supraTruth

Best TV series ever

7 hours ago, XavierOnassis said:

Breaking Bad is the best TV series ever, as I see it. It is set in a real place and is quite credible. The acting by all the cast is great. It has just the right amount of humor and empathy. IT makes you actually root for a meth dealer because he takes out the bad meth dealers in the best end to a series final, ever.

If you have seen it and not El Camino, see that as well.

It was fantastic. 

1 hour ago, Olivaw said:

Lost

Game of Thrones

Westworld (season 1)

Spartacus was excellent. 

I didn't like "Lost," enjoyed GOT a lot & also WW, although it often was too slow; but this season's 1st episode was hot in the "real" world future setting!

Kind of disappointing with the return to WW in the 2nd episode.

Yes, nothing like "Spartacus." 

Did u catch "Vikings?"  We got the 1st 3 seasons on a DVD from the local library.  Amazing charisma of Ragnar Lothbrok 

10 minutes ago, supraTruth said:

I didn't like "Lost," enjoyed GOT a lot & also WW, although it often was too slow; but this season's 1st episode was hot in the "real" world future setting!

Kind of disappointing with the return to WW in the 2nd episode.

Yes, nothing like "Spartacus." 

Did u catch "Vikings?"  We got the 1st 3 seasons on a DVD from the local library.  Amazing charisma of Ragnar Lothbrok 

A lot of people disliked Lost but I loved it, including the final episode. 

I haven’t seen any of WW season 3 yet. Our tradition is for my adult daughter and her BF to visit so that we can all watch that show together. Social distancing has put a stop to those regular visits so we’re going to try to save WW until we can resume our tradition. 

I watched a season and a half of Vikings. Season one was great but I drifted away during S2. My adult kids both watch it and tell me that I should binge it. Given the situation we all find ourselves in, I just might. 

32 minutes ago, Olivaw said:

A lot of people disliked Lost but I loved it, including the final episode. 

I haven’t seen any of WW season 3 yet. Our tradition is for my adult daughter and her BF to visit so that we can all watch that show together. Social distancing has put a stop to those regular visits so we’re going to try to save WW until we can resume our tradition. 

I watched a season and a half of Vikings. Season one was great but I drifted away during S2. My adult kids both watch it and tell me that I should binge it. Given the situation we all find ourselves in, I just might. 

Bingeing is the best way to watch most of these.

7 hours ago, supraTruth said:

I have always loved sitcoms, which truly make me laugh.  "Make Room for Daddy" with Danny Thomas' 1st wife was my all time favorite, but there have been so many good 1's in the last few years, like "The Middle," that get totally ignored by the awards shows.  And "The Goldbergs" is staccato funny, as is "Modern Family."

"Conners" is great.

Originating in the 1950's > Tie between Twilight Zone, Gunsmoke, Perry Mason, and Alfred Hitchcock Presents

Originating in the 1960's > Tie between Outer Limits and The Prisoner

Originating in the 1970's > Tie between All in the Family and M*A*S*H* 

In the 1980's > Tie between Magnum, P.I. and Hill Street Blues

In the 1990's > Law and Order

In the 2000's > C.S.I., House, and Fringe

In the 2010's > G.O.T., Madmen, The Newsroom, Westworld, and The Good Wife

Right Now? There are at least a 30 shows across all platforms that someone could make a convincing argument is the "best show on TV." 

Tastes vary. I prefer shows that tell us things about ourselves, our species, and our society that we'd rather NOT contemplate, because they cut a little too close to the truth....the shows that dare to tell us TRUTHS about our culture (and our near-term future) that we all know, at our deepest gut level we will ultimately be forced to accept.

My choice, right now: Netflix's Black Mirror

10 hours ago, CrimeaRiver said:

Those are sit-coms dumbass

Uh.....They are all 100% genuine TV Series.

So....who's the dumbass, again?

You must be confused, as usual.

This Topic is "BEST T.V. Series Ever"

Verdict:

You can't take a 2" x 4" and beat a few more I.Q. points into a utterly-feckless little Conservative Twit, but DAAAAAAMMMMMMMMNNNNNNN!...you can sure burn a few calories off.

4 hours ago, johndnorth said:

The Honeymooners. 

Absolutely. Keer-rist! I should have included it in my Best of 1950's list. Might be in top 10 of all time.

1 hour ago, Fit2Serve said:

Originating in the 1960's > Tie between Outer Limits and The Prisoner

LOL. My ROMEO* club was talking about the outer limits a couple of months ago. 

*Reitred Old Men Eating Out. 

I had a response about my favorite show, then I saw the OP’s nasty response to to the site admin’s request to move it.  

So I removed it.