Sign in to follow this  
TheOldBarn

Immigrants and What the US means to the world and its people

Heard about the show, "Little America"?

I was watching CSPAN this morning as I do every early morning preparing for work in the early AM. Today's topic was about illegal immigration and had a guest speaker Brandon Judd the president of the Border Patrol council. 

Mixed with any guest speaker on the CSPAN Washington Journal you have a lot of callers and it can be wacky to say the least what the callers have to say. When I watch, anecdotally at least, the callers from the right are about 80% of the callers. Anyway, today's show really brought out a lot of callers who believe that the number one issue in the US is illegal immigration. It was tough to listen to, but I'm doing several things, like shaving, checking emails, etc... so luckily I sort of tune out most of it. Why I listen to it in the first place is a good question...

Anyhow, there's this really great show on Apple TV - which is not something I'm going to ask you to rush out and get. But it's a really good show that is really important. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=little+america+trailer&rlz=1C1CHWA_enUS614US614&oq=Little+America+&aqs=chrome.5.69i57j0l7.10380j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Historically, tolerance and openness have been extraordinarily good for economies and general well-being of people.  I can't believe we're still fighting these demons.  The Dutch took a tiny nation and exerted out-sized influence on the whole planet in their day, mainly by knowing how to live and do business with people of every stripe.

On 2/25/2020 at 9:02 AM, splunch said:

Historically, tolerance and openness have been extraordinarily good for economies and general well-being of people.  I can't believe we're still fighting these demons.  The Dutch took a tiny nation and exerted out-sized influence on the whole planet in their day, mainly by knowing how to live and do business with people of every stripe.

but the whole point of my post was this keen idea, of this new show.

https://www.google.com/search?q=little+america+trailer&rlz=1C1CHWA_enUS614US614&oq=Little+America+&aqs=chrome.5.69i57j0l7.10380j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Almost as if it was an affidavit that should register in the court of public opinion, yet for some reason has not yet.

There's something wrong with the courts. If the courts are to have their equal say, regarding the truth. They say more data is needed, more data is required, the higher courts say in their opinions of which they are guided by the constitution, the framework and their judgement in their precariously thinking about the framework in the constitution that was precariously so very much terribly wrong.

Peace!