Sign in to follow this  
Z09

Swine Flu Obama: April 2009 "No cause for alarm"....Swine Flu Obama: October 2009 "we have a national emergency.."......How the media changes the crisis depending whose in the White House....

Over 12,000 Americans died because of the Swine Flu in 2009

At the same time 60 million were infected...

Over the last couple weeks an "expert" on MSNBC stated Trump could be charged with murder.

A doctor from the Obama Administration stated 3000 Americans will die every day because of Trump's lazy response.

Does anyone think that perhaps all this bad news is fluffed up because it's an election year?

It seems as though as soon the impeachment ended in the Senate almost immediately the virus showed up in the media.

1 minute ago, Z09 said:

Over the last couple weeks an "expert" on MSNBC stated Trump could be charged with murder.

A doctor from the Obama Administration stated 3000 Americans will die every day because of Trump's lazy response.

Does anyone think that perhaps all this bad news is fluffed up because it's an election year?

It seems as though as soon the impeachment ended in the Senate almost immediately the virus showed up in the media.

Wow. I didn’t know that many people died from that. 
there is certainly a different spin from when that happened to now. 

CNN Downplayed Swine Flu Under Obama, Went Gonzo On Wuhan Flu Under Trump

In 2009, CNN casually covered the Swine flu pandemic under Obama. In 2020, CNN started lambasting Trump in its coronavirus coverage.

Chrissy Clark
By Chrissy Clark
MARCH 19, 2020

In 2009, at the height of the H1N1 pandemic commonly referred to as “swine flu,” the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) suggested Americans should shut down schools, begin working from home, and quarantine themselves. Americans made minimal changes to their routines. Eleven years later, a new pandemic arose with similar CDC suggestions, but an entirely different reaction.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/19/cnn-downplayed-swine-flu-under-obama-went-gonzo-on-wuhan-flu-under-trump/

1 minute ago, Imgreatagain said:

I think both of these outbreaks are serious...

However, whey under a Democrat the reaction was different?

2 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

Most of the media are political activists, not journalists. 

1 minute ago, Z09 said:

I think both of these outbreaks are serious...

However, whey under a Democrat the reaction was different?

PT (Pre-Trump) 

AT (After-Trump) 

two totally different narratives 

so whats the take away from this thread?

both sides suck? .... I wish

as long as both sides defend their guy, we as a country are fkt

they are all the same

we dont matter .... till we do

DJ Trump will be re-elected on Nov. 3.

The Pence-CDC Team has gathered together the brightest minds upon the Earth.

They coordinate with business, medical, and political leaders across the board.

No one.......could do a better job.  The Trump Team just sent 2 Trillion Dollars 

into the fray.        And 2 Trillion more as credit reserve for companies to stay afloat.

And Joe Biden?    "Lame-brain" Biden is unable to recite the Pledge of Allegiance.

Ohhhhh...........PALEEEEEEEESE !!!                                                                                😎

8 minutes ago, MrKelly said:

so whats the take away from this thread?

both sides suck? .... I wish

as long as both sides defend their guy, we as a country are fkt

they are all the same

we dont matter .... till we do

"both sides defend their guy"...

Is that an admission that the media will defend a Democrat or simply won't report relevant stories?

CNN Headline...

They mention 36,000 flu deaths every year...

CNN’s front page compared the swine flu to the regular flu, pointing out the amount of deaths per year of the regular flu.

“An outbreak of swine flu that is suspected in more than 150 deaths in Mexico and has sickened dozens in the U.S. and elsewhere has grabbed the attention of a nervous public and medical officials worried the strain will continue to spread,” CNN wrote. “But even if there are swine-flu deaths outside Mexico, the virus would have a long way to go to match the 36,000 seasonal flu deaths in the U.S. each year.”

2 minutes ago, Z09 said:

"both sides defend their guy"...

Is that an admission that the media will defend a Democrat or simply won't report relevant stories?

like I said ... we are fkt

37 minutes ago, Z09 said:

But Obama didn’t have to borrow $2 trillion dollars like trump has and so trying to equate them only serves to show the superb leadership of Obama 

1 minute ago, harryramar said:

But Obama didn’t have to borrow $2 trillion dollars like trump has and so trying to equate them only serves to show the superb leadership of Obama 

Obama borrowed trillions and trillions 5-6-7 years into his term...

And there wasn't a swine flu..

Thoughts Harry?

again with the   "but what abouts"

both sides are masters at this

the oldest winning tactic in history is "divide and concur",  I bet ogg and gork did it in the caveman days

our worthless greedy politicians love to see us defend their actions based on party lines

here is a guy that has been around for a long time, federal reserve chairman under both bush and obama

here is how they do it .... still

26 minutes ago, harryramar said:

The Trumpanzee's will reject that fact straight away.

200.gif?cid=ecf05e4781ad86909fcfce0d0006

And accuse you of being a fake news merchant. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4781ad86909fcfce0d00

36 minutes ago, harryramar said:

But he did borrow trillions and trillions 5-6-7 years after the crisis ended..

Why Harry?

1 hour ago, Z09 said:

So it's your point that talking heads on TV shows aren't really "experts" and we shouldn't pay any attention to them?

Okay.  Why are you watching and bringing them up as if they matter, then?

Somebody else said Obama was born in Kenya.  Oh, wait...that wasn't some talking head on a TV show...It was TRUMP.

Just now, splunch said:

So it's your point that talking heads on TV shows aren't really "experts" and we shouldn't pay any attention to them?

Somebody else said Obama was born in Kenya.  Oh, wait...that wasn't some talking head on a TV show...It was TRUMP.

Someone also said he would close Gitmo, bring home all the troops and end the Patriot Act ....

Oh wait...

That was Obama..

I need to see my doctor now...

Oh wait..

I lost MY doctor under Obama

1 minute ago, splunch said:

I'm showing you examples of the Swine Flu under Obama....

Is it annoying?

Just now, Z09 said:

Someone also said he would close Gitmo, bring home all the troops and end the Patriot Act ....

Oh wait...

That was Obama..

I need to see my doctor now...

Oh wait..

I lost MY doctor under Obama

Goodie for you.  Tell us all what your point is if you have one.  

1 minute ago, Z09 said:

I'm showing you examples of the Swine Flu under Obama....

Is it annoying?

The swine flu wasn't even a pimple on the ass of the current virus.  Nowhere near as infectious nor as dangerous.  Best case scenario this corona virus is at LEAST 5 times more deadly than the flu.

3 minutes ago, splunch said:

The swine flu wasn't even a pimple on the ass of the current virus.  Nowhere near as infectious nor as dangerous.  Best case scenario this corona virus is at LEAST 5 times more deadly than the flu.

Well...

We had over 12,000 dead and 60 million infected over it..

1 hour ago, Z09 said:

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT... the first case of Swine flue occurred in April of 2009 (in the United States)... and Barack Obama FINALLY declared a national Emergency in December of 2009 !!

EIGHT MONTHS AFTER it had started... something like 12,000 Americans had ALREADY DIED, and the epidemic was essentially OVER, BEFORE Barack Obama saw fir to RAISE it to the level of a National Emergency !!

TALK about INCOMPETENT !!  WE can THANK our lucky STARS that we don't have Barack Obama as President during THIS emergency !!  CAN YOU IMAGINE if Joe BIDEN was president ?  THAT IDIOT doesn't know his A$$ from a HOLE in the ground !!  HE would tell us that everything is fine, AS PEOPLE WERE DYING, and the FAKE News Media would cover it all UP !!