Sign in to follow this  
LaughinAtLefty

Possibly a little light in a dark tunnel?

Fingers crossed...…….

Where coronavirus outbreak started in Washington state, officials see hope as cases appear to be leveling off

KIRKLAND, Wash. —The suburban hospital that handled the first onslaught of coronavirus patients weeks ago — a crush of seriously ill and dying nursing home residents that signaled the beginning of the national health crisis — is now offering cautious optimism to people across the United States who are searching for an end to the springtime nightmare: They believe they might have flattened the curve here.

At EvergreenHealth Medical Center, two miles from the shuttered Lifecare nursing home where 35 patient deaths were linked to the virus, officials say their rate of new covid-19 cases has remained steady for two weeks, leveling off at a trickle. On some days, doctors here see just one new case and haven’t seen more than four in a single day since mid-March. Few need admission to the intensive care unit, which is now half full, two weeks after overflow necessitated transfers to nearby hospitals.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/where-coronavirus-outbreak-started-in-washington-state-officials-see-hope-as-cases-appear-to-be-leveling-off/ar-BB11Ls27?ocid=spartandhp

9 minutes ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

Fingers crossed...…….

Where coronavirus outbreak started in Washington state, officials see hope as cases appear to be leveling off

KIRKLAND, Wash. —The suburban hospital that handled the first onslaught of coronavirus patients weeks ago — a crush of seriously ill and dying nursing home residents that signaled the beginning of the national health crisis — is now offering cautious optimism to people across the United States who are searching for an end to the springtime nightmare: They believe they might have flattened the curve here.

At EvergreenHealth Medical Center, two miles from the shuttered Lifecare nursing home where 35 patient deaths were linked to the virus, officials say their rate of new covid-19 cases has remained steady for two weeks, leveling off at a trickle. On some days, doctors here see just one new case and haven’t seen more than four in a single day since mid-March. Few need admission to the intensive care unit, which is now half full, two weeks after overflow necessitated transfers to nearby hospitals.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/where-coronavirus-outbreak-started-in-washington-state-officials-see-hope-as-cases-appear-to-be-leveling-off/ar-BB11Ls27?ocid=spartandhp

Oh God I hope so. 

Just now, dontlooknow said:

Oh God I hope so. 

As do billions.

Social distancing, testing, tracking, isolating.....until a better way is developed - this is the only way.

1 minute ago, dontlooknow said:

Here in Missouri cases went up by double over the last 24 hours. 

Ugghhhh…...I hate hearing that - but they were pretty low there, weren't they?

Gotta all do our part to get past this...

Just now, LaughinAtLefty said:

As do billions.

Social distancing, testing, tracking, isolating.....until a better way is developed - this is the only way.

I'm with you buddy. Hopefully Americans realize this isn't a hoax by now. 

Just now, LaughinAtLefty said:

Ugghhhh…...I hate hearing that - but they were pretty low there, weren't they?

Gotta all do our part to get past this...

Yes sir. 

20 minutes ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

Well that might have been true up until today (data from my STATS thread) ...

Washington   -   1996 (was 1793) cases,   96 (was 94) deaths, 11% increase in cases, 1% increase in deathsDeath Rate 4.8%

Washington   -   2221 (was 1996) cases,   110 (was 96) deaths, 11% increase in cases, 15% increase in deathsDeath Rate 5.0%

Washington   -   2469 (was 2221) cases,   123 (was 110) deaths, 11% increase in cases, 12% increase in deathsDeath Rate 5.0%

Washington   -   2580 (was 2469) cases,   132 (was 123) deaths, 4.5% increase in cases, 7.3% increase in deathsDeath Rate 5.1% (was 5.0%)

Washington   -   3207 (was 2580 ) cases,   147 (was 132 ) deaths, 24% increase in cases, 11% increase in deathsDeath Rate 4.6% (was 5.1%)

3 minutes ago, BeAChooser said:

Washington   -   1996 (was 1793) cases,   96 (was 94) deaths, 11% increase in cases, 1% increase in deathsDeath Rate 4.8%

Washington   -   2221 (was 1996) cases,   110 (was 96) deaths, 11% increase in cases, 15% increase in deathsDeath Rate 5.0%

Washington   -   2469 (was 2221) cases,   123 (was 110) deaths, 11% increase in cases, 12% increase in deathsDeath Rate 5.0%

Washington   -   2580 (was 2469) cases,   132 (was 123) deaths, 4.5% increase in cases, 7.3% increase in deathsDeath Rate 5.1% (was 5.0%)

Washington   -   3207 (was 2580 ) cases,   147 (was 132 ) deaths, 24% increase in cases, 11% increase in deathsDeath Rate 4.6% (was 5.1%)

Don't you worry bealoser America will be back better than ever after a few months. 

7 minutes ago, BeAChooser said:

I'm hoping it's the case - the OP. The initial part of the article referenced the area, county around the retirement center that was ravaged - and how they went to social distancing, closing of restaurants and all of that stuff - and staying home. That is where it appears the curve has finally flattened.

Later in the article it references a couple of other counties that were hesitant to be as "drastic", and that they finally went to the same system a couple of weeks later - and they're hoping to see the curve flatten as they catch up to the original area that went at it hard.

I hope that it happens, as it will be further proof social distancing and the measures put in place all over the country can flatten the curve.

1 minute ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

I'm hoping it's the case - the OP. The initial part of the article referenced the area, country around the retirement center that was ravaged - and how they went to social distancing, closing of restaurants and all of that stuff - and staying home. That is where it appears the curve has finally flattened.

Later in the article it references a couple of other counties that were hesitant to be a "drastic", and that they finally went to the same system a couple of weeks later - and they're hoping to see the curve flatten as they catch up to the original area that went at it hard.

I hope that it happens, as it will be further proof social distancing and the measures put in place all over the country can flatten the curve.

We can only hope the Republicans see the light. 

Just now, dontlooknow said:

We can only hope the Republicans see the light. 

Not an R or D thing - this is an American, and a World thing.

Only way forward presently is to flatten the curve. Anxious to see how the clinical trials go in NY. 

1 hour ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

Yes, if that's going to have an effect, it's about time to start seeing it, given the 3 day to 2 week incubation period of the virus.