fishhead

Pence again touts chloroquine as coronavirus treatment after it's linked to deaths

Just now, Olivaw said:

you got nothing

and all you have is a mess on your chin

1 minute ago, Olivaw said:

When the medical folks start talking about this drug as a viable treatment, I will be optimistic. Politicians, from either side, cannot be trusted. 

Agreed. With as many patients, and undoubtedly a bunch in a bad state - I would think/hope they'd allow them to take the meds if the patient requests them. Undoubtedly that would quickly build up a profile one way or another regarding effectiveness.

4 minutes ago, Chiseler said:

people are already being treated and recovering using it so suck a dick.

I just did a quick search, and all I saw was the one guy and the fish tank couple pop up.

Are there more positive outcomes? Am sure hoping so...….

Just now, LaughinAtLefty said:

Agreed. With as many patients, and undoubtedly a bunch in a bad state - I would think/hope they'd allow them to take the meds if the patient requests them. Undoubtedly that would quickly build up a profile one way or another regarding effectiveness.

Found the CDC information on drugs that are currently being tested. 
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/therapeutic-options.html

2 minutes ago, Olivaw said:

Found the CDC information on drugs that are currently being tested. 
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/therapeutic-options.html

5 minutes ago, Chiseler said:

Thanks for posting guys...

7 minutes ago, Chiseler said:

I reviewed these and see nothing that was not in my CDC link and nothing contrary to my statement: chloroquine might or might not prove to be a viable treatment but it can have serious side effects, Including death

What is your point?  I hope it is not that we can rest easy because a treatment is available. That is NOT what the experts are telling us. 

2 minutes ago, Olivaw said:

I reviewed these and see nothing that was not in my CDC link and nothing contrary to my statement: chloroquine might or might not prove to be a viable treatment but it can have serious side effects, Including death

What is your point?  I hope it is not that we can rest easy because a treatment is available. That is NOT what the experts are telling us. 

i didnt see anything in your link that said hydroxychloroquine could cause death and you clearly didnt click the second link. 

try again

5 minutes ago, Chiseler said:

lol it says right in the title "self medicating"

try again

Make your point or fuck off, troll. 

1 minute ago, Olivaw said:

Make your point or fuck off, troll. 

if you take medication not meant for you and you die it's not the drug's fault, its your fault for being retarded. 

18 minutes ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

Fingers crossed...

We have to be skeptical about any promising new treatments or cure.  Many years ago,  my mother was ill with an incurable disease. For two years, we lived in the hope that one of the “promising” new treatments in clinical trial was going to be a breakthrough consistent with initial studies.  The illness took her from us in 1974. There is still no cure. 

We should hope for the best, of course, but I would hate to see people risking their lives because some politician or internet joker tells them that there is a treatment or cure. Our best way to prevent this pandemic from stealing too many lives is social distancing. 

8 minutes ago, Olivaw said:

We have to be skeptical about any promising new treatments or cure.  Many years ago,  my mother was ill with an incurable disease. For two years, we lived in the hope that one of the “promising” new treatments in clinical trial was going to be a breakthrough consistent with initial studies.  The illness took her from us in 1974. There is still no cure. 

We should hope for the best, of course, but I would hate to see people risking their lives because some politician or internet joker tells them that there is a treatment or cure. Our best way to prevent this pandemic from stealing too many lives is social distancing. 

Agree completely regarding social distancing. That being said - I'm betting the Doc in Orange Cty NY didn't get on youtube and say he was 350 for 350 unless he's fucked up in the head and wants to purposely lose his license to practice.

Additionally, there was the French Doc, though his test cases were more limited numerically. I'm cautiously optimistic and hope like heck they keep trying this and posting results. Let's face it, sadly there are plenty of patients for clinical trials. If this does indeed show promise, I sure as hell hope the government or the media doesn't fuck it up for politics.

4 minutes ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

Agree completely regarding social distancing. That being said - I'm betting the Doc in Orange Cty NY didn't get on youtube and say he was 350 for 350 unless he's fucked up in the head and wants to purposely lose his license to practice.

Additionally, there was the French Doc, though his test cases were more limited numerically. I'm cautiously optimistic and hope like heck they keep trying this and posting results. Let's face it, sadly there are plenty of patients for clinical trials. If this does indeed show promise, I sure as hell hope the government or the media doesn't fuck it up for politics.

Agree, but urge caution in counting on limited trials that have not been replicated. Sadly, researchers are human. The current environment of fear creates the perfect storm for researchers to go public with cures and treatments that have not been thoroughly vetted.