As Trump Claims to Be Law of the Land, Barr’s Irritation Builds

Defying Mr. Barr’s pleas, the president renewed his public attacks on law enforcement on Tuesday, denouncing the prosecutors, judge and jury forewoman in the case of his longtime friend Roger J. Stone Jr. and defending his convicted former adviser Michael T. Flynn against Mr. Trump’s own Justice Department.

Explicitly rebuffed, Mr. Barr was left by the end of the day to consider his own future. He expressed dissatisfaction to associates and his irritation soon fed news reports that he was considering resignation if the president continued to publicly weigh in on individual prosecutions of his own associates.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/18/us/roger-stone-sentencing.html

Post-impeachment, Trump declares himself the ‘chief law enforcement officer’ of America

The president’s post-impeachment behavior has alarmed Attorney General William P. Barr, who has told people close to the president that he is willing to quit unless Trump stops publicly commenting on ongoing criminal matters, according to two administration officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal deliberations. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/post-impeachment-trump-declares-himself-the-chief-law-enforcement-officer-of-america/2020/02/18/b8ff49c0-5290-11ea-b119-4faabac6674f_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_trumplaw-945pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory-ans

1 minute ago, NeoConvict said:

Barr's not going anywhere. If he is replaced you will get someone with a hardon for Trump's "conspiracy theories".

I agree. FAT BASTARD BARR isn't going away. This is nothing more then political theatrics. That pig will hang on for dear life. He was promised a scotus seat for his role in covering up THE PIG's crimes, just like he has done for past presidents, and he wants that seat bad.

1 hour ago, leftwinger said:

Post-impeachment, Trump declares himself the ‘chief law enforcement officer’ of America

The president’s post-impeachment behavior has alarmed Attorney General William P. Barr, who has told people close to the president that he is willing to quit unless Trump stops publicly commenting on ongoing criminal matters, according to two administration officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal deliberations. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/post-impeachment-trump-declares-himself-the-chief-law-enforcement-officer-of-america/2020/02/18/b8ff49c0-5290-11ea-b119-4faabac6674f_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_trumplaw-945pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory-ans

Twist in the wind, Barr, you fat, corrupt traitorous toady.

1 hour ago, JeanMoulin said:

I agree. FAT BASTARD BARR isn't going away. This is nothing more then political theatrics. That pig will hang on for dear life. He was promised a scotus seat for his role in covering up THE PIG's crimes, just like he has done for past presidents, and he wants that seat bad.

Yep.  He is just trying to do damage control - to put meaningless comments out there that he can; point to later and say "See? I didn't like it EITHER!"

1 hour ago, leftwinger said:

Defying Mr. Barr’s pleas, the president renewed his public attacks on law enforcement on Tuesday, denouncing the prosecutors, judge and jury forewoman in the case of his longtime friend Roger J. Stone Jr. and defending his convicted former adviser Michael T. Flynn against Mr. Trump’s own Justice Department.

Explicitly rebuffed, Mr. Barr was left by the end of the day to consider his own future. He expressed dissatisfaction to associates and his irritation soon fed news reports that he was considering resignation if the president continued to publicly weigh in on individual prosecutions of his own associates.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/18/us/roger-stone-sentencing.html

I didn't see this thread. I posted a similar thread that Barr may quit because of Trump Tweets. 

3 minutes ago, DemoMan said:

Yep.  He is just trying to do damage control - to put meaningless comments out there that he can; point to later and say "See? I didn't like it EITHER!"

Looks like you figured it out, unlike so many others. It's the old good cop, bad cop routine. They think we're stupid.

WASHINGTON — Ignoring appeals from his attorney general to stop tweeting about the Justice Department, President Trump on Wednesday renewed his attacks on the agency, demanding “JUSTICE” for himself and all future presidents.

2 hours ago, JeanMoulin said:

I see this as a distinct possibility. But Barr was born in 1950, so he is already 70 years old, and Trump's Heritage Foundation advisors want YOUNG judges that will stay on the SC for 50 years or more.

1 minute ago, XavierOnassis said:

I see this as a distinct possibility. But Barr was born in 1950, so he is already 70 years old, and Trump's Heritage Foundation advisors want YOUNG judges that will stay on the SC for 50 years or more.

How much damage could he do in just a few years? Plenty.

Just now, JeanMoulin said:

How much damage could he do in just a few years? Plenty.

True, but there are 35 crypto fascist judges that he could appoint that could do many times more damage.

The Heritage Foundation is calling the shots, nonetheless. But Trump is fickle and not a great thinker.