Sign in to follow this  
drvoke

Boy Scouts file for bankruptcy due to sex-abuse lawsuits

Image result for Boy Scouts file for bankruptcy due to sex-abuse lawsuits

I have a first cousin who attained the rank of Eagle Scout. He is also a devout Catholic, and as a child was an altar boy. He is a homosexual. A coincidence? I suspect not.  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/boy-scouts-file-for-bankruptcy-due-to-sex-abuse-lawsuits/ar-BB106MSK?ocid=spartanntp

(Full article at above link)

Barraged by hundreds of sex-abuse lawsuits, the Boy Scouts of America filed for bankruptcy protection Tuesday in hopes of working out a potentially mammoth victim compensation plan that will allow the hallowed, 110-year-old organization to carry on.

The Chapter 11 filing in federal bankruptcy court in Wilmington, Delaware, sets in motion what could be one of the biggest, most complex bankruptcies ever seen. Scores of lawyers are seeking settlements on behalf of several thousand men who say they were molested as scouts by scoutmasters or other leaders decades ago but are only now eligible to sue because of recent changes in their states’ statute-of-limitations laws.

By going to bankruptcy court, the Scouts can put those lawsuits on hold for now. But ultimately they could be forced to sell off some of their vast property holdings, including campgrounds and hiking trails, to raise money for a compensation fund that could surpass a billion dollars.

The Boy Scouts are just the latest major American institution to face a heavy price over sexual abuse. Roman Catholic dioceses across the country and schools such as Penn State and Michigan State have paid out hundreds of millions of dollars in recent years.

The bankruptcy represents a painful turn for an organization that has been a pillar of American civic life for generations and a training ground for future leaders. Achieving the rank of Eagle Scout has long been a proud accomplishment that politicians, business leaders, astronauts and others put on their resumes and in their official biographies.

The Boy Scouts’ finances have been strained in recent years by declining membership and sex-abuse settlements.

The number of youths taking part in scouting has dropped below 2 million, down from more than 4 million in peak years of the 1970s.

Founded in 1910, the Boy Scouts have kept confidential files since the 1920s listing staff and volunteers implicated in sexual abuse, for the avowed purpose of keeping predators away from youth. According to a court deposition, the files as of January listed 7,819 suspected abusers and 12,254 victims.

Until last spring, the organization had insisted it never knowingly allowed a predator to work with youths. But in May, The Associated Press reported that attorneys for abuse victims had identified multiple cases in which known predators were allowed to return to leadership posts. The next day, Boy Scouts chief executive Mike Surbaugh wrote to a congressional committee, acknowledging the group's previous claim was untrue. Regarding the bankruptcy, he said, “It is a shame because at its core and what it was supposed to be, the Boy Scouts is a beautiful organization.”

Image result for Boy Scouts cartoon

2 hours ago, drvoke said:

I have a first cousin who attained the rank of Eagle Scout. He is also a devout Catholic, and as a child was an altar boy. He is a homosexual. A coincidence? I suspect not.  

Help me out here drjoke...what does your cousin being a Scout / Altar Boy homo have to with the Boy Scouts filing for bankruptcy.

As girls arrive, Boy Scouts change name of flagship program

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/05/02/boy-scouts-of-america-changing-name/

Fags are attracted to Boy Scouts like robbers are to banks....maybe you can figure it out one day.

• Like 1

Go figure, the Demonrats destroyed another American tradition.ASSHOLES!

1 hour ago, 123urout said:

Go figure, the Demonrats destroyed another American tradition.ASSHOLES!

The downward spiral toward bankruptcy can be directly traced to the "leadership" of Robert Gates and the inability of the organization to learn from their mistakes.

Why all great traditions are being destroyed in America? I believe that this thing was almost saint and deserved to exist forever, authorities didn't think so, though. Why didn't they hire a professional lawyer or even a couple of them? Bankruptcy is  commonly occurring thing. Furthermore, a lot of Americans encounter bankruptcy on their way, so had I a couple of years ago. However, I was nearly bankrupted but decided to find some options to try(to tell you the truth, I didn't have anything to lose anymore, so why not...) Having lived in San Diego I managed to discover https://www.blclawcenter.com. This highly qualified bankruptcy attorney makes your dreams come true, I'm serious. In the very beginning they offer free analysis of your legal options, so that you can meet with a professional lawyer who is willing to help you. Owing to these guys, my small, but profitable firm continued its existing as well as my business plans.

On 2/18/2020 at 6:04 AM, harryramar said:

it's Obama's fault that so many repubs are child molesters

You're are blinded by hate and your own bigotry.

On 2/18/2020 at 2:58 AM, drvoke said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/boy-scouts-file-for-bankruptcy-due-to-sex-abuse-lawsuits/ar-BB106MSK?ocid=spartanntp

Barraged by hundreds of sex-abuse lawsuits, the Boy Scouts of America filed for bankruptcy protection Tuesday in hopes of working out a potentially mammoth victim compensation plan that will allow the hallowed, 110-year-old organization to carry on.

The Chapter 11 filing in federal bankruptcy court in Wilmington, Delaware, sets in motion what could be one of the biggest, most complex bankruptcies ever seen. Scores of lawyers are seeking settlements on behalf of several thousand men who say they were molested as scouts by scoutmasters or other leaders decades ago but are only now eligible to sue because of recent changes in their states’ statute-of-limitations laws.

By going to bankruptcy court, the Scouts can put those lawsuits on hold for now. But ultimately they could be forced to sell off some of their vast property holdings, including campgrounds and hiking trails, to raise money for a compensation fund that could surpass a billion dollars.

The Boy Scouts are just the latest major American institution to face a heavy price over sexual abuse. Roman Catholic dioceses across the country and schools such as Penn State and Michigan State have paid out hundreds of millions of dollars in recent years.

The bankruptcy represents a painful turn for an organization that has been a pillar of American civic life for generations and a training ground for future leaders. Achieving the rank of Eagle Scout has long been a proud accomplishment that politicians, business leaders, astronauts and others put on their resumes and in their official biographies.

The Boy Scouts’ finances have been strained in recent years by declining membership and sex-abuse settlements.

The number of youths taking part in scouting has dropped below 2 million, down from more than 4 million in peak years of the 1970s.

Founded in 1910, the Boy Scouts have kept confidential files since the 1920s listing staff and volunteers implicated in sexual abuse, for the avowed purpose of keeping predators away from youth. According to a court deposition, the files as of January listed 7,819 suspected abusers and 12,254 victims.

Until last spring, the organization had insisted it never knowingly allowed a predator to work with youths. But in May, The Associated Press reported that attorneys for abuse victims had identified multiple cases in which known predators were allowed to return to leadership posts. The next day, Boy Scouts chief executive Mike Surbaugh wrote to a congressional committee, acknowledging the group's previous claim was untrue. Regarding the bankruptcy, he said, “It is a shame because at its core and what it was supposed to be, the Boy Scouts is a beautiful organization.”

Introduce him to pussy 

Demand faggots be scout leaders.

Surprised boys get molested by them.

On 2/18/2020 at 5:31 AM, Old Mack said:

Help me out here drjoke...what does your cousin being a Scout / Altar Boy homo have to with the Boy Scouts filing for bankruptcy.

As girls arrive, Boy Scouts change name of flagship program

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/05/02/boy-scouts-of-america-changing-name/

They are both bankrupt. The Boy Scouts economically, my cousin morally.

3 hours ago, king of the county said:

Introduce him to pussy 

He wants no part of that.

3 hours ago, king of the county said:

Introduce him to pussy 

The old slippery slope.

Just now, king of the county said:

Why not?

He prefers dick for some reason. How the hell should I know? I'm straight.

10 minutes ago, drvoke said:

Get him a taste of the juice from vayjay

21 minutes ago, drvoke said:

You don't post that way.

On 2/18/2020 at 12:58 AM, drvoke said:

Yep...the left joined the boy scouts.

58 minutes ago, RebelGator said:

You don't post that way.

Astonishing acts of courage at the Michigan Protests. - Album on Imgur

ok, tough guy.

1 hour ago, drvoke said:

Better watch it...if you keep it up; you might get shunned by the ultraliberal community at large.

You know...the ultraliberal people who think killing babies is a normal (and a beautiful) thing and yet the see nothing weird about a man sticking his penis in another mans anus.

people-of-color-elizabeth-warren-white-supremacists-kanye-west-candace-owens

23 minutes ago, Old Mack said:

Better watch it...if you keep it up; you might get shunned by the ultraliberal community at large.

You know...the ultraliberal people who think killing babies is a normal (and a beautiful) thing and yet the see nothing weird about a man sticking his penis in another mans anus.

people-of-color-elizabeth-warren-white-supremacists-kanye-west-candace-owens

I knew you would respond to thissun!  Right UP YER ALLEY!!!!

On 2/18/2020 at 1:58 AM, drvoke said:

The two facts are unrelated.  He's a good scout, a good man, and he falls in love with men.  The he, as s boy, liked to be with other boys makes perfect sense - most boys do.  I did, and I've been married to same woman for almost 30 years. 

Boys are fun (when you are young), but women you marry (when you are no longer a boy).  Nothing unusually in that.

17 minutes ago, Pengwin said:

The two facts are unrelated.  He's a good scout, a good man, and he falls in love with men.  The he, as s boy, liked to be with other boys makes perfect sense - most boys do.  I did, and I've been married to same woman for almost 30 years. 

Boys are fun (when you are young), but women you marry (when you are no longer a boy).  Nothing unusually in that.

I'm sorry. To be clear.

Are you claiming you had a same sex romantic relations with other boys until you got married?

8 minutes ago, kfools said:

I'm sorry. To be clear.

Are you claiming you had a same sex romantic relations with other boys until you got married?

No, I'm saying that as a boy I liked boys (until that is I discovered girls, which I liked more, but that took some time).

Being with boys didn't make me ____ or ____, I was just a boy, who then grew into a man and moved beyond the boys to marry a woman.

Boys will be boys.  Going either way changes nothing and nothing changes them either.  They both become adults. some just are this way or that way.  No matter in the end.