Jump to content

Trump has flipped the 9th Circuit


Recommended Posts

A primary reason for his election.....c'mon Mitch, keep em' coming!

 

 

Trump has flipped the 9th Circuit

When President Trump ticks off his accomplishments since taking office, he frequently mentions his aggressive makeover of a key sector of the federal judiciary — the circuit courts of appeal, where he has appointed 51 judges to lifetime jobs in three years.

 

In few places has the effect been felt more powerfully than in the sprawling 9th Circuit, which covers California and eight other states. Because of Trump's success in filling vacancies, the San Francisco-based circuit, long dominated by Democratic appointees, has suddenly shifted to the right, with an even more pronounced tilt expected in the years ahead.

 

Trump has now named 10 judges to the 9th Circuit — more than one-third of its active judges.

Democratic appointees still make up the majority of active judges — 16 to 13. But the court also has judges on "senior status" who continue to sit on panels that decide cases.

Of the senior judges who will be deciding cases on "merits" panels — reading briefs and issuing rulings — 10 are Republicans and only three are Democratic appointees.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-has-flipped-the-9th-circuit-—-and-some-new-judges-are-causing-a-shock-wave/ar-BB10gUTy?ocid=spartandhp

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bout fuking time... Now what we need is a supreme Court decision prohibiting these activists lowlife leftist judges from imposing their decisions even temporary injunctions from being imposed on the entire nation instead of the district they're from.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

A primary reason for his election.....c'mon Mitch, keep em' coming!

 

 

Trump has flipped the 9th Circuit

When President Trump ticks off his accomplishments since taking office, he frequently mentions his aggressive makeover of a key sector of the federal judiciary — the circuit courts of appeal, where he has appointed 51 judges to lifetime jobs in three years.

 

In few places has the effect been felt more powerfully than in the sprawling 9th Circuit, which covers California and eight other states. Because of Trump's success in filling vacancies, the San Francisco-based circuit, long dominated by Democratic appointees, has suddenly shifted to the right, with an even more pronounced tilt expected in the years ahead.

 

Trump has now named 10 judges to the 9th Circuit — more than one-third of its active judges.

Democratic appointees still make up the majority of active judges — 16 to 13. But the court also has judges on "senior status" who continue to sit on panels that decide cases.

Of the senior judges who will be deciding cases on "merits" panels — reading briefs and issuing rulings — 10 are Republicans and only three are Democratic appointees.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-has-flipped-the-9th-circuit-—-and-some-new-judges-are-causing-a-shock-wave/ar-BB10gUTy?ocid=spartandhp

 

 

Mt+Rushmore+Trump.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you let textualism and originalism prevail, the political preferences of judges won't matter. It's almost ALWAYS liberal judges who try to stray from strictly interpreting the law, and try to rewrite or change the law. This is why it's liberals who are so angered by having "conservative" judges on the court--they think judges should determine what the law says. That is congress's job, not the job of unelected judges. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, kking said:

If you let textualism and originalism prevail, the political preferences of judges won't matter. It's almost ALWAYS liberal judges who try to stray from strictly interpreting the law, and try to rewrite or change the law. This is why it's liberals who are so angered by having "conservative" judges on the court--they think judges should determine what the law says. That is congress's job, not the job of unelected judges. 

 

 

Spot on....

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Be careful what you wish for. Conservative judges can often rule on the letter of the law and not always what whacko right wingers think is right. If you rat fvcks think these judges will uphold some republican swine bill that allows states to kill gay people on sight, you will be sadly mistaken.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JeanMoulin said:

Be careful what you wish for. Conservative judges can often rule on the letter of the law and not always what whacko right wingers think is right. If you rat fvcks think these judges will uphold some republican swine bill that allows states to kill gay people on sight, you will be sadly mistaken.

That's where we're different from you folks, the vast majority on the right want rulings based on law - not activist judge rulings based on feelings or their personal politics.

 

Bye bye 9th Circuit...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

That's where we're different from you folks, the vast majority on the right want rulings based on law - not activist judge rulings based on feelings or their personal politics.

 

Bye bye 9th Circuit...

Conservative judges are just that, conservative. THE PIG is not a conservative. He his an oligarch. In most cases conservative judges do not side with oligarchs. Our constitution does not favor oligarchs. You may be very disappointed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, JeanMoulin said:

Conservative judges are just that, conservative. THE PIG is not a conservative. He his an oligarch. In most cases conservative judges do not side with oligarchs. Our constitution does not favor oligarchs. You may be very disappointed.

This is irrelevant. If we all accept that the rule of law is the foundation of our society, then the LEGISLATORS are who are responsible for passing law. It's an almost universally left-wing movement to even entertain the notion of judges changes laws.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JeanMoulin said:

Conservative judges are just that, conservative. THE PIG is not a conservative. He his an oligarch. In most cases conservative judges do not side with oligarchs. Our constitution does not favor oligarchs. You may be very disappointed.

Thank you, Trump is most definitely not Conservative.

 

That being said, Conservative judges tend to stick to the law / Constitution as they're written. I'm fond of the Constitution, so I'll take my chances on any Conservative judge any day of the week over an activist leftist "judge"....

 

I'm thrilled with the appointments, and look forward to many more to move the bar towards respecting and enforcing the Constitution.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...