One striking image shows the Marine Corps Generals who will have left the trump administration

• Trump boasted that his administration was staffed with notable members of the US armed forces.

•  

• Many of those senior military officials have since left his administration.

•  

• Some of these officials have been outspoken in their opposition to Trump's policies, like former chief of staff John Kelly, who called one recent Trump decision "exactly the wrong thing to do."

•  

Prior to becoming president, Donald Trump described his future cabinet the same way he characterized his business acumen:

"I'm going to surround myself only with the best and most serious people," Donald Trump said to The Washington Post in 2015, two years before his inauguration. "We want top of the line professionals."

Shortly after his being sworn in, Trump boasted that "my generals ... are going to keep us so safe."

But during his presidency, Trump's generals have slowly fell by the wayside, many of them resigning because their views were not "aligned" with his. The tepid resignation letters from these high-profile military officials evolved into a more pronounced denunciation, with some being outspoken in their opposition against Trump's policies.

Many of these former officials are Marines who served with distinction throughout the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. The photo above, taken in 2013, marked the first time six four-star Marines Corps generals were actively serving in the Marine Corps.

• Jim Mattis, the Secretary of Defense, announced his resignation in December 2018. His departure was accelerated after Trump announced his acting replacement, Patrick Shanahan, was set to take over. Mattis was a four-star general who once led the US Central Command and was celebrated as a top choice to lead the world's most powerful military. He cited disagreements with Trump's policies as the reason for his decision to resign from the Defense Department. Mattis later went on to poke fun at Trump in a light-hearted speech: "I earned my spurs on the battlefield ... And Donald Trump earned his spurs in a letter from a doctor."

• John Kelly, the former White House chief of staff, was a four-star Marine Corps general who once led the US Southern Command. He served as secretary of the Department of Homeland Security before being selected by Trump to regulate his day-to-day schedule. Kelly had been expected to bring order to a chaotic West Wing but faced headwinds, at times clashing with Trump on a number of issues. Kelly went on to describe Trump's intervention in a military court proceeding as "exactly the wrong thing to do."

• Joseph Dunford, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, served as the commandant of the Marine Corps and the International Security Assistance Force in Afghanistan. His term as the top commander of the US military ended September 2019. Trump selected US Army chief of staff Gen. Mark Milley as his replacement. In August 2019, Dunford said the military was experiencing a "politically turbulent time" during his tenure, but added that he "will not now, nor will I when I take off the uniform, make judgments about the president of the United States or the commander in chief."

• John Allen, the former commander of the US-led coalition in Afghanistan, did not serve in the Trump administration. Instead, he was an outspoken critic of Trump throughout his campaign and presidency. During a speech at the Democratic National Convention in 2016, Allen endorsed Hillary Clinton and likened Trump's presidency to a "business transaction" that conducts "illegal activities." Trump fired back at Allen through a tweet and said his fight against ISIS "failed badly."

From left, Gen. John Kelly, Gen. James Mattis, Gen. Joseph Dunford, Gen. James Amos, Gen. John Allen, and Gen. John Paxton Jr. at the Home of the Commandants in Washington, DC, on April 19, 2013.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gen. John Kelly, Gen. James Mattis, Gen. Joseph Dunford, Gen. James Amos, Gen. John Allen, and Gen. John Paxton Jr. - Thank You for your service, and patriotism to the USA. These are all honorable men.

trump will be remembered in History as our draft dodging, multi bankrupt businessman, multi married/divorced, bully and conman, his Anti-American Fascist Agenda, and IMPEACHED by US Congress U.S. President.

10 minutes ago, benson13 said:

Gen. John Kelly, Gen. James Mattis, Gen. Joseph Dunford, Gen. James Amos, Gen. John Allen, and Gen. John Paxton Jr. - Thank You for your service, and patriotism to the USA. These are all honorable men.

trump will be remembered in History as our draft dodging, multi bankrupt businessman, multi married/divorced, bully and conman, his Anti-American Fascist Agenda, and IMPEACHED by US Congress U.S. President.

Career people tend to love their social identity and rank over just being a standard reproduction occupying space now.

2 minutes ago, MidnightMax said:

Poor thing.

Tell us how many came and went in Ovomit's Administration.

Or how about Bubba Clinton.

SCHITSTAIN is so eat up with HATE, he can't see TRUTH and FACTS for all the HATE that gets in the way.

hey max, did you support the Iraq war based on lies or not?

the reason I ask is you left me with the impression that you did not and when I axed you you slithered away without answering.

so did you or didn't you?

8 minutes ago, MidnightMax said:

Poor thing.

Tell us how many came and went in Ovomit's Administration.

Or how about Bubba Clinton.

SCHITSTAIN is so eat up with HATE, he can't see TRUTH and FACTS for all the HATE that gets in the way.

Why do you always debate truth and facts instead of actual results?  Oh you only have a mind that spins clockwise or counterclockwise logistically. that left wing vs right wing mantra. One winged ideology only spins in circles around the same talking point.

It is what gives that ancient Chisese wisdom truth about East is East and west is west. Dawn is existing night time and dusk is entering darkness. Daylight faces the center of the solar system night is facing outside the circle logic but always within the same space at the same time results are never duplicated as compounding so far.

Wait that is Tibetian from the Dalai Lama Eastern version of the Western Pope of Catholicism. emperor of the east meets emperor of West. In the Spirit of making vocabulary a higher power than brute force political might. the advvent of good cop bad cop holding ancestries hostage to potential oucomes  with the population is trained each ancestor added from now on into believing life is larger than eternally spaced apart so far.

Sedition is political, seduction is a religious experience at allowing intellect to silence instinctive awareness for the greater good of managing tomorrows now until extinction.

5 minutes ago, harryramar said:

fake news

5 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

They all quit, to a man, when Trump wanted to pull out of the middle east. 

Kind of like the prosecutors resigning before the review of Flynn and Stone process crimes that wouldn't have happened without the phony dossier paid for by Hillary and DNC to be used on any republican winning in 2016, 

It was used against Trump because he won the Nomination and that made my the topic to a preset operation.  Not a conspiracy theory when you understand how people conspired to the end result going on now.

Potential doubt exists as long as humans use relative time line statistical averaging as all the facts used to keep people minding a social narrative from now on.

Just now, sole result said:

Kind of like the prosecutors resigning before the review of Flynn and Stone process crimes that wouldn't have happened without the phony dossier paid for by Hillary and DNC to be used on any republican winning in 2016, 

It was used against Trump because he won the Nomination and that made my the topic to a preset operation.  Not a conspiracy theory when you understand how people conspired to the end result going on now.

lying under oath is not a process crime. it is a felony . 5 couints.

the fact that you want to diminish the seriousness makes you look dishonest and little

ands no stone lied to protect trump from the long arm of the law so even your gibberish can't spin a silk purse from a sows ear.

but you try anyway

8 minutes ago, harryramar said:

lying under oath is not a process crime. it is a felony . 5 couints.

the fact that you want to diminish the seriousness makes you look dishonest and little

ands no stone lied to protect trump from the long arm of the law so even your gibberish can't spin a silk purse from a sows ear.

but you try anyway

Using planeted circumstantial evidence, misrepresenting what was going on during a discussion, is entrapment.  Bait and switch like you doing here.  Facts are rationed parts of the whole same as statistical averaging to define type cast people under laws that rule social conduct cradle to grave.  

Power of suggestion worked into persuasion of power you don't obey we take away your rights to deny now is eternity. I know your system of social justification inside out learned it completely 15 years ago when it was used against my sister and in my silent rage I made a promise to our dead mother I would develop a way to bring the corruption to an end, or the corrupted will end human existence in this atmosphere, and here is that 13 year effort reaching its critical mass globally.

Understanding how life really works goes so deep it hits the core of every rational exuse to save humanity from every reality's pointed view of life cannot be limited to now..