Sign in to follow this  
TheOldBarn

Warren is the one!

I'm telling all my friends. 

Elizabeth Warren is the one...

She is, the smartest person who has ever ran for the president of the United States...

She can unite people from every stripe. 

We need her. She can do more than just defeat Donald Trump.

She has studied the economic turmoils as a academic, when most people don't even have a clue.

She can fight big time, and unite, we need Warren, and she will come through. This song was written for her.

The way songs are written, and then played, and then implemented the way they could be 

you are just an artist 

playing a simple song.

A simple song. 

That's it.

If she does not get that much momentum on Tuesday I believe the best thing for the Party would be for her to Drop out and put her full Support behind Bernie. 

This would help solidify herself as a strong progressive and not the moderate that she has proclaiming herself as during this Campaign. 

I think she has tried to make her a Liberal moderate and that has hurt her greatly. 

She is still my second choice though do not get me wrong. 

19 hours ago, TheOldBarn said:

I'm telling all my friends. 

Elizabeth Warren is the one...

She is, the smartest person who has ever ran for the president of the United States...

She can unite people from every stripe. 

We need her. She can do more than just defeat Donald Trump.

She has studied the economic turmoils as a academic, when most people don't even have a clue.

She can fight big time, and unite, we need Warren, and she will come through. This song was written for her.

The way songs are written, and then played, and then implemented the way they could be 

She may not be the smartest person who has ever run for president but she appears to be the smartest person on the debate stage this year. If she wins the nomination, she would make a fine president. 

More importantly, she draws support from moderates and progressives alike. She is well positioned to unify us to defeat Trump. 

Disclosure: My heart supports Biden. My head supports Warren. 

4 minutes ago, Olivaw said:

More importantly, she draws support from moderates and progressives alike. She is well positioned to unify us to defeat Trump. 

Disclosure: My heart supports Biden. My head supports Warren. 

My heart heart supports Warren.  My head says she is through.  We'll find out Super Tuesday.

My heart is with Warren.  It's past time for a female President.  She's brilliant, strong, and just the kind of person who'd make a great world leader.

11 hours ago, bludog said:

My heart heart supports Warren.  My head says she is through.  We'll find out Super Tuesday.

This describes my views perfectly.  I wish she were crushing it.  But she's not.  If she can't make a really big splash Tuesday, I would hope that she, my first choice, would drop out and throw her support to Bernie.

I don't understand why Liz Warren is polling so low.  :(  I like her as well.  

51 minutes ago, RollingRock said:

I don't understand why Liz Warren is polling so low.  :(  I like her as well.  

I suspect that if a man of equal talents and ability acquitted himself like Warren has, he would be the frontrunner today.   And that the Nation has not matured enough to be ready for a woman.

4 minutes ago, bludog said:

I suspect that if a man of equal talents and ability acquitted himself like Warren has, he would be the frontrunner today.   And that the Nation has not matured enough to be ready for a woman.

Sad but probably very true, bludog.  I think there are many women out there who would do a fantastic job of leading this country.  Liz Warren is one of those women.  I hope I see a female president in my lifetime.

59 minutes ago, RollingRock said:

I think there are many women out there who would do a fantastic job of leading this country.  Liz Warren is one of those women.  I hope I see a female president in my lifetime.

I do too.  One of the progressive kind.

Just now, bludog said:

I do too.  One of the progressive kind.

I agree 100%.  :D  Progressive is a must at this point, at least during this primary period.  If we have a centrist in November, so be it.  But I'm currently fighting for a progressive nominee.

2 hours ago, splunch said:

If she can't make a really big splash Tuesday, I would hope that she, my first choice, would drop out and throw her support to Bernie.

Just as Buttigeig appears to be throwing his support to Biden.

3 minutes ago, splunch said:

Hmm.  Lots of people cast her as a progressive.  I find an endorsement for Biden to be incompatible with progressive politics of the time.

True colors, I guess.

4 hours ago, bludog said:

Just as Buttigeig appears to be throwing his support to Biden.

45 minutes ago, bludog said:

3 minutes ago, splunch said:

Hmm.  Lots of people cast her as a progressive.  I find an endorsement for Biden to be incompatible with progressive politics of the time.

I totally agree.   I'm curious if this was synchronized to happen prior to Super Tuesday.  :(  

1 minute ago, RollingRock said:

I totally agree.   I'm curious if this was synchronized to happen prior to Super Tuesday.  :(  

I know Warren is holding out hope, but as one of her earliest supporters, I'm thinking it may be time to bail.  Throw your weight behind Bernie, cite the need to take down not just Trump, but the forces that brought us Trump.  I'm very nearly as scared of President Biden, same-old-same-old, more endless wars, just serving the banks and the MIC on and on, as I am of Trump.  

9 minutes ago, splunch said:

I know Warren is holding out hope, but as one of her earliest supporters, I'm thinking it may be time to bail.  Throw your weight behind Bernie, cite the need to take down not just Trump, but the forces that brought us Trump.  I'm very nearly as scared of President Biden, same-old-same-old, more endless wars, just serving the banks and the MIC on and on, as I am of Trump.  

I went to Bernie's rally in Boston Commons this weekend and it was enormous.  I haven't seen that many people in the Commons since the Patriots won their first Super Bowl in 2001.   The websites said 13k to 15k were there, but it looked even bigger.   I was thinking we might get to see BOTH Bernie and Liz Warren, but she was in a different state entirely.  

I fear a President Biden as well.  I don't see him as being a significant improvement.  Of course, he's not Trump.....but still.  Biden is NOT what this country needs right now.  

Warren is not having a great night so far. I’m disappointed that she is trailing Bloomberg in so many states. 

Did her supporters switch to Bernie? 

12 hours ago, Olivaw said:

Warren is not having a great night so far. I’m disappointed that she is trailing Bloomberg in so many states. 

Did her supporters switch to Bernie? 

This cycle, I  preferred Sen Warren over Bernie

It looks like some of her supporters switched to Bernie, and some stayed with her.

It just goes to show that a candidate can say all the right things, and have coherent plans, but if they can't run an effective campaign, it really does not amount to much.

She actually cost Bernie many states last night, and hurt herself even more.

3 hours ago, ExPDXer said:

This cycle, I  preferred Sen Warren over Bernie

It looks like some of her supporters switched to Bernie, and some stayed with her.

It just goes to show that a candidate can say all the right things, and have coherent plans, but if they can't run an effective campaign, it really does not amount to much.

She actually cost Bernie many states last night, and hurt herself even more.

Sen. Warren won many of us over with her intelligence and energy. She came up short on Super Tuesday so it is probably time for her to drop out and make her endorsement.

10 minutes ago, Olivaw said:

Sen. Warren won many of us over with her intelligence and energy. She came up short on Super Tuesday so it is probably time for her to drop out and make her endorsement.

That is sad, I agree.  Liz Warren was one of two whom I trusted to work for those people who society largely ignores.  

Her recent capitulation on the whole super PAC thing I found to be a little troubling.  If you cannot stay in the race without it, then throw it to somebody who can.  It's really important that we not have people in the White House who owe their political survival to bankers.

But she lost bigly, and shockingly so, to my eye.  Maybe it was always a pipe dream that somebody as clear and smart as she is could ever be President.  

Still, she doesn't have to be. Bernie can do it.  And she can do what she can do elsewhere.

On 3/4/2020 at 1:39 PM, splunch said:

Her recent capitulation on the whole super PAC thing I found to be a little troubling.  If you cannot stay in the race without it, then throw it to somebody who can.  It's really important that we not have people in the White House who owe their political survival to bankers.

But she lost bigly, and shockingly so, to my eye.  Maybe it was always a pipe dream that somebody as clear and smart as she is could ever be President.  

Still, she doesn't have to be. Bernie can do it.  And she can do what she can do elsewhere.

Yes, she's still a Senator. Her descriptions of the rigged economy helped to propel the one percent movement a decade ago. It was a lightning bolt that many say faded, but it's still out there and going strong. I know a lot of my friends who are in their mid to late sixties who are fed up with the status quo neoliberalist policies that have hurt and continue to hurt the majority of the people in the US. And Bernie, win or lose, he's moved this country forward. I am certain we will change things going forward, but it is frustrating as heck to lose.

Peace!