1AC

My prediction of deaths due to Coronavirus

By this time next year my prediction is 50000 deaths in the United States due to Coronavirus and worldwide 125000.

1 minute ago, EltonJohnson said:

scary...     most of the cases are in  Democrat run areas

I don't necessarily think there's a correlation... the good news is I seriously doubt some of the predictions I've heard of millions upon millions dead from Coronavirus

2 minutes ago, 1AC said:

I don't necessarily think there's a correlation...

NYC is becoming a  mess

5 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

scary...     most of the cases are in  Democrat run areas

Plagues always hit cities first, then spread to smaller towns and rural areas. 

Just now, EltonJohnson said:

NYC is becoming a  mess

Maybe... And and maybe it will require a police and National Guard effort to enforce a mandatory curfew in New York City.

20 minutes ago, 1AC said:

By this time next year my prediction is 50000 deaths in the United States due to Coronavirus and worldwide 125000.

So...roughly the same number that die from the regular flu.  But let's cripple the economy until further notice.

6 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

So...roughly the same number that die from the regular flu.  But let's cripple the economy until further notice.

Well... The coronavirus is more contagious than the average flu... But I also believe that with the efforts employed so far that the numbers will be higher than the flu but not the Millions that some of the hair on fire idiots have predicted.

Just now, 1AC said:

Well... The coronavirus is more contagious than the average flu... But I also believe that with the efforts employed so far that the numbers will be higher than the flu but not the Millions that some of the hair on fire idiots have predicted.

Keep in mind, there are flu vaccines in place and we have effective treatments for it...and still as many will die from it as you think will die from the Wuhan Virus.  This one, in my opinion, is not spreading that quickly when compared to other "new" viruses/diseases...we just have more around the clock coverage by a media that is hell bent on sensationalism and bashing Trump with it as much as possible.

1 minute ago, BatteryPowered said:

Keep in mind, there are flu vaccines in place and we have effective treatments for it...and still as many will die from it as you think will die from the Wuhan Virus.  This one, in my opinion, is not spreading that quickly when compared to other "new" viruses/diseases...we just have more around the clock coverage by a media that is hell bent on sensationalism and bashing Trump with it as much as possible.

I don't necessarily disagree with what you said. The only salient fact about coronavirus that is concerning is the fact that it is more virulent and more contagious than the flu. but keeping that in mind once people get it they will probably be immune for at least 3 years and before that time we will have a vaccine to dress it and probably more efficacious Therapies to deal with it. My estimate of 50000 and 125,000 in my opinion is the highest figure... It could be less and very well may be.

5 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

Excellent...

I wonder if it's an election year has anything to do with it....

LOL...!

I'm not necessarily in agreement with Trump on the date of Easter to ease things up but I would definitely say by the end of April. But I don't think it's going to matter inasmuch as the individual states are going to react according to what occurs in their locale.

All I know is I'm sick and tired of hearing about it. You can't turn on a TV with out the Blah Blah about it. Getting real sic of that Cuomo who the hell appointed him head of the discussion.  

2 minutes ago, TBHWT said:

Getting real sic of that Cuomo who the hell appointed him head of the discussion.  

His mom

1 hour ago, 1AC said:

I'll say this: if there are 50 000 deaths in the US, the worldwide total will certainly be in the millions. 

7 minutes ago, TBHWT said:

All I know is I'm sick and tired of hearing about it. You can't turn on a TV with out the Blah Blah about it. Getting real sic of that Cuomo who the hell appointed him head of the discussion.  

I wouldn't be a bit surprised that Bloomberg had something to do with it

Just now, kking said:

I'll say this: if there are 50 000 deaths in the US, the worldwide total will certainly be in the millions. 

Under what circumstances do we get to Millions worldwide in a year?

Just now, 1AC said:

Under what circumstances do we get to Millions worldwide in a year?

Africa is late to the party and cases are growing there--they have a substandard health care system, less access to clean water to do something as simple as washing their hands, and, in general, live in more crowded areas in the city slums. Parts of south America are similar. 

At this moment, I can't fathom a scenario where the death toll stays below a million worldwide. 

Just now, CrimeaRiver said:

Natural wildfires have been around for millions of years.

They serve a purpose.

The flora and fauna has evolved to endure them would be a better way to put this.

23 minutes ago, 1AC said:

but keeping that in mind once people get it they will probably be immune for at least 3 years and before that time we will have a vaccine to dress it

You COULD be correct, but perhaps not. This is speculation on your part.

1 minute ago, XavierOnassis said:

You COULD be correct, but perhaps not. This is speculation on your part.

and which part do you believe is speculation

13 minutes ago, TBHWT said:

You should live in north Texas.  Dallas County Commissioner has always been a media whore and it constantly in front of cameras.  I swear, it almost looks like he has an orgasm when the cameras come on.

Just now, BatteryPowered said:

You should live in north Texas.  Dallas County Commissioner has always been a media whore and it constantly in front of cameras.  I swear, it almost looks like he had an orgasm when the cameras come on.

LOL