What we need is an upgrade to the definition of protected class.

1 minute ago, dontlooknow said:

Liberty is freedom. A right is granting freedom. 

symbolism over substance intellelct trained after birth to silence instinctive awareness the brain navigates a one of a kind lifetime so far.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, dontlooknow said:

A right is something that government can't take away without amending the constitution. 

LOL...LOL.. how pathetic you are in your ignorant display. I'm done trying to explain simple concepts to you... Pursue your happiness in ignorance.

4 hours ago, Giujo said:

The Constitution does just that. And if a law is established that is injurious to the Constitution the Court will find it so upon challenge... That's how we do it in this republic.

The constitution does that but the idea behind your thread topic does  not do that. It is actually

4 hours ago, Giujo said:

And for the sake of extending the argument would you care to elaborate on your definitions?

https://www.ushistory.org/gov/10.asp

My argument is not that rights are important, because they very much are. The reason we focus on liberties is we start breaking down into groups when we talk about what we have a right to do. Liberty on the other hand is what we are free to do but it has consequences and responsibilities tied to it. So please don't take my argument is down playing your argument. 

18 minutes ago, Redoctober said:

https://www.ushistory.org/gov/10.asp

My argument is not that rights are important, because they very much are. The reason we focus on liberties is we start breaking down into groups when we talk about what we have a right to do. Liberty on the other hand is what we are free to do but it has consequences and responsibilities tied to it. So please don't take my argument is down playing your argument. 

Unfortunately the dumbass "I don't know now" with his ignorance on the subject interjected himself into the conversation and was insinuating that liberty and rights mean the same thing. My contention is simply that they are not the same thing. Simply put, Liberty is the freedom to exercise a right.

4 hours ago, Giujo said:

Unfortunately the dumbass "I don't know now" with his ignorance on the subject interjected himself into the conversation and was insinuating that liberty and rights mean the same thing. My contention is simply that they are not the same thing. Simply put, Liberty is the freedom to exercise a right.

Here is how my dad explains the separation of liberty and rights, Your rights end when another person's liberty begins. Now really think on that not in reality but actual life.  Great grandparents rights end with grandparents added to the moment, great grandparent and grandparent rights end with liberty of the  parents to correct human error from previous generations. now there is one last separation the last generation added has the right to correct the loss of liberty taking anypoint in history.

Get the hint why I always still with now is eternity. Reproductions are the chance to correct social behavior from now on, but when rights take liberties, vocabular controls from now on and that is intelect trained after birth by previous generations making the next generation unble to correct dishonest policies, and corrupted interpretations.