Jump to content

Boy Scouts of America files for bankruptcy amid wave of sexual assault lawsuits


Recommended Posts

Meanwhile, over the past decade, lawsuits and media investigations have revealed internal Boy Scouts documents detailing generations of alleged abusers accused of preying on Scouts. Amid other high-profile child abuse scandals and the #MeToo movement, several states and the District of Columbia have overhauled their statute-of-limitations laws concerning child sexual abuse, opening the door to scores of potential lawsuits against the Boy Scouts.

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2020/02/18/boy-scouts-bankruptcy/?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_boyscouts-1255am%3Ahomepage%2Fstory-ans

 

Boys Scouts. Catholic Church. Sex criminals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, leftwinger said:

 

You are a disgusting lying piece of shiit.

 

The Dem Tribe loves queers.

The Dem Tribe loves Nambla.

The Dem Tribe loves sodomy.

The Dem Tribe loves gay fallatio.

The Dem Tribe loves 'Beavis and Butthead' for president.             ☠️

 

The GOP Tribe thinks all this queer stuff...……..is sexual

perversion that comes from a sick, twisted mind.                   

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

NAMBLA, NEA, Boys Scouts. Catholic Church. Sex criminals.

 

The problem is - that the Leftists have given them hunting licenses.

Think of it as the lunacy of legalizing drunk-driving - but outlawing automobile accidents.


NAMBLA/NEA/BSA/Roman Catholic Church.

Fire is old.

The Civil Society needs to use it more often.
 
 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

Meanwhile, over the past decade, lawsuits and media investigations have revealed internal Boy Scouts documents detailing generations of alleged abusers accused of preying on Scouts. Amid other high-profile child abuse scandals and the #MeToo movement, several states and the District of Columbia have overhauled their statute-of-limitations laws concerning child sexual abuse, opening the door to scores of potential lawsuits against the Boy Scouts.

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2020/02/18/boy-scouts-bankruptcy/?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_boyscouts-1255am%3Ahomepage%2Fstory-ans

 

Boys Scouts. Catholic Church. Sex criminals.

It is how intellectuals shut down organizations they want gone, create lawsuits with their people inside the system creating the havoc to setup the lawsuits to begin with. They have the prosecutors waiting in the legal system.  Ever listen to a Morgan and Morgan advertisement for injury law firm.  they hire instusance lawyers to know the inside out of the business. That firm campaigned and invested for legal marijuana laws, they are all about bring the original concept of America to the ground.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Blue Devil said:

 

The problem is - that the Leftists have given them hunting licenses.

Think of it as the lunacy of legalizing drunk-driving - but outlawing automobile accidents.


NAMBLA/NEA/BSA/Roman Catholic Church.

Fire is old.

The Civil Society needs to use it more often.
 
 

 

"Never settle with words...…..what you can

accomplish with a Flamethrower".

                                                                    U.S. Marine Corps.

                                                                    World War II                                                          

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A direct result of the "leadership" of Robert Gates and not learning from their mistakes.

 

Over 90% of the "sexual assault" claims are allegations of things that happened at least 30 years ago.  Many of the "accused" are deceased and cannot defend themselves.  The organization is taking the approach that all claims are valid (even though at this point, many feel the majority are baseless).  This filing is to establish a firm date by which all claims need to be filed with the court, minimize the portion of the settlements that goes to the ambulance chasers and establish a fund that will compensate the victims. 

 

FYI...98% of all assault claims filed have been from the time before BSA developed their youth protection program (which is now among the best) and an independent review (not funded by or affiliated in any way with BSA) of claims found no evidence of an attempted cover-up, just a lack of a protection program at the time of the incidents.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BatteryPowered said:

A direct result of the "leadership" of Robert Gates and not learning from their mistakes.

 

Over 90% of the "sexual assault" claims are allegations of things that happened at least 30 years ago.  Many of the "accused" are deceased and cannot defend themselves.  The organization is taking the approach that all claims are valid (even though at this point, many feel the majority are baseless).  This filing is to establish a firm date by which all claims need to be filed with the court, minimize the portion of the settlements that goes to the ambulance chasers and establish a fund that will compensate the victims. 

 

FYI...98% of all assault claims filed have been from the time before BSA developed their youth protection program (which is now among the best) and an independent review (not funded by or affiliated in any way with BSA) of claims found no evidence of an attempted cover-up, just a lack of a protection program at the time of the incidents.

 

 

that's nice

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

Anything that involves young boys and grown men in matching uniforms screams for this kind of behavior. Is anyone shocked really ? 

 

A few "technical" corrections;

 

The uniforms are similar...but not an actual match (the differences are subtle...you wouldn't notice them if you aren't involve).

Not all Scouting leaders are male.

Not all "leaders" who have been accused are male.

 

By the way, if young boys and grown men dressing similarly is a recipe for abuse...every youth sports league should be avoided like the plague.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

Anything that involves young boys and grown men in matching uniforms screams for this kind of behavior. Is anyone shocked really ? 

 

Don't seem to have any problems like that in the hunting camps.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just another illustration that you can't judge a book by its cover.  They profess their citizenship, their duty to god and country, they stand up and always say the pledge of allegiance sincerely and proudly, they help old people with groceries...obviously they're definitely the good guys.

 

Oh, and also, they molest children.

 

Nothing to see here...

 

It seems obvious to me that the harder a given group tries to lock everything down, to wear their Goodness on their sleeve and be sure the rest of us know what great folks they are, the more pathological distortions are going on beneath the surface.  Boy Scouts ,priests and ministers, politicians, activists, whatever.  Think Rush Limbaugh pronouncing that white collar drug addicts should go to prison...as he's addicted to drugs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, splunch said:

Just another illustration that you can't judge a book by its cover.  They profess their citizenship, their duty to god and country, they stand up and always say the pledge of allegiance sincerely and proudly, they help old people with groceries...obviously they're definitely the good guys.

 

Oh, and also, they molest children.

 

Nothing to see here...

 

It seems obvious to me that the harder a given group tries to lock everything down, to wear their Goodness on their sleeve and be sure the rest of us know what great folks they are, the more pathological distortions are going on beneath the surface.  Boy Scouts ,priests and ministers, politicians, activists, whatever.  Think Rush Limbaugh pronouncing that white collar drug addicts should go to prison...as he's addicted to drugs.

 

Agree with what you said.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...