What we need is an upgrade to the definition of protected class.

6 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

Sorry to say you believe your service to country gives you special rights and protections. You are an American citizen with rights given to you by your Creator and uniquely recognized by the US Constitution. Protected classes had their place when discriminatory laws were commonplace which is no longer the case. It's time we moved away from this highly unproductive and freedom killing notion. All people are equal, all US citizens should enjoy life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. 

I claim no special rights because of my veteran status nor do I accept any discrimination because of it. And if any established law is deficient in protection of my rights, and one is created to strengthen that protection it is not injurious to Constitutional protections.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Giujo said:

What we need is an upgrade to the definition of protected class and bias crimes when it comes to individual civil rights. Presently the protected Federal class is:

Race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, citizenship, familial status, disability status, veteran status, and genetic information.

It is my contention that we need to add, political affiliation. This would protect individuals who experience violence or attempted violence directed at those because of their political affiliation, when that political affiliation is evident to the public, ie, verbally identifying political affiliation, displaying political signs, wearing of politically orientated clothing or registering people to vote for a political party, etc.

why?  are reproductions of a species the means to replace lifetimes never the same people one generation after another now in this adapt or become extinct environment where only humans use the concept of 24/7 to think beyond being eternally separated so far?

1 hour ago, Giujo said:

What we need is an upgrade to the definition of protected class and bias crimes when it comes to individual civil rights. Presently the protected Federal class is:

Race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, citizenship, familial status, disability status, veteran status, and genetic information.

It is my contention that we need to add, political affiliation. This would protect individuals who experience violence or attempted violence directed at those because of their political affiliation, when that political affiliation is evident to the public, ie, verbally identifying political affiliation, displaying political signs, wearing of politically orientated clothing or registering people to vote for a political party, etc.

Oh. I thought you right wingers hated big government.

1 minute ago, sole result said:

why?  are reproductions of a species the means to replace lifetimes never the same people one generation after another now in this adapt or become extinct environment where only humans use the concept of 24/7 to think beyond being eternally separated so far?

Yes.. no.. maybe.. I don't know... Pick one!

12 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

Sorry to say you believe your service to country gives you special rights and protections. You are an American citizen with rights given to you by your Creator and uniquely recognized by the US Constitution. Protected classes had their place when discriminatory laws were commonplace which is no longer the case. It's time we moved away from this highly unproductive and freedom killing notion. All people are equal, all US citizens should enjoy life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. 

that is interesting phraseology by our founding fathers... Do you know what the original John Locke text said in place of pursuit of happiness and why it was changed?

2 minutes ago, Giujo said:

I claim no special rights because of my veteran status nor do I accept any discrimination because of it. And if any established law is deficient in protection of my rights, and one is created to strengthen that protection it is not injurious to Constitutional protections.

You will never be able to legislate bias and discrimination out of existence, this is a progressive liberal fairytale and an insidiously dangerous one. If I am a hiring manager who doesn't like veterans there are a thousand reasons I could give for not hiring you. Unless I am stupid enough to say "veterans need not apply" this protection does nothing for you. It's theater that encourages tribalism and adoption of victimhood. It leads to people like Warren lying about their ethnicity to garner special treatment. Freedom of association conveys a right to freedom from association. 

(I am one that would give preferential consideration to veterans with or without such laws)

5 minutes ago, Giujo said:

that is interesting phraseology by our founding fathers... Do you know what the original John Locke text said in place of pursuit of happiness and why it was changed?

Enlighten me

9 minutes ago, Giujo said:

Yes.. no.. maybe.. I don't know... Pick one!

I have, stop denying how life actually works in plain sight.  Amazing what ending enabling doubt brings to light of misguided enlightenments practiced ancestrally.

Just now, sole result said:

I have, stop denying how life actually works in plain sight.  Amazing what ending enabling doubt brings to light of misguided enlightenments practiced ancestrally.

Of course life works in plain sight. Putting unnessary words together don't make you look any smarter. 

1 minute ago, dontlooknow said:

The founding fathers didn't call it the bill of liberty. They called it the bill of rights. I think any attack on political beliefs should be a hate crime. 

ha ha ha ha ha ha.  You are in quicksand dLN.  

Just now, dontlooknow said:

Of course life works in plain sight. Putting unnessary words together don't make you look any smarter. 

How does life work simultaneosuly alive spontaneously here as individually conceived to decomposedd so far with the direct results of total sum reproductions is the current occupation of homo sapiens present as great grandparents, grandparents, parents, aunts, uncles, last reproductions that never conceived their own replacements adding their end results to ancestors left behind after dead.

You don't see eternally sorted out in that? I navigate living as though it always does.  Obviously you choose to ignore that, why?

14 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

You will never be able to legislate bias and discrimination out of existence, this is a progressive liberal fairytale and an insidiously dangerous one. If I am a hiring manager who doesn't like veterans there are a thousand reasons I could give for not hiring you. Unless I am stupid enough to say "veterans need not apply" this protection does nothing for you. It's theater that encourages tribalism and adoption of victimhood. It leads to people like Warren lying about their ethnicity to garner special treatment. Freedom of association conveys a right to freedom from association. 

(I am one that would give preferential consideration to veterans with or without such laws)

6 minutes ago, dontlooknow said:

No rights are liberty. Liberty is a right. 

Here ya go dumbass...

They are separate.

Broadly speaking, liberty is the ability to do as one pleases. ... In this sense, the exercise of liberty is subject to capability and limited by the rights of others. Thus liberty entails the responsible use of freedom under the rule of law without depriving anyone else of their freedom.

Oh sorry Neoconvict I didn't mean to include your quote and with this idiot

3 minutes ago, dontlooknow said:

The founding fathers didn't call it the bill of liberties they called it the bill of rights. 

You are such a dumbass.

Just now, Giujo said:

Here ya go dumbass...

They are separate.

Broadly speaking, liberty is the ability to do as one pleases. ... In this sense, the exercise of liberty is subject to capability and limited by the rights of others. Thus liberty entails the responsible use of freedom under the rule of law without depriving anyone else of their freedom.

When they gave blacks freedom was it liberty or a right to freedom?

Just now, dontlooknow said:

When given a right you are giving freedom. Like when the women won the right to vote. It gave them the liberty to vote. 

drug induced logic.^^^^^^^. Instincts dormant navigating as one of a kind but performng as a self anointed type cast character willing to do anything to become anything else than the reproduction occupying space inside your skin..

Just now, sole result said:

drug induced logic.^^^^^^^. Instincts dormant navigating as one of a kind but performng as a self anointed type cast character willing to do anything to become anything else than the reproduction occupying space inside your skin..

Lol lmao you are tripping most of the time. Most people don't bother with you. Cause you make zero sense.