progressivecitizen

What's the best poll?

Firstly, which should be avoided because they are biased left or right? Is the Quinnipiac poll legit? I read the IBD/TIPP poll was the only one to predict Trump would win. Is it reliable? I want to know which Dems are beating Trump in polls around the country, but mainly in the swing states.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/pres_general/

I usually go here to check out the polls. 

They run an average of all of the polls collected within a week or 2 weeks. 

There is no one good or reliable poll the only way your going to find the best results is to average out all of the polls conducted. 

So I would say give Real Clear Politics a try they are normally pretty reliable.

On 2/27/2020 at 7:34 AM, zkyllonen8 said:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/pres_general/

I usually go here to check out the polls. 

They run an average of all of the polls collected within a week or 2 weeks. 

There is no one good or reliable poll the only way your going to find the best results is to average out all of the polls conducted. 

So I would say give Real Clear Politics a try they are normally pretty reliable.

Right. But I read they lean conservative.

RealClearPolitics.com and FiveThirtyEight.com do a good job of averaging polls with appropriate weighting. 

2016 was an anomaly but the polls were not completely wrong. Pundits misinterpreted them and we all went along for the ride. 

polls are strange, especially when there's too much time in between the big primary states where stuff counts. I answered to a poll by phone last week. They asked who I supported, and then an open question as to why - which I thought was unique. Then, they asked why I thought Trump needs to lose. Another open question. I was caught off guard to that one because it was in the evening after work, and and - there are just so many reasons. He's a liar, a crook, incompetent, the Russian strangeness, the attempted Ukraine bribe, tax cuts for the rich, etc...

These are unique questions for a poll. 

Then, they asked me to rank my primary choices from 1 - 5 with 5 being my most favorable candidate and 1 being my least. 

I chose my strongest candidates in this order, Warren, Sanders, Klobuchar, Steyer, Binden, Buttigieg, and lastly Bloomberg.

The woman on the phone then said, thank you for taking this poll that was sponsored by the Bloomberg Campaign. BTW, I live in California. I have rec'd a lot of mail promoting Bloomberg and there are a ton of Bloomberg adds on television where I live.

What does it mean? Not much, but I thought it was a different kind of poll. I've never contributed to one like that before. I thought, well at least they are trying to find out the truth. 

Peace!