BeAChooser

COVID-19 Pandemic Stats ...

I've been keeping track of the spread of coronavirus since the beginning ... on someone else's thread.  

Since we've entered a new phase ... pandemic ... I've decided to start a new thread devoted to those statistics ... for anyone interested.  

I'll start off by repeating yesterday's post from the other thread here and go from there:

RED IS INCREASE IN DELTA OVER PREVIOUS DAY (BAD) - BLACK IS A DECREASE IN DELTA OVER PREVIOUS DAY (GOOD)

From https://bnonews.com/index.php/2020/01/the-latest-coronavirus-cases/ 

Total at the end of March 14 - 155627 cases / 5822 deaths (delta 10858/416) 7.5% INCREASE IN CASES, 7.7% INCREASE IN DEATHS.

Total at the end of March 15 - 165969 cases / 6475 deaths (delta 10342/653) 6.6% INCREASE IN CASES, 11.2% INCREASE IN DEATHS.

And ...

From bnonews ...

Number of Serious/Critical cases - 5748 was 5534 so UP

Number of Recovered cases & Active Cases - 75910 (was 75532) so 83584 (was 74273) active cases, 11% INCREASE IN ACTIVE CASES.

Number of US cases/deaths - 3783/65  2808/57  2466/44  1336/36  (up 975/8)  35% INCREASE IN CASES,  14% INCREASE IN DEATHS, 1.7% death rate 

Internationally, the big problems are ...

South Korea - 8162 (was 8162), up 0 delta ZERO. 0.9% death rate same.   NO CHANGE!

Italy - 24747 (was 21157) cases, up 3590 (was 3497), 17% INCREASE IN CASES DEATH RATE 7.3% (was 6.8%).

Iran - 13938 (was 12729) cases, up 1209 (was 1365), 9% INCREASE IN CASES.  DEATH RATE 5.1% (was 4.8%).   

Germany - 5620 (was 4585) (was 3675), up 1035 was 910, 23% 25% INCREASE IN CASES. DEATH RATE 0.2% - about the same.

I am still interested in knowing why Germany's death rate continues to be so very low?   More Complete Testing?

France - 5423 (was 4499) , up 924, 21% INCREASE IN CASES.   DEATH RATE 2.3%.

Spain - 7843 (was 6391), up 1542, 24% INCREASE IN CASES  DEATH RATE 3.7%.

CHINA HAS THIS UNDER CONTROL.   80844 Cases / 3199 Deaths / 66911 Recovered.

Monitor these charts ...

Distribution of COVID-19 cases worldwide, as of 15 March 2020

Distribution of COVID-19 cases worldwide, as of 15 March 2020

(from https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/geographical-distribution-2019-ncov-cases )

Number of new cases in Asia outside China same.

Number of cases in Europe falling.

Number of cases in the AmericaS rose substantially.   

Distribution of COVID-19 cases by continent (except China), as of 15 March 2020

Distribution of COVID-19 cases by continent (except China), as of 15 March 2020

Here's a link to the CDC's chart of new cases for the US:   https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-in-us.html .  I can't print it here but it's worth a look each day.   It shows that the infection in US is still increasing slightly faster than linearly.

US data (https://bnonews.com/index.php/2019/12/tracking-coronavirus-u-s-data/ ) shows Washington, New York, California, Massachusetts and Colorado (all blue states) account for about 56% of the cases and 80% of the deaths in the US.  Also only 8 cases have recovered out of 3621 cases.

Good post BAC. Nevada shut down all schools. Hopefully this will be contained sooner than later. 

3 minutes ago, Vegas said:

Good post BAC. Nevada shut down all schools. Hopefully this will be contained sooner than later. 

u guys didnt test

Its not looking good for u guys unfortunately, 

You know who to blame

Just now, leomon said:

u guys didnt test

Its not looking good for u guys unfortunately, 

You know who to blame

Sighhhhh....i get it, you guys think everything is Trumps's fault...literally everything. Even the the ills of the world that happened before Trump was even born, it was still Trump's fault. 

1 minute ago, Vegas said:

Sighhhhh....i get it, you guys think everything is Trumps's fault...literally everything. Even the the ills of the world that happened before Trump was even born, it was still Trump's fault. 

no not everything

But Trump could of done something, but instead reduce funding available to CDC.

I mean comeon A PROVINCE in Canada almost tested more than your entire country

That is ridiculous, places with ZERO cases tested more than the US

That is extreme negligence IMO. If you dont test how do you know who has it? THATS FUNDAMENTAL.

You know how italy started? The same infected guy went to ER 3 times and got rejected everytime. Infecting everyone 

America is starting the same way.

6 minutes ago, leomon said:

Lie

6 minutes ago, leomon said:

I mean comeon A PROVINCE in Canada almost tested more than your entire country

Provinces in Canada don't have to comply with US FDA certification requirements.  As I understand it from the CNN (so there is a significant chance they are wrong, but that is the channel I am forced to watch), the "test kit" is nothing more than a couple of swabs.  However, the lab has to be certified to run the test on the swabs.

Just now, BatteryPowered said:

Lie

Provinces in Canada don't have to comply with US FDA certification requirements.  As I understand it from the CNN (so there is a significant chance they are wrong, but that is the channel I am forced to watch), the "test kit" is nothing more than a couple of swabs.  However, the lab has to be certified to run the test on the swabs.

Are you denying that Trump cut funding to CDC?

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-testing

Our TWO PROVINCES have tested more than all of US

And we have 1/10 of the population...

Just now, leomon said:

Yes.  First...the PROPOSED "cuts" were part of the budget he submitted and it was actually just a reduction to the CDC budget growth over a 10 year period.  In every year, their budget actually increases...just not a much as in previous projections.  Second...it was a budget proposal that WAS NOT enacted by Congress. 

26 minutes ago, leomon said:

Its not looking good for u guys unfortunately

It's not looking good for anyone.

Not just them.

All of us.

Vegas has nothing to do with testing or cures.

17 minutes ago, leomon said:

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-testing

Our TWO PROVINCES have tested more than all of US

And we have 1/10 of the population...

There was no funding cut under Trump. There was a suggestion but Congress hasn't signed a budget into law since Clinton. 

1 hour ago, Squatchman said:

Vegas has nothing to do with testing or cures.

Thank you good sir. You are a very logical man. 

5 hours ago, Vegas said:

Thank you good sir. You are a very logical man. 

I'm thinking I'm calling them as I see them from now on.

It's hard being an ass all of the time.

Dems are just using the virus as a crisis :

The reality is

China has 3,213 deaths

Italy has 2,158 deaths

Iran has 853

Spain 342

France 142

The U.S. has 86 deaths  -- it would appear people are working the problem in the United States and have slowed the entrance of the virus to the U.S.  --- despite the Dems open boarder policies …

7 hours ago, BatteryPowered said:
7 hours ago, leomon said:

Yes.  First...the PROPOSED "cuts" were part of the budget he submitted and it was actually just a reduction to the CDC budget growth over a 10 year period.  In every year, their budget actually increases...just not a much as in previous projections.  Second...it was a budget proposal that WAS NOT enacted by Congress. 

Wow, you shoved that up his ass!

15 minutes ago, neilcar said:

Dems are just using the virus as a crisis :

The reality is

China has 3,213 deaths

Italy has 2,158 deaths

Iran has 853

Spain 342

France 142

The U.S. has 86 deaths  -- it would appear people are working the problem in the United States and have slowed the entrance of the virus to the U.S.  --- despite the Dems open boarder policies …

Kudlow thought they had it contained. And we didn't have enough tests to test all of the cases so we have incomplete information. 

6 minutes ago, dontlooknow said:

Kudlow thought they had it contained. And we didn't have enough tests to test all of the cases so we have incomplete information. 

Not sure that it can be contained (other than by social isolation)

… and I used deaths data confirmed, rather than the known cases data because of the test kits … 

9 hours ago, leomon said:

Now THAT IS A LIE!!! AND YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED OVER AND OVER TO STOP LYING!!!!

YOUR HATE is all you have left and since you have to LIE ABOUT TRUTH, YOU ARE NOW EXPOSING YOURSELF AS THE BOARD SHITSTAIN!!!

1 hour ago, dontlooknow said:

We didn’t have the LABS approved by the FDA.  You just need a couple of swabs to get the samples.

1 hour ago, dontlooknow said:

There is NO NEED TO TEST PEOPLE THAT SHOW NO SYMPTOMS!!!!

WHEN are you goddamn SHITSTAINS going to realize that????

We are FAR BETTER to only test POSSIBLE cases instead of trying to test the 85-88% that WILL NEVER CONTRACT THIS!!!

RED IS INCREASE IN DELTA OVER PREVIOUS DAY (BAD) - BLACK IS A DECREASE IN DELTA OVER PREVIOUS DAY (GOOD)

From https://bnonews.com/index.php/2020/01/the-latest-coronavirus-cases/ 

Total at the end of March 14 - 155627 cases / 5822 deaths (delta 10858/416) 7.5% INCREASE IN CASES, 7.7% INCREASE IN DEATHS.

Total at the end of March 15 - 165969 cases / 6475 deaths (delta 10342/653) 6.6% INCREASE IN CASES, 11.2% INCREASE IN DEATHS.

Total at the end of March 16 - 181853 cases / 7113 deaths (delta 15884/638) 9.6% INCREASE IN CASES, 9.8% INCREASE IN DEATHS.

And ...

From bnonews ...

Number of Serious/Critical cases - 5965 was 5748 so UP

Number of Recovered cases & Active Cases - 77940 (was 75910) so 96800 (was 83584) active cases, 16% INCREASE IN ACTIVE CASES.

Number of US cases/deaths - 4525/81  3783/65  2808/57  2466/44  (up 742/16)  20% INCREASE IN CASES,  20% INCREASE IN DEATHS, 1.8% death rate 

Internationally, the big problems are ...

South Korea - 8236 (was 8162)), up 71, 0.8% INCREASE IN CASES.  0.9% death rate same.   NO CHANGE!

Italy - 27980 (was 24747) cases, up 3233 (was 3590), 13% INCREASE IN CASES DEATH RATE 7.7% (was 7.3%).

Iran - 14991 (was 13938) cases, up 1053 (was 1209), 8% INCREASE IN CASES.  DEATH RATE 5.7% (was 5.1%).   

Germany - 7272 (was 5620), up 1652 (was 1035), 29% INCREASE IN CASES. DEATH RATE 0.2% -still the same.

I am still interested in knowing why Germany's death rate continues to be so very low?   More Complete Testing?

France - 6652 (was 5423) , up 1229, 23% INCREASE IN CASES.   DEATH RATE 2.0%.

Spain - 9942 (was 7843), up 2099, 27% INCREASE IN CASES  DEATH RATE 3.4% (was 3.7%).

CHINA HAS THIS UNDER CONTROL.   80860 Cases / 3213 Deaths / 67490 66911 Recovered. Deltas (16/14/579)

Monitor these charts ...

Distribution of COVID-19 cases worldwide, as of 16 March 2020 (HUGE JUMP IN NUMBER OF CASES)

Distribution of COVID-19 cases worldwide, as of 16 March 2020

Number of new cases in Asia outside China minor increase.

Number of cases in Europe EXPLODING.

Number of cases in the AmericaS minor increase.

Distribution of COVID-19 cases by continent (except China), as of 16 March 2020

Distribution of COVID-19 cases by continent (except China), as of 16 March 2020(from https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/geographical-distribution-2019-ncov-cases )

Here's a link to the CDC's chart of new cases for the US:   https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-in-us.html .  I can't print it here but it's worth a look each day.   Chart on CDC's page is now showing that the number of new cases in the country has been going down for the past several days.  This is a big change from he past several days but it does more agree with what the bnonews data has been showing.

US data (https://bnonews.com/index.php/2019/12/tracking-coronavirus-u-s-data/ ) shows Washington, New York, California, Massachusetts and Colorado (all blue states) account for about 52% of the cases and 75% of the deaths in the US.  STILL only 8 cases have recovered out of 4525 cases.

16 minutes ago, MidnightMax said:

Now THAT IS A LIE!!! AND YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED OVER AND OVER TO STOP LYING!!!!

It's clear now he doesn't care.  He's going to lie because he wants the economy to collapse and America to be hurt.  

Good OP I'll be keenly following.

Seems to me the two places that have their acts together are Germany and South Korea. I also read in your other thread they both actually had well written, rehearsed plans for this type of event - affording them the ability to quickly respond as needed.

I'm wondering if the places doing so poorly had no plans - and where the US falls in those two categories?

8 minutes ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

Good OP I'll be keenly following.

Seems to me the two places that have their acts together are Germany and South Korea. I also read in your other thread they both actually had well written, rehearsed plans for this type of event - affording them the ability to quickly respond as needed.

I'm wondering if the places doing so poorly had no plans - and where the US falls in those two categories?

I don't think ANY nation can "prepare" for something as this.

HOWEVER, being smaller nations, they can mobilize far faster. AND they don't have the same REGULATORY system we have here.

Which is pretty much the ONLY evidence one needs to determine that TOO MUCH GOVERNMENT CONTROL is neither helpful OR going to work.

9 minutes ago, MidnightMax said:

I don't think ANY nation can "prepare" for something as this.

HOWEVER, being smaller nations, they can mobilize far faster. AND they don't have the same REGULATORY system we have here.

Which is pretty much the ONLY evidence one needs to determine that TOO MUCH GOVERNMENT CONTROL is neither helpful OR going to work.

I agree a nation can't fully prepare, but, in BAC's other thread on Germany - they had some very definitive plans both on a national level and a state level they were able to enact pretty quickly. 

It seems to me from observation we didn't have a plan. Whereas Germany and SK have been very proactive, we've been reactive. 

I completely agree regulatory, bureaucracy, and politics are a demonstrative part of our poor response as this ramped up. I would hope moving forward - ALL of those aspects are addressed so when the next situation arises - our response resembles that of the aforementioned that are ahead of the curve. The value of having our shit together I would hope warrants this to occur.

1 hour ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

I agree a nation can't fully prepare, but, in BAC's other thread on Germany - they had some very definitive plans both on a national level and a state level they were able to enact pretty quickly. 

But those plans still haven't kept Germany from having thousands of cases ... up 29% TODAY!   

The ONLY thing that's different about Germany is the low death rate, and so far I don't see the reason why that's the case.