Censorship at the Daily Kos

I’m an innovative genius. I submitted a good idea on Daily Kos, a well known leftist Democratic site.

Matt Damon Must Run for President
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/2/7/1917580/-Matt-Damon-Must-Run-for-President

My logic was derived from sabermetrics with Wins Above Replacement being the key metric. I basically said that if the Democratic Party did not apply that single primary metric in searching for a Presidential candidate we were doomed. The best possibility I could think of was Matt Damon. Pretty neat I thought.

I published a short second blog, “Please sign my MoveOn petition: Matt Damon Must Run for President.” It seemed self-explanatory and logically an extension of the first.

I was immediately blackballed from Daily Kos.  I still had an ID but I couldn’t publish any more diaries or comment or reply to blogs. No one told me I was blackballed. I just couldn’t do anything. That seemed strange to me.  Then I tried to find someone to ask why I’d been blackballed and redress my grievances. Nowhere even a set of guidelines, general or otherwise. That seemed stranger to me.

A friend of mine, another member of Daily Kos, then published a blog called Censorship is Rife at the Daily Kos. The title is self-explanatory. Immediately she was blackballed from the Daily Kos.

A third friend and member of Daily Kos then submitted a blog, “My response to being blackballed for suggesting Matt Damon should be our Presidential candidate.” As you might guess, she was blackballed.

Considering the times this isn’t so strange but it feels weird, the ironies piling up so quickly on each other. Somewhere deep inside the left and progressive movements it offends multiple sets of values to absurdity beyond reconciliation.

The replying comments sorted themselves out roughly 40% outright trolls, 40% anti but not virulently, 15% had absolutely no clue what the blog said and didn’t care, (true actually also for the 80% negatives) and the remaining 5%.

It’s not pretty but it’s interesting. You have to read them to catch their cadence. Thousands of studies analyze the standard mob behaviors.

I’m here for a reality check. I would be grateful if someone would read the blogs and comments and tell me if I’m insane or are they or possibly both.

My Gratitude in Advance,

A. E. Stevenson (that’s a pseudonym)

8 hours ago, AdalaiEStevenson said:

I’m an innovative genius. I submitted a good idea on Daily Kos, a well known leftist Democratic site.

Matt Damon Must Run for President
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/2/7/1917580/-Matt-Damon-Must-Run-for-President

My logic was derived from sabermetrics with Wins Above Replacement being the key metric. I basically said that if the Democratic Party did not apply that single primary metric in searching for a Presidential candidate we were doomed. The best possibility I could think of was Matt Damon. Pretty neat I thought.

I published a short second blog, “Please sign my MoveOn petition: Matt Damon Must Run for President.” It seemed self-explanatory and logically an extension of the first.

I was immediately blackballed from Daily Kos.  I still had an ID but I couldn’t publish any more diaries or comment or reply to blogs. No one told me I was blackballed. I just couldn’t do anything. That seemed strange to me.  Then I tried to find someone to ask why I’d been blackballed and redress my grievances. Nowhere even a set of guidelines, general or otherwise. That seemed stranger to me.

A friend of mine, another member of Daily Kos, then published a blog called Censorship is Rife at the Daily Kos. The title is self-explanatory. Immediately she was blackballed from the Daily Kos.

A third friend and member of Daily Kos then submitted a blog, “My response to being blackballed for suggesting Matt Damon should be our Presidential candidate.” As you might guess, she was blackballed.

Considering the times this isn’t so strange but it feels weird, the ironies piling up so quickly on each other. Somewhere deep inside the left and progressive movements it offends multiple sets of values to absurdity beyond reconciliation.

The replying comments sorted themselves out roughly 40% outright trolls, 40% anti but not virulently, 15% had absolutely no clue what the blog said and didn’t care, (true actually also for the 80% negatives) and the remaining 5%.

It’s not pretty but it’s interesting. You have to read them to catch their cadence. Thousands of studies analyze the standard mob behaviors.

I’m here for a reality check. I would be grateful if someone would read the blogs and comments and tell me if I’m insane or are they or possibly both.

My Gratitude in Advance,

A. E. Stevenson (that’s a pseudonym)

Looks like you've achieved boredom.

Seems like a perfect fit for the Daily Dose.