Comifornia will no longer...

rick55

Specifically, the California Vehicle Code Section 12500(a) states: “A person may not drive a motor vehicle . . . unless the person then holds a valid driver’s license issued under this code, except those persons who are expressly exempted under this code.” Importantly, the driver’s license does not have to be issued by the state of California, so long as the license is valid for the type of vehicle being driven.

12 hours ago, slideman said:

Please link to that law

Good AM,

This is curious. It was reported yesterday on OANN that it happened. I looked online for a link yesterday and only found a link that said CA was considering passing such a law. This morning, I looked again and could not find that link. Either OANN misreported it, or it just isn't in the forefront yet. Time will tell.

12 hours ago, Squatchman said:

There is the problem.

Fake news.

The CA MVD person I spoke to said they had not been notified of such a law. The report on OANN could have been the result of a convincing online ruse that they picked up on just as the link I found that said CA was considering such a law could have been a ruse. On the other hand, the more I think about it, such a law would be more relevant to law enforcement than to the MVD, and it was not reported to them. There is another reason they may not know about it yet: it has yet to take effect. I wait with interest.

My reservation is because I don't put anything past the state of CA.

2 hours ago, rick55 said:

The CA MVD person I spoke to said they had not been notified of such a law. The report on OANN could have been the result of a convincing online ruse that they picked up on just as the link I found that said CA was considering such a law could have been a ruse. On the other hand, the more I think about it, such a law would be more relevant to law enforcement than to the MVD, and it was not reported to them. There is another reason they may not know about it yet: it has yet to take effect. I wait with interest.

My reservation is because I don't put anything past the state of CA.

You're just another right-wing idiot

On 2/19/2020 at 7:38 PM, dontlooknow said:

Sounds like faux news station is at it again. Pizza gate. 

dontlooknow 

111,015 posts

And yes I lied about a lot.

3 hours ago, slideman said:

You're just another right-wing idiot

My alcoholism is costing me a small fortune.

So I am moving to Cali and I am going to become a professional shoplifter.  At various liquor stores.

No jail time for shoplifters..... if the stolen items are under $950.     Isn't Cali......just wonderful?              🍹

On 2/19/2020 at 5:45 PM, impartialobserver said:

"California police can’t search inside a suspect’s vehicle for identification if the driver refuses to produce a license and registration on demand, the state Supreme Court ruled Nov. 25 in a case of first impression."

I didn't read the whole thing...

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/us-law-week/california-cops-barred-from-warrantless-vehicle-searches-for-id

On 2/19/2020 at 7:38 PM, dontlooknow said:

Sounds like faux news station is at it again. Pizza gate. 

I wanna see the Pee Tape...do you know when will it be released ?

Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-OR) said that "something close" to the long-rumored “pee tape” exists, saying ''it's likely Putin has something on President Trump."

(If your not get'n the subliminal message about absurdity, repetitiveness and obsession please PM me and I will explain it in simple terms.)