their past?

Do you?    Does God hold me accountable........for the banks that my grandfather robbed?

Will you hate Itailians......simply because they held millions of slaves under the Roman

Empire.      Do you hate Al Pacino?

I thought we were all equal here.  Is that not true?   Did I get something wrong?

Are you willing to hate me without knowing me?

Isn't that called.....rascism.

Aren't you being racist..........agaist my tribe?

I am Christian Libertariarian.    I seek peace and freedom for all mankind.

Who are you?