TBHWT

Survey finds people who identify as left-wing more likely to have been diagnosed with a mental illness

Sunday, February 16, 2020

Survey finds people who identify as left-wing more likely to have been diagnosed with a mental illness

Although this finding is a straw in the wind it is not by itself conclusive.  The sample is not a random one so any generalizations from it may not be sound.

It is however consistent with all we know about Leftists.  Their ability to ignore reality is definitional of them -- which indicates heavy use of such neurotic defence mechanisms as compartmentalization, projection and denial.

Even neuroticism may be a kind diagnosis, however -- as loss of reality contact is the core definition of psychosis. Looking at the evidence as a whole therefore I think a fairly safe conclusion does emerge.

Amusingly, ever since at least 1950, Leftist psychologists have also been projective in this area.  They have labored mightly to show that conservatives are the maladjusted  ones -- with results that are convincing only to themselves

The analysis below used data from a survey carried out by a Leftist -- who is greatly outraged at the impertience of that.  He offers some criticisms of the analysis below but starts out with an outright lie while doing so. His reality denial is certainly going strong.  He summarizes the findings below as "Both extreme rightists and extreme leftists are more likely than moderates to have been diagnosed with most conditions.'

But look at the graph below.  Extreme Leftists (on the extreme Left of the graph below, as is fitting) are more than twice as nutty as extreme rightists.  Extreme Rightists are in fact fairly average on mental problems.

We do have a very large problem with Leftists.  When you add in the truly insane torrent of rage and hate that they direct at Mr Trump, you have to conclude that a Leftist government would be a government for the insane by the insane

A new survey of more than 8,000 people has found that those who identify with left-wing political beliefs are more likely to have been diagnosed with a mental illness.

Ann Coulter’s “liberalism is a mental disorder” catchphrase has become something of a clichéd meme, but the data appears to support it.

Carried out by Slate Star Codex, the online survey collected a wealth of data from respondents about their education, demographic, lifestyle and political views.

The results show that people who occupy the farther left end of the political spectrum are more likely to have been “formally diagnosed with depression, borderline personality disorder, bipolar disorder, or schizophrenia.”

photo_2020-02-12_18-42-11.jpg

In addition, the results show that the highest percentage of respondents (38%) who admit being diagnosed with forms of mental illness also identify politically as Marxists.

In comparison, just 12.1% of conservatives say they have been diagnosed with a mental disorder.

While the survey is by no means scientific, it does give an insight into how disturbed people are more likely to be attracted to fringe leftist beliefs, which in a lifestyle sense usually encourage degeneracy and a lack of moral responsibility.

“It’s not a myth that left-wingers are more mentally ill,” said conservative commentator Milo Yiannopoulos. “And it’s not a surprise the internet has elevated crazy people with too much time on their hands to a central place in the national discourse. The “social web” is a social Bad wording catastrophe.”

Just now, leftwinger said:

why come to a liberal forum just to hurl inane insults?

why do you have a mental illness

12 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

why come to a liberal forum just to hurl inane insults?

Probably because that's what you do. You think they're insults because they're true. Most on the left today have insane Ideas about what the country should be like 

leftwinger
Trump is in debt to the Russian mafia. He has no money. 
You are a moron. 
Trump steals from his charity.
Trump he steals to pay back the mafia. 
What is his position? He is deferential to Putin.
I never  agree with anything you have ever said. 
get lost. 
What skills do you have? You're barely literate.    
This is why most Americans hate you right wingers

13 minutes ago, Squatchman said:

Posted by a science denier.

I'm  a strong believer in science but not hoaxes by some idiot that thinks he's a scientist.

19 minutes ago, Chiseler said:

why do you have a mental illness

LOL

Florida Man Attacks Trump Supporters With ... a Cane Sword

Peaceful Florida citizens holding Trump signs were minding their own business in Dunnellon, Fla., last Thursday when a man rushed at them with a cane sword.

Police arrested 49-year-old James L. Whitehurst II and charged him with 10 counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and one count of disorderly conduct, the Ocala Star Banner reported.

Trump derangement syndrome is a real condition. It is fueled by hate anger and rage. It manifests itself where the sufferer experiences severe anhedonia. Consequently it robs the individual of any feelings of eudaimonia. As the syndrome progresses it can actually change the individual's brain chemistry and these manifestations may become permanent. Some individuals in severe cases may also experience tardive dyskinesia and after prolonged occurrence this may also become permanent.

17 minutes ago, JoeAverage said:

Of course TDS is a mental illness and it appears most lefties here are infected.

Well to be correct they are not infected... If such were the case these vindictive angry scumbags would be able to infect those on the right. No one knows for sure how the syndrome starts but it is more likely than not because the individual has a tendency to mental instability where their brain chemistry is susceptible to a syndrome such as this... Much as these individuals are also prone to paranoid schizophrenia.

12 minutes ago, Giujo said:

Well to be correct they are not infected... If such were the case these vindictive angry scumbags would be able to infect those on the right. No one knows for sure how the syndrome starts but it is more likely than not because the individual has a tendency to mental instability where their brain chemistry is susceptible to a syndrome such as this... Much as these individuals are also prone to paranoid schizophrenia.

I stand corrected.

I don't remember the right being so over the top with 8 years of Obama, I could be wrong!

16 minutes ago, JoeAverage said:

I stand corrected.

I don't remember the right being so over the top with 8 years of Obama, I could be wrong!

No...you're right... We went on with our lives happy in the knowledge that he would only be in office for a finite period of time.

5 minutes ago, Giujo said:

No...you're right... We went on with our lives happy in the knowledge that he would only be in office for a finite period of time.

👍

8 minutes ago, TBHWT said:

Just another reason I call you Retard. Get it?

This idiot is a classic case study.

1 hour ago, TBHWT said:

Sunday, February 16, 2020

Although this finding is a straw in the wind it is not by itself conclusive.  The sample is not a random one so any generalizations from it may not be sound.

It is however consistent with all we know about Leftists.  Their ability to ignore reality is definitional of them -- which indicates heavy use of such neurotic defence mechanisms as compartmentalization, projection and denial.

Even neuroticism may be a kind diagnosis, however -- as loss of reality contact is the core definition of psychosis. Looking at the evidence as a whole therefore I think a fairly safe conclusion does emerge.

Amusingly, ever since at least 1950, Leftist psychologists have also been projective in this area.  They have labored mightly to show that conservatives are the maladjusted  ones -- with results that are convincing only to themselves

The analysis below used data from a survey carried out by a Leftist -- who is greatly outraged at the impertience of that.  He offers some criticisms of the analysis below but starts out with an outright lie while doing so. His reality denial is certainly going strong.  He summarizes the findings below as "Both extreme rightists and extreme leftists are more likely than moderates to have been diagnosed with most conditions.'

But look at the graph below.  Extreme Leftists (on the extreme Left of the graph below, as is fitting) are more than twice as nutty as extreme rightists.  Extreme Rightists are in fact fairly average on mental problems.

We do have a very large problem with Leftists.  When you add in the truly insane torrent of rage and hate that they direct at Mr Trump, you have to conclude that a Leftist government would be a government for the insane by the insane

A new survey of more than 8,000 people has found that those who identify with left-wing political beliefs are more likely to have been diagnosed with a mental illness.

Ann Coulter’s “liberalism is a mental disorder” catchphrase has become something of a clichéd meme, but the data appears to support it.

Carried out by Slate Star Codex, the online survey collected a wealth of data from respondents about their education, demographic, lifestyle and political views.

The results show that people who occupy the farther left end of the political spectrum are more likely to have been “formally diagnosed with depression, borderline personality disorder, bipolar disorder, or schizophrenia.”

photo_2020-02-12_18-42-11.jpg

In addition, the results show that the highest percentage of respondents (38%) who admit being diagnosed with forms of mental illness also identify politically as Marxists.

In comparison, just 12.1% of conservatives say they have been diagnosed with a mental disorder.

While the survey is by no means scientific, it does give an insight into how disturbed people are more likely to be attracted to fringe leftist beliefs, which in a lifestyle sense usually encourage degeneracy and a lack of moral responsibility.

“It’s not a myth that left-wingers are more mentally ill,” said conservative commentator Milo Yiannopoulos. “And it’s not a surprise the internet has elevated crazy people with too much time on their hands to a central place in the national discourse. The “social web” is a social Bad wording catastrophe.”

I can certainly give you anecdotal evidence..... I would say 90% of adult inpatient psych admits are leftists and virtually all of them positive for marijuana. 

2 minutes ago, Giujo said:

This idiot is a classic case study.

Yes he is! 

1 minute ago, DeepBreath said:

I can certainly give you anecdotal evidence..... I would say 90% of adult inpatient psych admits are leftists and virtually all of them positive for marijuana. 

I also can attest to that.

6 minutes ago, DeepBreath said:

They're doing the best they can as a mentally deficient group.