How a Biden collapse could benefit Sanders

More surprising, however, is that a Biden collapse could also benefit Sanders. According to Pew, 21 percent of Biden voters said they would switch allegiance to Sanders if Biden were not in the race — more than would go to any other candidate. Biden, Bloomberg and Klobuchar all ranked in the single digits.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/02/13/how-biden-collapse-could-benefit-sanders/

3 minutes ago, johndnorth said:

Yes they are. Sanders is a communist and that is what dems want. Even unions are starting to question Sanders.

The DNC is a dumpster fire. You think Hill v Sanders was ridiculous, this is liable to be ten times worse. The convention is going to be must see TV.

17 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

Sanders nomination will help Trump. 

I'm not so sure about that. Sanders is considered quite likable and the Republicans have to be careful about where they attack his platform. They'll certainly have to point out that he's spent most of his life working government jobs and, personally, is in the 1%. 

21 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

More surprising, however, is that a Biden collapse could also benefit Sanders. According to Pew, 21 percent of Biden voters said they would switch allegiance to Sanders if Biden were not in the race — more than would go to any other candidate. Biden, Bloomberg and Klobuchar all ranked in the single digits.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/02/13/how-biden-collapse-could-benefit-sanders/

I believe the Biden collapse has already occurred and his campaign will be officially over by 7 March. Sanders, presumably, will become clear front-runner by end of March.

1 minute ago, kking said:

I'm not so sure about that. Sanders is considered quite likable and the Republicans have to be careful about where they attack his platform. They'll certainly have to point out that he's spent most of his life working government jobs and, personally, is in the 1%. 

I believe the Biden collapse has already occurred and his campaign will be officially over by 7 March. Sanders, presumably, will become clear front-runner by end of March.

I think you're right.

3 minutes ago, neue regel said:

I think you're right.

I just have a hard time picturing Bernie being really tough on Trump in the debates, like he ought to be. Remember when, during the Democratic debates, he insisted everyone put Hillary Clinton's email problems to rest? A nice gesture of unity and definitely forward-thinking, but NOT a way to win. Could that mentality be his undoing, even against someone as loathed by the left as Trump?

2 minutes ago, kking said:

I just have a hard time picturing Bernie being really tough on Trump in the debates, like he ought to be. Remember when, during the Democratic debates, he insisted everyone put Hillary Clinton's email problems to rest? A nice gesture of unity and definitely forward-thinking, but NOT a way to win. Could that mentality be his undoing, even against someone as loathed by the left as Trump?

Sanders constantly calls Trump a pathological liar.

Just now, leftwinger said:

Sanders constantly calls Trump a pathological liar.

Yeah, but on a debate stage, face-to-face with the person, I think it's much harder to actually follow through with severe criticism. Also, calling him a liar isn't enough. You need specifics. If I were Bernie on the stage with Trump, I'd be asking him: "Why did you cheat on your wives, and how many times?" and things of that nature that speak to his character. 

4 minutes ago, kking said:

I'm sure Bernie will be coached to say the right things, as much as his memory will allow.

Just now, neue regel said:

I'm sure Bernie will be coached to say the right things, as much as his memory will allow.

Of course. And coached to stay on point, because Trump is a masterful deflector and reiterator.