kfools

How can we make better content for liberals?

Never made a thread in here before and I don't plan to make it his a regular thing. This hopefully will be my first and last thread in this room.

I notice there are some members here who don't post anywhere but here. So I can't really have a conversation with you unless I come here.

As to the OP. This month h I would like to focus on liberal site features. I would love to hear what the community here wants.

9 hours ago, kfools said:

Never made a thread in here before and I don't plan to make it his a regular thing. This hopefully will be my first and last thread in this room.

I notice there are some members here who don't post anywhere but here. So I can't really have a conversation with you unless I come here.

As to the OP. This month h I would like to focus on liberal site features. I would love to hear what the community here wants.

Maybe some liberal people don't want to communicate with you, as you are a vindictive conservative on a "liberal" site.  Ever think of that one?  🤫

11 minutes ago, DennisTheMenace said:

Maybe some liberal people don't want to communicate with you, as you are a vindictive conservative on a "liberal" site.  Ever think of that one?  🤫

Enough of you. Good bye Dennis.

12 hours ago, kfools said:

I would love to hear what the community here wants.

Not sure if any of this will help, but no harm in trying.  I hope the regulars in this room will chime in.

Some Liberals on this site stick to NHB and avoid LO.  They are here as warriors, to do battle, and fight the good fight against the forces of darkness.  But most of the Liberals who post only in this room want serious, meaningful conversation,  not to be had in NHB and so far, somewhat lacking in "Debate".   There is humor here, but not at anyone else's expense.  The regulars in LO are not interested in battling those who never should have been empowered to bellow in the first place.

Actually, compared to many, I don't post much at all.  When I do, I don't post exclusively in LO.  But I like the slow pace of the LO Rm.

When I post in LO, I do it knowing that I am in a friendly, relatively sane community.  This is a group, unlike most of today's Conservatives, deeply concerned about the well being of their neighbors and fellow citizens.  I will venture to say, most of us abhor the selfishness and embrace of plutocracy on the right today.  And most here are intensely troubled by the disrespect of facts, and atavistic rejection of science by the majority of today's American right wing.

When I post in this room, I know I will not be baited, taunted and insulted by aggressive, obnoxious Conservative louts;  Many of them drunk most of the time.  When I post in NHB I'm often not serious and I often don't bother to follow up or answer deliberately goading questions of annoying trolls, trying to pass themselves off as "debaters".   When in NHB, it's usually "I have spoken" and that's that.

1 hour ago, bludog said:

Not sure if any of this will help, but no harm in trying.  I hope the regulars in this room will chime in.

Some Liberals on this site stick to NHB and avoid LO.  They are here as warriors, to do battle, and fight the good fight against the forces of darkness.  But most of the Liberals who post only in this room want serious, meaningful conversation,  not to be had in NHB and so far, somewhat lacking in "Debate".   There is humor here, but not at anyone else's expense.  The regulars in LO are not interested in battling those who never should have been empowered to bellow in the first place.

Actually, compared to many, I don't post much at all.  When I do, I don't post exclusively in LO.  But I like the slow pace of the LO Rm.

When I post in LO, I do it knowing that I am in a friendly, relatively sane community.  This is a group, unlike most of today's Conservatives, deeply concerned about the well being of their neighbors and fellow citizens.  I will venture to say, most of us abhor the selfishness and embrace of plutocracy on the right today.  And most here are intensely troubled by the disrespect of facts, and atavistic rejection of science by the majority of today's American right wing.

When I post in this room, I know I will not be baited, taunted and insulted by aggressive, obnoxious Conservative louts;  Many of them drunk most of the time.  When I post in NHB I'm often not serious and I often don't bother to follow up or answer deliberately goading questions of annoying trolls, trying to pass themselves off as "debaters".   When in NHB, it's usually "I have spoken" and that's that.

I understand why this room exists. I'm happy to accommodate.  What I would really like is to see what site features the members here would like to have. 

5 minutes ago, kfools said:

I understand why this room exists. I'm happy to accommodate.  What I would really like is to see what site features the members here would like to have. 

I believe kking has the right idea in his pinned thread.

"Font size, 30-second break, word-counthttps://www.liberalforum.org/topic/308283-font-size-30-second-break-word-count-limit/ limit..."

Implementing these measures, especially the last two, IMO, would be a good start.  But only a start.  I'll think about it.

21 hours ago, kfools said:

Site features are valuable for success and I think steps have been taken in the right direction.  But policy is equally important.  Since your perception as a Conservative is naturally different than mine, as a Liberal, I will not be surprised if you are skeptical of what I have to say below.  Anyway, here is one Liberal's non sugar-coated, honest perception.

It is inevitable that Liberals or Conservatives in authority will decide more often in favor of fellow Liberals or Conservatives in Left/Right disputes between members.  Since you are the ultimate authority here, you naturally tend to back up Conservative mods who are deciding in favor of Conservative, more often than not.  Like banishments to the Hell Room and perma-bans.  And you tend to be more tolerant of the behavior of Right Wing trolls.  As a result, they get away with more than Left Wing trolls.  Not all the time and not in all cases, but as but the forum environment is becoming more adverse for Liberals and more cordial for Conservatives the playing field tilts more toward the Conservative end zone.  Liberal members here are noticing.  As prospective Liberal lurkers must be also.

Unless this trend is reversed, fresh Liberal representation on this site, will be negatively affected. 

I post mainly in NHB but I enjoy the civility of LO. 

Not sure what value this comment will add but I’d like to see a polite discussion room that is not limited to debate. Debate should be allowed, of course, but we can also explore points of agreement without the imperative to focus on our difference. 

I used to love pure debate and would seek out conservative rooms on yahoo to do battle. Nowadays, I am less inclined to do that. Age, I suppose. 

My two cents. 

As always, thanks for your hard work to improve the site. 

8 minutes ago, bludog said:

Site features are valuable for success and I think steps have been taken in the right direction.  But policy is equally important.  Since your perception as a Conservative is naturally different than mine, as a Liberal, I will not be surprised if you are skeptical of what I have to say below.  Anyway, here is one Liberal's non sugar-coated, honest perception.

It is inevitable that Liberals or Conservatives in authority will decide more often in favor of fellow Liberals or Conservatives in Left/Right disputes between members.  Since you are the ultimate authority here, you naturally tend to back up Conservative mods who are deciding in favor of Conservative, more often than not.  Like banishments to the Hell Room and perma-bans.  And you tend to be more tolerant of the behavior of Right Wing trolls.  As a result, they get away with more than Left Wing trolls.  Not all the time and not in all cases, but as but the forum environment is becoming more adverse for Liberals and more cordial for Conservatives as the playing field tilts more toward the Conservative end zone.  Liberal members here are noticing.  As prospective Liberal lurkers must be also.

Unless this trend is reversed, fresh Liberal representation on this site, will be negatively affected. 

Good frank post that is consistent with my observation. I don’t see intentional bias there is a perception of unintended bias. 

Also, please keep LO as is. It’s not busy right now, but it will be. 

46 minutes ago, bludog said:

Site features are valuable for success and I think steps have been taken in the right direction.  But policy is equally important.

Ya, and we can start a topic on that if you would like right here where liberals can grill me without having any problems. I welcome that. As long as I am offered the same courtesy you demand from every liberal in this room. 

Since your perception as a Conservative is naturally different than mine, as a Liberal, I will not be surprised if you are skeptical of what I have to say below.  Anyway, here is one Liberal's non sugar-coated, honest perception.

Hit me. 

It is inevitable that Liberals or Conservatives in authority will decide more often in favor of fellow Liberals or Conservatives in Left/Right disputes between members.

True...this is why I have weighed the board with more liberal moderators than Conservatives. Right now I screw up the balance as my word is final. The way that is being changed is by building a team. The old one can't deal with the new forum or the influx of .net members and other new members. The debate room is proof of that. Once that team is in place I will phase out of moderating all together. I had planned on doing that before in fact. I did not realize how little the moderators are actually on the board moderating though....the three we had couldn't keep pace easily with the work load and site changes. Not anybodies fault but that is how it has played out. 

Since you are the ultimate authority here, you naturally tend to back up Conservative mods who are deciding in favor of Conservative, more often than not.  Like banishments to the Hell Room and perma-bans. 

I can accept that as true....if you guys here can accept that liberals challenge me three times as much as con members. Even when clearly in the wrong. All of you here who are active in NHB know this is also true. So, can I accept I am bias. I can. Can you accept I am not trying to be and am putting together a team so that such bias no longer exists? If so, I think we can all find common ground. To be clear though.....nobody is going to tell me to go fuck myself on my own forum when I am trying to help them out with a problem they requested help on. I think we can all get behind that. If not, well I consider that bias acceptable. 

And you tend to be more tolerant of the behavior of Right Wing trolls.  As a result, they get away with more than Left Wing trolls. 

This comes down to reporting. RW'S report FAR MORE than left wingers do. If leftwingers were encouraged to do so perhaps we could bring more of their concerns under control. This is where I struggle. If it's not worth reporting why is it worth complaining about? I don't get that at all. 

Not all the time and not in all cases, but as but the forum environment is becoming more adverse for Liberals and more cordial for Conservatives the playing field tilts more toward the Conservative end zone.  Liberal members here are noticing.  As prospective Liberal lurkers must be also.

So here is the olive branch if you guys think such is the case. Yet, just so you all know here. All the problem RW troll bots like Ducky of spent their fair share of time in hell as well....and the one who RW'S really want which is Pheonix has spent none. 

15 hours ago, kfools said:

This comes down to reporting. RW'S report FAR MORE than left wingers do. If leftwingers were encouraged to do so perhaps we could bring more of their concerns under control. This is where I struggle. If it's not worth reporting why is it worth complaining about? I don't get that at all. 

With some exceptions, those with more faith that they will be treated fairly by the authorities, tend to file more reports.  Those who feel they will not get a fair shake by those in power, tend to complain diffusely, with little effect.

there is no shortage of information to share and report on to fit a persons point of view

Mein Kampf opens with "BEST BOOK EVER" been he most current book to talk about for some time now and how long a dead horse can be kicked has yet to be seen

and that is a rich and insightful review without question defends and illustrates the value of it all

but by all means go on about mass reporting of the right  put value to it 

if I was cold Id let  beachooser come to your home once a week to help you understand the electric universe "all 3 to 5 parts of it" for two years straight 

but you know Im just saying 

7 minutes ago, rrober49 said:

there is no shortage of information to share and report on to fit a persons point of view

Ya,but we're talking about RULES violations.

7 minutes ago, rrober49 said:

Mein Kampf opens with "BEST BOOK EVER" been he most current book to talk about for some time now and how long a dead horse can be kicked has yet to be seen

and that is a rich and insightful review without question defends and illustrates the value of it all

but by all means go on about mass reporting of the right  put value to it 

if I was cold Id let  beachooser come to your home once a week to help you understand the electric universe "all 3 to 5 parts of it" for two years straight 

but you know Im just saying 

I don't even know what you just said.

54 minutes ago, kfools said:

I don't even know what you just said.

I think it's meant to satirize another member.  And I'm guessing he meant to post it in the "Political Books and Related Literature" sub-forum.:lol:

19 hours ago, kfools said:

And you tend to be more tolerant of the behavior of Right Wing trolls.  As a result, they get away with more than Left Wing trolls. 

" best book ever !"  the astounding reporting to be found all over the place

more to the point I hope

6 minutes ago, rrober49 said:

" best book ever !"  the astounding reporting to be found all over the place

more to the point I hope

Do you have any input on features liberals might like on the forum?

1 minute ago, kfools said:

move to discord

On 4/5/2020 at 7:02 PM, kfools said:

Ya, and we can start a topic on that if you would like right here where liberals can grill me without having any problems. I welcome that. As long as I am offered the same courtesy you demand from every liberal in this room. 

Hit me. 

True...this is why I have weighed the board with more liberal moderators than Conservatives. Right now I screw up the balance as my word is final. The way that is being changed is by building a team. The old one can't deal with the new forum or the influx of .net members and other new members. The debate room is proof of that. Once that team is in place I will phase out of moderating all together. I had planned on doing that before in fact. I did not realize how little the moderators are actually on the board moderating though....the three we had couldn't keep pace easily with the work load and site changes. Not anybodies fault but that is how it has played out. 

I can accept that as true....if you guys here can accept that liberals challenge me three times as much as con members. Even when clearly in the wrong. All of you here who are active in NHB know this is also true. So, can I accept I am bias. I can. Can you accept I am not trying to be and am putting together a team so that such bias no longer exists? If so, I think we can all find common ground. To be clear though.....nobody is going to tell me to go fuck myself on my own forum when I am trying to help them out with a problem they requested help on. I think we can all get behind that. If not, well I consider that bias acceptable. 

So here is the olive branch if you guys think such is the case. Yet, just so you all know here. All the problem RW troll bots like Ducky of spent their fair share of time in hell as well....and the one who RW'S really want which is Pheonix has spent none. 

why are you always making comparisons, you should state what you think left wingers are, for the most part, LO is not wing based, or should we say wing biased. LO is not about identity, it is comprised of folks who are looking for solutions to real problems. LO has its share of more conservative thinkers who do worry about the cost of poorly planned actions, LO is not about any warring tribalism thing. We are all in it together Kfools

On 4/6/2020 at 2:13 PM, kfools said:

On 4/5/2020 at 7:02 PM, kfools said:

Hit me. 

why are you always making comparisons, you should state what you think left wingers are, for the most part, LO is not wing based, or should we say wing biased. LO is not about identity, it is comprised of folks who are looking for solutions to real problems. LO has its share of more conservative thinkers who do worry about the cost of poorly planned actions, LO is not about any warring tribalism thing. We are all in it together Kfools

8 hours ago, TheOldBarn said:
  On 4/5/2020 at 7:02 PM, kfools said:

Hit me. 

Ok.

Are there any features you would like to see?

On 4/4/2020 at 11:58 PM, kfools said:

First Suggestion is I would like the +1 or -1 feature added back I loved that feature and it disappeared one day. 

I think that we have a good mix of people on here. I think a Conservative Only Room would also suffice for people on the right to have the same amount of space to write as the liberal members of this forum. 

Other than that I like the balance of the forum in general and thank you for making this forum as good as it is!

1 hour ago, zkyllonen8 said:

First Suggestion is I would like the +1 or -1 feature added back I loved that feature and it disappeared one day. 

I can look into that for you. Absolutely.

I think that we have a good mix of people on here. I think a Conservative Only Room would also suffice for people on the right to have the same amount of space to write as the liberal members of this forum. 

No.

Other than that I like the balance of the forum in general and thank you for making this forum as good as it is!

Your welcome. Like the suggestion.

On 4/5/2020 at 12:32 PM, bludog said:

My entire reasoning behind starting the clean debate room.

Which is now over run by righties, and is in no danger of ever having new Liberals join the site and post there.

All any new prospective Liberal members has to do is look at NHB, and then look at the clean debate room, and that ends any inclination they may have had of joining the site.

Liberal Forum will be Storm Front in another year. With you in this room as an anomaly. Of course chuck will put his best shades of lipstick on it, to garner the appearance of both sides are equal. 

The reality of no new Liberals joining is all the evidence needed of that failed message.

You are correct in describing my engaging in NHB, but it has become an exercise in counter trolling. Not debate.

But hey, at least any of the right wing trolls will get a warning if they go to far. You know, because of fairness.

2 hours ago, skews13 said:

My entire reasoning behind starting the clean debate room. 

Which is now over run by righties, and is in no danger of ever having new Liberals join the site and post there.

It's a shame what's happening in the CDR.  Bias is heavily toward the Right.  If a Liberal goes over the line, saying the same thing as a Conservative, the Conservative will, like as not, get a free pass while the Liberal will get a public warning with or without points.  The same standard applies toward banishment to the Hell Room. 

All any new prospective Liberal members has to do is look at NHB, and then look at the clean debate room, and that ends any inclination they may have had of joining the site.

Yup.  Any prospective new Conservative members will easily see they have he advantage.  And any prospective Liberal will seek greener pastures.

Liberal Forum will be Storm Front in another year.

It's been going in that direction for a long time.  And just got a big boost.

With you in this room as an anomaly.

This could be changing as we speak.  I am on trial in NHB.

https://www.liberalforum.org/topic/308793-lets-talk-about-social-clubs/?do=findComment&comment=1061844396

Scroll down for full exchange.

Of course chuck will put his best shades of lipstick on it, to garner the appearance of both sides are equal. 

Many more than Chuck.

You are correct in describing my engaging in NHB, but it has become an exercise in counter trolling. Not debate.

This is why I have curtailed my posting in both NHB and the CDR.  CDR is almost worse than NHB, since you often have to endure abuse, knowing that if you retaliate, you will be gigged.

@kfools

Another Suggestion is to Add Progressive to the Parties you are able to pick on your profile, I asked a while back to David_R and he never responded. 

Thank you again for the Improvement of the site!