Sign in to follow this  
fourputt

Would Trump even debate the Democrat nominee

The more I think about this the more apparent it looks like Trump will not debate the Democrat nominee. He will stick to his safe outlet of Twitter and spread lies that Democrats are demanding unfair rules and dont want a fair Debate. There is nothing and I mean nothing this man will do or say to gain any advantage in this upcoming election.

If I were the Democrat nominee I would wave off any offers to "debate" Donald Trump.  He cannot string together 3 ideas that make coherent sense, let alone conduct a debate.  The whole thing will degenerate into his usual, a blind wounded bull in a china shop, just flailing, bouncing off the walls and smashing anything he can.  Best case scenario he'll look bad to people who are smart enough to see what a pathetic creature he is...but they already know, so you really gain nothing.  Worst case,  his brainless gutter yammerings turn the whole thing into a disgraceful, pointless circus and he drags everyone in the room down into the pit with him.  

It's absolutely pointless.

It would be wonderful to see Joe or Bernie bounce that snorting fool around the debate stage. Trump was abysmal in his debates with Hillary and he’d be even more abysmal against other of these men. 

I don’t just want to see the stammering fool brought down a notch on the debate stage, I need to see it. 

4 hours ago, Olivaw said:

It would be wonderful to see Joe or Bernie bounce that snorting fool around the debate stage. Trump was abysmal in his debates with Hillary and he’d be even more abysmal against other of these men. 

I don’t just want to see the stammering fool brought down a notch on the debate stage, I need to see it. 

But the people who like him won't see that, no matter what happens.  The more he is exposed for making no sense, for contradicting himself, for saying things that are easily demonstrably false, the more he purses his lips and makes his best WWE face and the rubes just lap it up.  "Did you see that!  He really stuck it to him that time!  Yeah, Trump!"  They're not going to hear clear points about how Trump mis-handled Corona, or how his trade war with China is crushing farmers.  They don't understand things like that.  They understand "Crooked Hillary" and "these Democrats are so bad" and that's about it.

On 3/8/2020 at 4:42 PM, fourputt said:

Would Trump even debate the Democratic Nominee?

The more I think about this the more apparent it looks like Trump will not debate the Democrat nominee. He will stick to his safe outlet of Twitter and spread lies that Democrats are demanding unfair rules and dont want a fair Debate. There is nothing and I mean nothing this man will do or say to gain any advantage in this upcoming election.

An interesting question considering Trump's self-styled imperial presidency.   Having undergone continuing cognitive deterioration since 2016 he might very well opt out of debates claiming disdain for his Democratic opponent. 

On the other hand, he might participate with a game plan of a complete farce in which he would simply belittle his opponent continually, while not attempting to actually debate.  That TV style of "The Apprentice" takes very little thought and comes easily to a bully.  His base would lap up this kind of blustering entertainment.  They are mostly not interested in policy, planning or serious consideration of the state of the nation.

2 hours ago, splunch said:

But the people who like him won't see that, no matter what happens.  The more he is exposed for making no sense, for contradicting himself, for saying things that are easily demonstrably false, the more he purses his lips and makes his best WWE face and the rubes just lap it up.  "Did you see that!  He really stuck it to him that time!  Yeah, Trump!"  They're not going to hear clear points about how Trump mis-handled Corona, or how his trade war with China is crushing farmers.  They don't understand things like that.  They understand "Crooked Hillary" and "these Democrats are so bad" and that's about it.

The cult are a lost causes. They would claim victory if he showed up with his pants on backwards.  Every stupid step he takes is viewed as a masterful chess move. Every narcissistic claim, a sign of brilliance. Every childish wisecrack,  a sign that he’s an alpha-male. Every lie is believed. Every snort is celebrated. Up is down. Black is white.  He is their dear leader and he can do no wrong.

But I do so dream of Joe or Bernie kicking that stammering buffoon around a debate stage. We will have the better man and the debate stage would showcase it.