drvoke

AOC lays out progressive demands for Biden

All about Alexandria OcasioCortez

"The superstar New York Democrat and progressive standard-bearer cited four 'musts' for the Biden playbook: federal treatment of Puerto Rico, immigration, health care and climate change."

If Biden doesn't get with the program, he could lose the Millennial and progressive vote.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elections-2020/aoc-lays-out-progressive-wishlist-for-biden/ar-BB12FG8Z?ocid=spartandhp

(Full article at above link)

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Wednesday called for Joe Biden, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, to shift leftward on four key policy issues in order earn the trust of his party's progressive wing.

"There are very real, tangible areas where Democrats even fell short perhaps during the Obama administration that I think I would like for us to have a plan to improve," the New York Democrat told POLITICO Playbook in a virtual interview — citing federal treatment of Puerto Rico, immigration, health care and climate change.

On the subject of Biden's health care proposals, Ocasio-Cortez said his support for lowering Medicare's eligibility age to 60 is not "going to be enough for us," adding that the party is "going to have to pursue a much more ambitious health care policy."

Ocasio-Cortez also elaborated on Biden's stance toward climate change, characterizing his preferred methods for combating the threat from rising global temperatures as inadequate.

"I don't think that the vice president has a climate change policy that is sufficient right now," she said, "and I'd like to see us really work on that."

The remarks from the freshman lawmaker, while largely critical of Biden's platform, seemed ultimately aimed at bridging intra-party divides through securing certain ideological concessions from the former vice president. Biden, who is viewed skeptically by some liberal Democrats, has taken significant steps to consolidate broad party support in recent days, rolling out successive endorsements from former Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, President Barack Obama and Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren.

But Ocasio-Cortez has yet to formally throw her support behind Biden, and tensions between the two politicians — one the face of the party's more moderate establishment, the other a superstar of its progressive grassroots — intensified earlier this week.

In an interview with The New York Times published Monday, Ocasio-Cortez said she had not been contacted by the Biden campaign and predicted unification among the party's various factions would not come easily.

But Wednesday, the congresswoman revealed her staff was now "having conversations with Biden's team" in an effort "to figure out what some of these policy conversations will [be] looking like" as the White House race moves forward.

"You know, I would love to see him clarify and deepen his policy stances on certain issues. But aside from that, you know, I think it's incredibly important that we support the Democratic nominee in November," Ocasio-Cortez said, stopping short of explicitly endorsing Biden's candidacy.

AOC suggests Joe Biden develop a 'real' health care plan

It sucks to be him. He should probably just blow his own head off right now. LOL

As much as I dislike Creepy Joe, I have to ask, who gives a fuck what AOC says?

That loon should fuck off.

Seriously. She has an egomania problem.

Bill

41 minutes ago, Michaelf said:

It sucks to be him. He should probably just blow his own head off right now. LOL

As much as I dislike Creepy Joe, I have to ask, who gives a fuck what AOC says?

7 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

Bill

Get used to it. Hers is the voice of the future.

1 hour ago, drvoke said:

All about Alexandria OcasioCortez

"The superstar New York Democrat and progressive standard-bearer cited four 'musts' for the Biden playbook: federal treatment of Puerto Rico, immigration, health care and climate change."

If Biden doesn't get with the program, he could lose the Millennial and progressive vote.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elections-2020/aoc-lays-out-progressive-wishlist-for-biden/ar-BB12FG8Z?ocid=spartandhp

(Full article at above link)

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Wednesday called for Joe Biden, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, to shift leftward on four key policy issues in order earn the trust of his party's progressive wing.

"There are very real, tangible areas where Democrats even fell short perhaps during the Obama administration that I think I would like for us to have a plan to improve," the New York Democrat told POLITICO Playbook in a virtual interview — citing federal treatment of Puerto Rico, immigration, health care and climate change.

On the subject of Biden's health care proposals, Ocasio-Cortez said his support for lowering Medicare's eligibility age to 60 is not "going to be enough for us," adding that the party is "going to have to pursue a much more ambitious health care policy."

Ocasio-Cortez also elaborated on Biden's stance toward climate change, characterizing his preferred methods for combating the threat from rising global temperatures as inadequate.

"I don't think that the vice president has a climate change policy that is sufficient right now," she said, "and I'd like to see us really work on that."

The remarks from the freshman lawmaker, while largely critical of Biden's platform, seemed ultimately aimed at bridging intra-party divides through securing certain ideological concessions from the former vice president. Biden, who is viewed skeptically by some liberal Democrats, has taken significant steps to consolidate broad party support in recent days, rolling out successive endorsements from former Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, President Barack Obama and Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren.

But Ocasio-Cortez has yet to formally throw her support behind Biden, and tensions between the two politicians — one the face of the party's more moderate establishment, the other a superstar of its progressive grassroots — intensified earlier this week.

In an interview with The New York Times published Monday, Ocasio-Cortez said she had not been contacted by the Biden campaign and predicted unification among the party's various factions would not come easily.

But Wednesday, the congresswoman revealed her staff was now "having conversations with Biden's team" in an effort "to figure out what some of these policy conversations will [be] looking like" as the White House race moves forward.

"You know, I would love to see him clarify and deepen his policy stances on certain issues. But aside from that, you know, I think it's incredibly important that we support the Democratic nominee in November," Ocasio-Cortez said, stopping short of explicitly endorsing Biden's candidacy.

AOC suggests Joe Biden develop a 'real' health care plan

Did he pat her on the head and compliment her on being one of the "good" mexicans yet? She's clean, and articulate - a dream, really. And possessing a vagina, she meets his declared standard in  VP.

18 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

Bill

She needs to think a little more about wall street and a little less about main street - right, bill?

Don't worry - Biden's got ya covered. :)

14 minutes ago, drvoke said:

I don't think she has near the influence she thinks she has. I think she means well, but she hasn't taken the time to actually learn how to turn her ideas into action. It takes more than just giving speeches. She must forge alliances with her colleagues to push an agenda. It's going take more than the squad to get anything done. She might be there one day, she's not there yet.

23 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

Bill

I predicted a while ago that there would be a major third party that emerges from the liberal/progressive rift in the Democratic party. These might be the seeds of it. 

5 minutes ago, kking said:

I predicted a while ago that there would be a major third party that emerges from the liberal/progressive rift in the Democratic party. These might be the seeds of it. 

Not this time. Trump barely won the first time around and his base has shrunk since then. His base might be loud but they are fewer in numbers. I predict Democrats come out in droves just like they did in the mid terms. The blue wave is only getting stronger.

1 minute ago, calguy said:

Not this time. Trump barely won the first time around and his base has shrunk since then. His base might be loud but they are fewer in numbers. I predict Democrats come out in droves just like they did in the mid terms. The blue wave is only getting stronger.

Wait, what? Trump's base shrunk? I disagree. 

Democrats are split 2/3s to 1/3d moderate liberal to progressive. How do you convince progressives to ONCE AGAIN abandon their principles and settle for the establishment corporate warhawk?

Yep, and Billary was going to win in a landslide the night of the election.

Your Blue Wave is actually the driving force for forcing blue collar jobs back overseas.  Especially when it's the blue collar guys that are keeping this country running.

27 minutes ago, drvoke said:

AOC lays out

10 minutes ago, personreal said:

AOC lays out

She does not.

50 minutes ago, kking said:

Wait, what? Trump's base shrunk? I disagree. 

Democrats are split 2/3s to 1/3d moderate liberal to progressive. How do you convince progressives to ONCE AGAIN abandon their principles and settle for the establishment corporate warhawk?

We can agree to disagree. We'll have to wait until November to see how it plays out.

You saw how it played out in the mid terms. 

2 hours ago, drvoke said:

And if he goes with the progtards he loses the moderates and centrists.

Face it, you're staring down the barrel of five more years. Hahahahahaha!!

2 minutes ago, calguy said:

We can agree to disagree. We'll have to wait until November to see how it plays out.

You saw how it played out in the mid terms. 

Midterms are ALWAYS a different ballgame. A good indicator, sure, but rarely predictive, especially when you're dealing with such a unique and enigmatic figure like Donald Trump. 

I've gotten the impression that the Republican base is engaged, excited, and downright energetic, and the Democratic base is split almost down the middle. 

3 minutes ago, kking said:

Midterms are ALWAYS a different ballgame. A good indicator, sure, but rarely predictive, especially when you're dealing with such a unique and enigmatic figure like Donald Trump. 

I've gotten the impression that the Republican base is engaged, excited, and downright energetic, and the Democratic base is split almost down the middle. 

We'll see.

1 minute ago, calguy said:

We'll see.

Indeed. 

Not only is the Democrat party fractured, but the moderate independents are NOT going to vote for Biden. He's toast with all but the traditional estab Dems. 

If the economy gets halfway back to pre-corona levels, Trump >400 EC votes.

1 hour ago, kking said:

Never going to happen. You have the world's worst political judgement.

Bill

1 hour ago, SpyCar said:

Never going to happen. You have the world's worst political judgement.

A bit rich for a guy who believed Hillary Clinton was a good candidate. 

19 minutes ago, kking said:

A bit rich for a guy who believed Hillary Clinton was a good candidate. 

Not at all. HRC is a great liberal Democrat. It is a damned shame she's not leading the country instead of the moron.

She's one on the most competent people on the planet, while Trump is an incompetent jackass.

Bill