Sign in to follow this  
RollingRock

Hi, everyone.....I'm back and will be posting here in LO!

After some consideration, I've decided to come back to this forum, but will be posting in LO exclusively.  

I've been working from home as has everyone but the doctors (and one RN) in my office.  It's unknown for how long, but I'm just thankful to have a job and a continued paycheck.

Scary times, these.   How's everyone doing? 

Welcome RR.

I'm a social isolationist.  I was practicing social distancing before the medics said it was okay😁

42 minutes ago, bludog said:

Welcome RR.

I'm a social isolationist.  I was practicing social distancing before the medics said it was okay😁

Hey, blu!  :D  Good to see you.  I have been called a 'recluse' more times than I can count.  Before I met my current wife, I rarely went out or socialized beyond the people I work with directly.  If one could obtain a degree in it, I would have a PhD in social distancing.  :lol:   I have decades of experience.  This is bothering my wife way more than it's bothering me - she is a "people person" by nature.

As long as I have the internet, cable TV, magazines, groceries and beer, I could do social distancing for months if needed.  Long scenic drives (with no stopping anywhere but to get gas) has been our pastime as of late.    

19 minutes ago, RollingRock said:

This is bothering my wife way more than it's bothering me - she is a "people person" by nature.

A couple consisting of a people person and a reclusive one can be a great match.  Of my three marriages, two were like that.  The only thing I miss during this pandemic, is going out to eat.  I have plenty of food and supplies stocked up here at home.  But I do like the buzz and festive atmosphere at eateries.

1 hour ago, RollingRock said:

After some consideration, I've decided to come back to this forum, but will be posting in LO exclusively.  

Welcome back RR. Glad to see you back and posting again. I’ve always enjoyed your perspective. 

My wife and I are doing well. Social distancing is not a lot of fun but we all have to try to make the best of it. We will miss my (adult) kids the most. 

I can’t say I blame you for choosing to remain in LO.   Spycar’s constant harassment was out of line.

Petty little spycar must have seen my post here. He PM’d me and used foul language.
😀

1 hour ago, bludog said:

A couple consisting of a people person and a reclusive one can be a great match.  Of my three marriages, two were like that.  The only thing I miss during this pandemic, is going out to eat.  I have plenty of food and supplies stocked up here at home.  But I do like the buzz and festive atmosphere at eateries.

My wife and I have been doing takeout a lot lately.  It makes us feel like we're getting out, although we just bring the food home.  😛  

44 minutes ago, Olivaw said:

Welcome back RR. Glad to see you back and posting again. I’ve always enjoyed your perspective. 

My wife and I are doing well. Social distancing is not a lot of fun but we all have to try to make the best of it. We will miss my (adult) kids the most. 

I can’t say I blame you for choosing to remain in LO.   Spycar’s constant harassment was out of line.

Hey, Olivaw!  :D  How have you been doing?  

I'm glad to be back - I've got lots to talk about in these trying times (and plenty of time to talk).  Do you get to talk to your adult children on Skype (or something similar)?  We'll all make it through this.  The wife and I have cleaned the house spotless.  :lol:  Then we take rides to scenic places.  It's the new "temporary normal."      

11 minutes ago, Olivaw said:

Petty little spycar must have seen my post here. He PM’d me and used foul language.
😀

Shocking.  :rolleyes:  He's totally and completely obsessed.  

1 hour ago, RollingRock said:

My wife and I have been doing takeout a lot lately.  It makes us feel like we're getting out, although we just bring the food home.  😛  

Heh heh.  We fell victim to the same temptation.  Deliveries are a little safer since the food is presumably cooked and wrapped by one person, with polymer gloves.  And you don't mingle, like you would at a restaurant.

43 minutes ago, RollingRock said:
1 hour ago, Olivaw said:

😀

Shocking.  :rolleyes:  He's totally and completely obsessed.  

Takes the forum so seriously that it's pathological.

4 hours ago, RollingRock said:

I've been working from home as has everyone but the doctors (and one RN) in my office.  It's unknown for how long, but I'm just thankful to have a job and a continued paycheck.

Good to hear from you. Welcome back

8 minutes ago, Zaro said:

Good to hear from you. Welcome back

Hey, Zaro!  :D  Are you still ruling this roost?

1 minute ago, RollingRock said:

Hey, Zaro!  :D  Are you still ruling this roost?

Of course. I take no responsibility. I give myself a 10 out of 10 for how I'm handling the sniffles

7 minutes ago, Zaro said:

Of course. I take no responsibility. I give myself a 10 out of 10 for how I'm handling the sniffles

Excellent!  :D  

Welcome Back! Rolling Rock. 

We have missed your progressive voice here in the Liberal's Only Room!

3 hours ago, Olivaw said:

😀

LMAO SpyCar is relentless calling me a NAZI because I support Bernie LMAO 

Saying that he is a "Liberal".

I might have differences with you guys here in LO room but he is Neo-Conservative at its finest. 

8 hours ago, RollingRock said:

Hey I remember you! 

Good to have you back dude! 

There is some effort at civility in the "Debate" room, too.  Until that, I had largely dumped the NHB, too.  It's useless unless you're just looking for a goof.  Some of those people are catastrophically stupid and committed to demonstrating it relentlessly.

I’m skeptical about the debate room but willing to see how it unfolds. I  think Mack was right when he called it NHB with a pinkie in the air. It’s no less partisan.

We’ll see. 

14 hours ago, Olivaw said:

I’m skeptical about the debate room but willing to see how it unfolds. I  think Mack was right when he called it NHB with a pinkie in the air. It’s no less partisan.

We’ll see. 

Most of the participants just digress into the same trollery they always have.  "Hey, now!  You knock that off!  <wink wink, nudge nudge!>"  Leopards don't change their spots. 

4 hours ago, splunch said:

Most of the participants just digress into the same trollery they always have.  "Hey, now!  You knock that off!  <wink wink, nudge nudge!>"  Leopards don't change their spots. 

I haven't gone there.  Old Mack was right on that one.

All the angry, blind insistence and negativity of NHB, but without the cursing.  Threads like the one bitterly complaining about the census.  Gimme a break.

2 hours ago, bludog said:

I haven't gone there.  Old Mack was right on that one.

All the angry, blind insistence and negativity of NHB, but without the cursing.  Threads like the one bitterly complaining about the census.  Gimme a break.

The bottom line is a lot of those people cannot do any better.  You lay it out and make your case for something and they just can't follow it, let alone address it.  They're not even conservative as much as they're just parroting the WWE caricatures they prefer.  To be fair there are plenty of rabid left-wingers that are just as mindless, though not nearly as many in the U.S. as there are on the right.  For whatever reason, the whole GOP Marlboro Man Myth plays better with the simpletons in general.  I guess it's deliberately easy to grasp.

6 hours ago, splunch said:

The bottom line is a lot of those people cannot do any better.  You lay it out and make your case for something and they just can't follow it, let alone address it.  They're not even conservative as much as they're just parroting the WWE caricatures they prefer.  To be fair there are plenty of rabid left-wingers that are just as mindless, though not nearly as many in the U.S. as there are on the right.  For whatever reason, the whole GOP Marlboro Man Myth plays better with the simpletons in general.  I guess it's deliberately easy to grasp.

Right wingers believe that we are obliged to read their synopsis of the latest episode of a Hannity. Then they become petulant when we don’t buy it. It doesn’t matter if it’s in NHB or Debate. The script is always the same. The difference is, in Debate they try to find a subtle way to call you idiot or liar.