drvoke

Spit On, Yelled At, Attacked: Chinese-Americans Fear for Their Safety

9 hours ago, Wallco1 said:

The Chinese are more responsible for the extinction of exotic animals than anybody else. Trying to get woody's with weird concoctions. 

the chinese would be smart to stay out of japan-- japan is probably boiling mad because they spent billions on building an olympic center and now the olympics will be postponed,

Don Lemon just interviewed an Asian American. She told a sad story of racial hatred. Mr. Lemon stated that President Trump is responsible due to his rhetoric. I hope this isn't true.

12 hours ago, drvoke said:

Image result for Spit On, Yelled At, Attacked: Chinese-Americans Fear for Their Safety

Cons are up to their old antics again of scapegoating and racism.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/spit-on-yelled-at-attacked-chinese-americans-fear-for-their-safety/ar-BB11AEg5?ocid=spartandhp

(Full article at above link)

WASHINGTON — Yuanyuan Zhu was walking to her gym in San Francisco on March 9, thinking the workout could be her last for a while, when she noticed that a man was shouting at her. He was yelling an expletive about China. Then a bus passed, she recalled, and he screamed after it, “Run them over.”

She tried to keep her distance, but when the light changed, she was stuck waiting with him at the crosswalk. She could feel him staring at her. And then, suddenly, she felt it: his saliva hitting her face and her favorite sweater.

In shock, Ms. Zhu, who is 26 and moved to the United States from China five years ago, hurried the rest of the way to the gym. She found a corner where no one could see her, and she cried quietly.

“That person didn’t look strange or angry or anything, you know?” she said of her tormentor. “He just looked like a normal person.”

As the coronavirus upends American life, Chinese-Americans face a double threat. Not only are they grappling like everyone else with how to avoid the virus itself, they are also contending with growing racism in the form of verbal and physical attacks. Other Asian-Americans — with families from Korea, Vietnam, the Philippines, Myanmar and other places — are facing threats, too, lumped together with Chinese-Americans by a bigotry that does not know the difference.

In interviews over the past week, nearly two dozen Asian-Americans across the country said they were afraid — to go grocery shopping, to travel alone on subways or buses, to let their children go outside. Many described being yelled at in public — a sudden spasm of hate that is reminiscent of the kind faced by Muslim-Americans and other Arabs and South Asians after the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

"He was yelling an expletive about China. Then a bus passed, she recalled, and he screamed after it, “Run them over.”

She tried to keep her distance, but when the light changed, she was stuck waiting with him at the crosswalk. She could feel him staring at her. And then, suddenly, she felt it: his saliva hitting her face and her favorite sweater."

Then he cried " This is Maga Country

1 hour ago, drvoke said:

Don Lemon just interviewed an Asian American. She told a sad story of racial hatred. Mr. Lemon stated that President Trump is responsible due to his rhetoric. I hope this isn't true.

Right, maybe she's lying.

12 hours ago, XavierOnassis said:

If you were to spend a couple of hours in a beef, pork, chicken or turkey processing factory here in the US, you would probably say the same damn thing about how we process meat. Wrapped neatly in plastic, it resembles a piece of  fruit, doesn't it?

The way we process meat in the US is nothing at all like the so-called wet markets in China. It's not about what species are eaten. It's about the way are raised,  monitored slaughtered, butchered and packaged.

11 hours ago, bludog said:

The pandemic could just as well have started in the USA, Europe or Russia.  It is not the fault of China that it started there.  Then to blame Chinese-Americans who don't even live in China is the height of mindless depravity.

It absolutely is the fault of the Chinese communist arts that it was started and covered up there. 

13 hours ago, king of the county said:

Well the damm Chinese virus is very bad 

not according to stable genius darn old trump. he is growing weary of looking like the incompetent loser that he is so now he is suggesting that we end this nonsense so he doesn't get blamed for helping to make it worse by his inaction. 

and he wants us t o trust his, the clown who called it a big hoax?

hahahahahahhahahahahahahaa

18 hours ago, drvoke said:

Image result for Spit On, Yelled At, Attacked: Chinese-Americans Fear for Their Safety

Cons are up to their old antics again of scapegoating and racism.

What a load of crap!  I can't tell a chink from a jap.  How would I even know which one I should spit on.  {for the record, I actually have a lot of admiration for the Japanese arts and culture]

17 hours ago, XavierOnassis said:

So you want to beat up some random Chinese person HERE because a few random Chinese THERE liked to eat bats?

How does that make sense?

The problem is not that anyone eats bats, it is how the bats are kept stacked up in cages with other animals, pooping on them.

I don't much care for the Chinese or their culture. Any country who systematically throws away thousands of years of history in favor of European Marxism is not worthy of anyone's admiration.  Plus, Chinese people are simply gross - they routinely act a lot like homeless San Franciscans. 

As Dave Chapelle said...."I love all kinds of chinks - all of'em".

There are so many brands of Asians.  Asian food culture is fascinating.

I couldn't live without a Chinese dish called CHONG CHIN CHICKEN or Russian SHASKLIK.

As Empire is slowly ending and crumbling,

Americans are restless, uncertain and filled with hate.  Sure hate can be fun:lol:...but its an empty endeavor

It feels good every once in a while to say "niqqer!"...or "redneck!"...

Image result for clayton bigsby gif

6 hours ago, Michaelf said:

It absolutely is the fault of the Chinese communist arts that it was started and covered up there. 

So that means we should take it out on Americans of Chinese ancestry?

1 hour ago, Skans said:

I don't much care for the Chinese or their culture. Any country who systematically throws away thousands of years of history in favor of European Marxism is not worthy of anyone's admiration.  Plus, Chinese people are simply gross - they routinely act a lot like homeless San Franciscans. 

Skans is a classic bigot. He hates anyone that is not like Skans.

The Chinese-Americans are polite and organized citizens. Skans has only seen homeless San Franciscans on TV, and I imagine that they are better people than a homeless Skans would be.

6 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Skans is a classic bigot. He hates anyone that is not like Skans.

The Chinese-Americans

I did not comment on Chinese-Americans, i.e. Chinese people who immigrated to America prior to Marxist China.  I commented on the Chinese and their current culture, and my comments are well founded.

Spit On, Yelled At, Attacked: Reminds me of libbers waiting at airports to harass me when i came home from the nam.

I have a Chink anecdote. I used to play intermural basketball in college. We just won our game and were ready to leave when the next two teams went on court. The first was a bunch of black guys who averaged about 6'2". The other team were the Chinese guys. They had to be anywhere from 5'5" to 5''8". Everyone laughed. These guys had no business being on a basketball court. But it was incredible. They were very disciplined and ran plays. They would call out numbers and they would run into various positions. They ended up losing, but they made it competitive. Even the black guys who beat them were laughing.

Just now, johndnorth said:

Spit On, Yelled At, Attacked: Reminds me of libbers waiting at airports to harass me when i came home from the nam.

They shouldn't have blamed the soldiers. It was an immoral war, though. Even McNamara admits that now.

18 minutes ago, bludog said:

No.  I have no problem with Americans of Chinese ancestry.  Just Chinese of Marxist ancestry. 

6 minutes ago, Skans said:

I did not comment on Chinese-Americans, i.e. Chinese people who immigrated to America prior to Marxist China.  I commented on the Chinese and their current culture, and my comments are well founded.

The Chinese have had markets of the sort than caused this forever. They closed the one in Wuhan and I imagine many others as well. Only a very small number of Chinese have anything to do with bat eating or pangolin plucking.

Just now, XavierOnassis said:

The Chinese have had markets of the sort than caused this forever. They closed the one in Wuhan and I imagine many others as well. Only a very small number of Chinese have anything to do with bat eating or pangolin plucking.

It's not just that.  They are dirty people.  Look at their public bathrooms.  Look at how they spit (men and women) nastiness all over the place.  Look at how they let their children poo in public places.   Chinese people and culture is disgusting by American standards.  Downright filthy.  And, I am speaking of Chinese.  Not Americans who have a chink in the woodpile.

3 minutes ago, Skans said:

It's not just that.  They are dirty people.  Look at their public bathrooms.  Look at how they spit (men and women) nastiness all over the place.  Look at how they let their children poo in public places.   Chinese people and culture is disgusting by American standards.  Downright filthy.  And, I am speaking of Chinese.  Not Americans who have a chink in the woodpile.

My cousin went to India and he said it's no better. What do those countries have in common? They both have over a BILLION PEOPLE. If you breed like vermin, you will live like vermin.

Just now, drvoke said:

My cousin went to India and he said it's no better. What do those countries have in common? They both have over a BILLION PEOPLE. If you breed like vermin, you will live like vermin.

I'm sure that is true.  Both countries are simply gross and their people engage in disgusting behavior.   I call it the way I see it.

3 hours ago, bludog said:

Of course not. But...we should smoke the Chinese communist party!

10 hours ago, kfools said:

"He was yelling an expletive about China. Then a bus passed, she recalled, and he screamed after it, “Run them over.”

She tried to keep her distance, but when the light changed, she was stuck waiting with him at the crosswalk. She could feel him staring at her. And then, suddenly, she felt it: his saliva hitting her face and her favorite sweater."

Then he cried " This is Maga Country

It's a she.

Justice for Chinky!

Image result for justice for juicy chappelle

1 hour ago, Michaelf said:

Of course not. But...we should smoke the Chinese communist party!

How do you propose we go about that?  Especially if we keep neglecting preventive measures.  Once the pandemic becomes full- blown, here in the US, we may have to rely on China for adequate medical supplies and drugs.

11 hours ago, Michaelf said:

The way we process meat in the US is nothing at all like the so-called wet markets in China. It's not about what species are eaten. It's about the way are raised,  monitored slaughtered, butchered and packaged.

But still, a trip to a slaughterhouse is just as disgusting to observe.

US food processing used to be as bad or worse than Chinese food processing. It took about 70 years to get the FDA to tell us what was in the things we eat daily.