Sign in to follow this  
bludog

Last Night, Elizabeth Warren Showed Why She Is THE Best Candidate To Take On Trump And Prevail

Clearly, Elizabeth Warren is THE best candidate to take on Trump and prevail. 

She has now found her natural voice.  Last night, we saw the Warren who made Wall Street executives wilt at Senate hearings and became a feminist icon on the left for refusing to stop speaking when Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) tried to silence her. ... It’s the Elizabeth Warren who promised to leave “plenty of blood and teeth on the floor” fighting for a tough Wall Street reform bill.  Last night Warren showed why she makes billionaires cry. She’s smart and she’s a fighter.  After a period of quiescense, her stock is now set to rise again.

At this point, I'm fine with her or Sanders.  I need somebody who will pull us back from the right-wing cliff, and not just pay some BS lip service to it while continuing to service the corporations in the back room.  I know some people just don't like Warren, and that's okay.  I don't know if she's super likable.  But I want that influence, and she's obviously very smart and open to exploring different solutions to difficult problems.  Neither one of them can do anything really by themselves, and as long as Mitch McConnell has a stranglehold on the Senate we'll get nothing but obstruction to protect the Big Lobby interests.  But either one is a fine start, as far as I'm concerned.

I actually thought Warren would do better than Sanders because she doesn't have the Hillary baggage hanging around her neck like Bernie does.  (Some Hillary supporters despise Bernie for speaking the truth in 2016...sucks but it's true.)  But Sanders does have a consistently stronger presence, and I guess that's been winning people over.  

If Warren is really going to step up and be the "blood and teeth" Warren, then yes, maybe she can climb back into this.  

I'm happy sending them both money anyway.  The primary is meaningless where I live, so donations are my only voice in the DNC primary.  

2 hours ago, splunch said:

Neither one of them can do anything really by themselves, and as long as Mitch McConnell has a stranglehold on the Senate we'll get nothing but obstruction to protect the Big Lobby interests. 

Yes.  As long as McConnell remains Senate majority leader, none of the ideals or policies the Democratic candidates are pushing now will be accomplished.

So far, I've contributed to, from most to least:  Warren, Sanders, Yang.

8 hours ago, bludog said:

Yes.  As long as McConnell remains Senate majority leader, none of the ideals or policies the Democratic candidates are pushing now will be accomplished.

So far, I've contributed to, from most to least:  Warren, Sanders, Yang.

People need to realize that we are facing two very big tests in 2020

1. Winning back the White House 

2. Winning back the Senate. 

We need support in both houses of congress to be able to get anything done. We all have these very expansive ideas but we are not going to be able to get anything passed if Moscow Mitch is still the Majority Leader. Just wait for the bigger blue wave in 2020, its going to make 2018 look like a joke. I cannot wait to be able to participate in my first election ever, I hope the Democrats nominate someone that can actually beat Trump and not pull a repeat of 2016 (Bloomberg or Biden). Democrats at the National Level need to realize that we need someone that is willing to fight for the Middle Class and not just the ones on top. Please DNC allow for the nomination of Bernie or Warren.