Clint Eastwood on 2020 Election: ‘Just Get Mike Bloomberg in There’

Longtime Hollywood Republican distances himself from President Donald Trump

Longtime Hollywood Republican Clint Eastwood signaled that he does not support President Donald Trump’s re-election.

“The best thing we could do is just get Mike Bloomberg in there,” Eastwood told the Wall Street Journal in a wide-ranging interview published Friday.

Eastwood, a rare conservative voice in the film world who memorably spoke at the 2012 GOP convention, offered praise for “certain things that Trump’s done” but urged the president to behave “in a more genteel way, without tweeting and calling people names. I would personally like for him to not bring himself to that level.”

He also expressed disappointment in the overall climate heading into the 2020 election. “The politics has gotten so ornery,” he said.

5 hours ago, king of the county said:

Oh man Eastwood talking to the empty chair at the convention hilarious 

It got horrible reviews.

The idea of badmouthing an empty chair was just idiotic and the script sucked. Eastwood is a great actor, but that was the lowest point of his career.

1 hour ago, benson13 said:

Eastwood is a jerk....but it goes to show you, even these rightwing AHs are tired of the POS in the WH

look at Foxaganda for Idiots for another example

I know the man. He is not a jerk. He's actually a very stand up guy. We don't see eye to eye politically, but he's definitely not a jerk.

Bill

5 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Eastwood is a good actor and a decent director. But his political views are simplistic.

Do you know him? Or are you just pulling shit out of your ass?

Clint is anything but "simplistic."

Why do you feel the need to pop off on subjects where you are utterly ignorant?

Bill

14 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

Do you know him? Or are you just pulling crap out of your ass?

Clint is anything but "simplistic."

Why do you feel the need to pop off on subjects where you are utterly ignorant?

Bill

I did not say HE was simplistic, I said his political views, specifically the ones in which he debated an empty chair were simplistic.

Obama was NOT INVITED to sit in the chair, the whole thing was a dumb stunt.

Note that Obama was reelected, and apparently the debate-an-empty-chair stunt was unsuccessful to accomplish its purpose.

Would YOU debate an empty chair on TV? I know I would not.

3 hours ago, SpyCar said:

I know the man. He is not a jerk. He's actually a very stand up guy. We don't see eye to eye politically, but he's definitely not a jerk.

Bill

My father in law lives in Carmel, and while visiting him, I have meet Eastwood personally at an art showing. Yes, he's a decent person, But, he's a republican. I have no problem with that, but when he did the empty Obama chair, that little stunt turned me completely off. If he is a true conservative, he should have never pulled something like that off. He has lost my trust.

Poor schitstain.

He actually THINKS that Eastwood is wanting to elect Doomberg as his PRESIDENT!!!

What he is saying is that he HOPES that the DHUMOCRAPS are STUPID ENOUGH to nominate Doomberg, since the MASSIVE ASS KICKING will be, well, MASSIVELY FUN!!!

Besides, Doomberg has completely DESTROYED all chances of EVER getting elected to anything ever again.

afb022020dAPR20200220064513.jpg

3 hours ago, JeanMoulin said:

My father in law lives in Carmel, and while visiting him, I have meet Eastwood personally at an art showing. Yes, he's a decent person, But, he's a republican. I have no problem with that, but when he did the empty Obama chair, that little stunt turned me completely off. If he is a true conservative, he should have never pulled something like that off. He has lost my trust.

Clint is an odd mix. Conservative in some ways (mostly fiscal) and liberal in other ways (mostly social). Not precisely a libertarian, but leaning in that direction.

I did not like the "talking to the chair" bit myself (as someone who respects Barack Obama), but my point was--despite not having the same politics--that Eastwood is not a "jerk."

There are many jerks in Hollywood, Clint is not one of them.

Bill