On 5/12/2020 at 2:47 AM, 123urout said:

I love "Ruthie", my kinda chick.

Whiskey & Ruthie, maybe the only good things that ever came out of those hillbilly states!

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, supraTruth said:

I remember our 1st 4th channel, UHF Westerns --- loved it!

that was a major milestone, up there with color tv.

• Upvote 1

Recently binge watched American Crime... it was amazing.

Probably the best show since The Wire.

On 5/13/2020 at 1:06 PM, Redoctober said:

Scooby Do. NO other TV show had the Globetrotters in it. 

I do like the Globetrotters though; saw them as a Cub Scout & then maybe 10 or 11 years ago with my son & his Cub Scout friends.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 5/13/2020 at 4:06 PM, Redoctober said:

Scooby Do. NO other TV show had the Globetrotters in it. 

Don Knots and Phyllis Diller were the worst cameos on that show. 

On 4/26/2020 at 11:34 PM, supraTruth said:

How the hell could I have forgotten Homeland?

I have to re-rate/revise my Best TV Series Ever:

1:  Spartacus @STARZ

2:  Vikings

3:  Homeland

4:  The Sopranos (I still haven't seen it)

5:  Chernobyl

6:  Power

7:  The Simpsoms

8:  Taxi

9:  Friends

10:  Cheers

And Honorable Mentions:

Seinfield

Bob Newhart

Breaking Bad

West World (mostly because of Season 3)

Game Of Thrones

Make Room For Daddy

The Rifleman

Wyatt Earp

I Love Lucy

& dang, how did I forget Silicon Valley?

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, supraTruth said:

& dang, how did I forget Silicon Valley?

I’ve just started west world. No spoilers 

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

Don Knots and Phyllis Diller were the worst cameos on that show. 

My best 3 Series--

1.  The Checklist.   About CIA/FBI.   Spy vs. spy.  Highly intelligent.

2.  The Vikings.   Straight up 'bull gunfight'.

3.  The Shield.   About half-good cops turning bad.  Mean to the bone.   And moral failings.

These are soap-operas for tough-guys.

Women like soap-operas.   

I guess men do, too.    If the subject is right.                                🥃                      

On 3/25/2020 at 8:59 PM, johndnorth said:

The Honeymooners. 

Hands down. Minimal investment & super payoff.  That's Suwannee River? The son of my father's friend worked for Gleason in Florida. Said everyone loved him.  

And Honorable Mentions:

Seinfield

Bob Newhart

Breaking Bad

Game Of Thrones

Make Room For Daddy

The Rifleman

Wyatt Earp

I Love Lucy

• Downvote 1

And Honorable Mentions:

Seinfield

Bob Newhart

Breaking Bad

Game Of Thrones

Make Room For Daddy

The Rifleman

Wyatt Earp

I Love Lucy

• Downvote 1

Not sure how this got from a tv series to pollyticks but there is a reason the democrats plant their grass over the septic tank!

Lot of good series but I look forward to Yellowstone which starts it's third season this June. Beth is a bitch...................what more could a man ask for? 

1 minute ago, SCOOBYDOO said:

Not sure how this got from a tv series to pollyticks but there is a reason the democrats plant their grass over the septic tank!

Lot of good series but I look forward to Yellowstone which starts it's third season this June. Beth is a bitch...................what more could a man ask for? 

Alright, you sumbitch. 

Don't make me start liking you !!   

I love Yellowstone.  But it is too drawn out and convoluted.

Here are my top 3.

1.   The Blacklist.  (CIA/FBI).

2.   The Vikings.   (kill, or be killed).

3.   The Shield.   (Half bad cops turn bad).                                                      🍺

4 minutes ago, Taipan said:

Alright, you sumbitch. 

Don't make me start liking you !!   

I love Yellowstone.  But it is too drawn out and convoluted.

Here are my top 3.

1.   The Blacklist.  (CIA/FBI).

2.   The Vikings.   (kill, or be killed).

3.   The Shield.   (Half bad cops turn bad).                                                      🍺

don't end up at the train station!

On 5/15/2020 at 8:25 AM, AnotherJim said:

Hands down. Minimal investment & super payoff.  That's Suwannee River? The son of my father's friend worked for Gleason in Florida. Said everyone loved him.  

hard to believe there was only two seasons

seemed like a lot more than that

On 5/12/2020 at 3:54 AM, Chongo said:

Gunsmoke 1955 to 1975

Gunsmoke is an American radio and television Western drama series created by director Norman Macdonnell and writer John Meston. The stories take place in and around Dodge City, Kansas, during the settlement of the American West. The central character is lawman Marshal Matt Dillon, played by William Conrad on radio and James Arness on television. When aired in the United Kingdom, the television series was initially titled Gun Law,[1] later reverting to Gunsmoke.[2]

The radio series ran from 1952 to 1961. John Dunning wrote that among radio drama enthusiasts, "Gunsmoke is routinely placed among the best shows of any kind and any time."[3] The television series ran for 20 seasons from 1955 to 1975, and lasted for 635 episodes. At the end of its run in 1975, Los Angeles Times columnist Cecil Smith wrote: "Gunsmoke was the dramatization of the American epic legend of the west. Our own Iliad and Odyssey, created from standard elements of the dime novel and the pulp Western as romanticized by [Ned] Buntline, [Bret] Harte, and [Mark] Twain. It was ever the stuff of legend.

Did you know, Miss Kitty died of HIV/AIDS? Musta been a 'party girl'!  And that Peter Graves was James Arness brother? And they they built the whole "Dodge City" town set at Kanab, Utah? And, that Matt Dillion never shagged Miss Kitty? On or off set.Hmmm. (Maybe he knew something about her?) Most of the outdoor stuff was shot in California tho, hence the big oak trees and hills.

The only time I was at Dodge City was in June, and a massive thunderstorm dumped torrential rain all night and flooded the campground I was in.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, nuckin futz said:

Did you know, Miss Kitty died of HIV/AIDS? Musta been a 'party girl'!  And that Peter Graves was James Arness brother? And they they built the whole "Dodge City" town set at Kanab, Utah? And, that Matt Dillion never shagged Miss Kitty? On or off set.Hmmm. (Maybe he knew something about her?) Most of the outdoor stuff was shot in California tho, hence the big oak trees and hills.

The only time I was at Dodge City was in June, and a massive thunderstorm dumped torrential rain all night and flooded the campground I was in.

The mountains and desert are at least 30 days horse  ride away from Dodge City Kansas.

1 hour ago, Chongo said:

The mountains and desert are at least 30 days horse  ride away from Dodge City Kansas.

I know. Nothing at all like Kanab, Utah or California. I watch Gunsmoke every night!

1 minute ago, nuckin futz said:

I know. Nothing at all like Kanab, Utah or California. I watch Gunsmoke every night!

Great writing for the show, gives you a break from your troubles, mostly flat in Kansas and it is tornado season this time of year.

23 minutes ago, Chongo said:

Great writing for the show, gives you a break from your troubles, mostly flat in Kansas and it is tornado season this time of year.

The best old mining town I ever saw was Deadwood, S.Dakota. Nevada City CA is close where I live.Perfectly preserved! I know where there are real "ghost towns" nearby, still intact!

Nevada City; below:

Nevada City Voted Best Place to Live | Nevada County Real Estate

Deadwood, S.D. below:

Deadwood, South Dakota - USA Stock Photo: 60555358 - Alamy

2 hours ago, Chongo said:

21 minutes ago, Chongo said:

Dodge City is flat, and has a constant source of water on the Arkansas (ar KAN-sass) River and the Oglalla aquifer below ground. The Pony Express could ride the 1800 miles from St Joe to Sacramento in ten days, so 30 days would be on a rather slow horse. Dodge City KS to Kanab, UT is 689 miles.

• Downvote 1

16 hours ago, supraTruth said:

You forgot Deadwood. Al Swearengen and Mr. Wu from "Deadwood" Season 1 - YouTube  and this quote was a classic:  In my opinion E.B. has some of the best writing in the series and is easily one of the most quotable characters. Currently rewatching it all yet again, and last night heard one of my favorites: “August commencement to my administration, standing stymied outside a saloon next to a degenerate tit-licker.”

8 minutes ago, nuckin futz said:

The best old mining town I ever saw was Deadwood, S.Dakota. Nevada City CA is close where I live.Perfectly preserved! I know where there are real "ghost towns" nearby, still intact!

Nevada City; below:

Nevada City Voted Best Place to Live | Nevada County Real Estate

Deadwood, S.D. below:

Deadwood, South Dakota - USA Stock Photo: 60555358 - Alamy

I was out on a gold mine west of deadwood for a few weeks, I ran into some people who were similar to the actors on gunsmoke and one gave me some good gold prospecting tips, we pulled some gold out of a high bank area on the mine. Did you feel any earthquakes in your area?