Trump is considering barring all officials from listening to his phone calls with foreign leaders,

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump said Thursday that he might end the long-running practice of letting other administration officials listen in on presidential calls with foreign leaders. That's after Trump's impeachment was triggered by his July phone call with the president of Ukraine.

“I may end the practice entirely,” Trump told Geraldo Rivera in a radio interview that aired Thursday. Records experts said that was a bad idea, for multiple reasons.

Trump also offered new insights into his feelings about being impeached, saying it made him think about the “dark" days when Richard Nixon resigned over the Watergate scandal before his own likely impeachment.

“Well, it's a terrible thing and, you know, I think of Nixon more than anybody else and what that dark period was in our country and the whole thing with the tapes and the horror show,” Trump said. "It was dark and went on for a long time, and I watched it."

He said he often passes portraits of past presidents that hang in the White House.

“The portrait of Richard Nixon — I don't know. It's a little bit of a different feeling than I get from looking at the other portraits of presidents,” he said. “I got impeached for no reason whatsoever — totally partisan.”

Trump was impeached over his decision to hold up military aid to Ukraine. House Democrats allege that Trump abused his power by asking Ukraine to announce investigations of political rival Joe Biden and other Democrats in exchange for releasing the aid. House Democrats also charged Trump with obstruction of Congress for refusing to turn over documents and provide witnesses.

The president's impeachment stemmed from his July 25 call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and White House staffers listened in the call.

As is standard practice in any administration, the staffers, working in the secure, soundproof Situation Room in the West Wing basement, chronicled the conversation. National Security Council personnel then prepared a memorandum about the call, which serves as an official record.

2 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

Saw that story. GOP told Trump to go ahead and be a tyrannt.

In other news...

"A New Hampshire man was arrested Thursday afternoon after allegedly assaulting a 15-year-old Trump supporter and two adults at a polling site during the state’s first-in-the-nation primary earlier this week."

"Bradley slapped a 15-year old juvenile across the face and then assaulted two other adults who attempted to intercede."

The Windham Police Department said Patrick Bradley, 34, of Windham, was charged with simple assault and disorderly conduct. (Windham Police Department)

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new-hampshire-man-arrested-after-allegedly-assaulting-pro-trump-teen-polling-site

15 hours ago, fishhead said:

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump said Thursday that he might end the long-running practice of letting other administration officials listen in on presidential calls with foreign leaders. That's after Trump's impeachment was triggered by his July phone call with the president of Ukraine.

“I may end the practice entirely,” Trump told Geraldo Rivera in a radio interview that aired Thursday. Records experts said that was a bad idea, for multiple reasons.

Trump also offered new insights into his feelings about being impeached, saying it made him think about the “dark" days when Richard Nixon resigned over the Watergate scandal before his own likely impeachment.

“Well, it's a terrible thing and, you know, I think of Nixon more than anybody else and what that dark period was in our country and the whole thing with the tapes and the horror show,” Trump said. "It was dark and went on for a long time, and I watched it."

He said he often passes portraits of past presidents that hang in the White House.

“The portrait of Richard Nixon — I don't know. It's a little bit of a different feeling than I get from looking at the other portraits of presidents,” he said. “I got impeached for no reason whatsoever — totally partisan.”

Trump was impeached over his decision to hold up military aid to Ukraine. House Democrats allege that Trump abused his power by asking Ukraine to announce investigations of political rival Joe Biden and other Democrats in exchange for releasing the aid. House Democrats also charged Trump with obstruction of Congress for refusing to turn over documents and provide witnesses.

The president's impeachment stemmed from his July 25 call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and White House staffers listened in the call.

As is standard practice in any administration, the staffers, working in the secure, soundproof Situation Room in the West Wing basement, chronicled the conversation. National Security Council personnel then prepared a memorandum about the call, which serves as an official record.

Oh boy. 

10 hours ago, dontlooknow said:

He is tired of people knowing about his corrupt deals. 

Tired of having conversations between and foreign heads of state leaked to the media. He should probably just change the law so leaking such calls is treason. Bet the leaks would stop after the first couple hangings. 

6 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

Tired of having conversations between and foreign heads of state leaked to the media. He should probably just change the law so leaking such calls is treason. Bet the leaks would stop after the first couple hangings. 

Trump is just tired of following the law. 

1. Trump aides are worried about mental state ... - Business Insider

www.businessinsider.com/trump-aides-worried...

President Donald Trump's aides and confidants are concerned about his mental state after days of erratic behavior. "His mood changes from one minute to the next based on some headline or tweet ...

2. Aides Worried About Trump’s Mental State

politicalwire.com/2019/09/06/aides-worried-about...

Sep 06, 2019 · Aides Worried About Trump’s Mental State September 6, 2019 at 4:42 pm EDT By Taegan Goddard Leave a Comment “President Trump’s aides and confidants are growing more and more concerned about his mental state following days of erratic behavior, wild outbursts, and bizarre fixations,” Business Insider reports.

3. Is Donald Trump's mental health becoming dangerous? Medical ...

www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/donald-trump-s...

Dec 08, 2017 · Is Donald Trump's mental health becoming dangerous? Medical experts weigh in. Medicine is an equalizer, and the president may find that he cannot outrun his own condition.

• Author: Bandy X. Lee
  4. Are you worried about President Trump's mental health? An ...

www.quora.com/Are-you-worried-about-President...

The Business Insider article is spot on Even worse, Trump has hollowed out the White House. Natl Security Advisor Bolton walked off the job yesterday. NOBODY ANY GOOD WANTS TO GET ON BOARD TRUMPS SINKING SHIP.

5. Trump’s Advisers Worry About His Mental Health at Mar-a-Lago ...

www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/04/trumps-advisers...

Apr 17, 2018 · Trump’s Advisers Worry About His Mental Health at Mar-a-Lago. A summit with the Japanese prime minister could be a breakthrough. But White House aides also fear that five days in Florida will ...

• Author: Isobel Thompson
  6. Washington’s growing obsession: Trump’s mental health – POLITICO

www.politico.eu/article/donald-trump-mental...

On Wednesday, Lee and two other medical professionals released a statement following Trump’s late night tweet baiting Kim Jong Un into a potential nuclear war. “We write as mental health professionals who have been deeply concerned about Donald Trump’s psychological aberrations,” the statement read.

7. Franken: GOP worried about Trump mental health - CNN Video

www.cnn.com/.../sen-franken-trump-behavior-sotu.cnn

Feb 12, 2017 · Sen. Al Franken (D-Min.) says President Donald Trump's behavior is "not the norm for a human being."

8. The psychiatrist who briefed Congress on Trump’s mental state ...

www.vox.com/science-and-health/2018/1/5/16770060/...

Jan 06, 2018 · The longer Donald Trump is in office, the more he shocks and alarms us with his strange and extremely unpresidential behavior. ... the question of his mental health would ultimately come down to a ...

9. It’s time to talk about Trump’s mental health - The ...

www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/its-time-to-talk...

It’s time to talk about Trump’s mental health ... We don’t know how to even begin inquiring into a president’s mental health, so we rationalize aberrant behavior as being part of some ...

10. Donald Trump Jr. Liking This Shocking Tweet Has Us Worried ...

www.cheatsheet.com/health-fitness/donald-trump...

May 30, 2018 · While students, parents, and government officials work together to prevent gun violence, Donald Trump Jr. liked this tweet. And it has us worried.

1 hour ago, EltonJohnson said:

How many  languages did  Obama speak, and which ones?

Rather irrelevant to the discussion, since Obama is not the one trying to exclude staffers from his calls. 

as a matter of fact, Obama considers himself monolingual, and considers it a shortcoming in himself. 

21 minutes ago, theLion said:

Rather irrelevant to the discussion, since Obama is not the one trying to exclude staffers from his calls.

What is  the law saying the  president  must have people  listening to  his calls?

18 hours ago, fishhead said:

After the ukraine train wreck what would you expect.  obama would have hung vindman and his brother on a stake if they had done that to him.  He would have taken the whistleblower and fired him immediately and he would have never worked another day in his life in Washington or any other job in government, even as a trash engineer.  Obama would have just smacked down anyone that was listening to his call and spilled the beans to reporters.  Believe me, obama was not transparent, he was secret and private.

6 hours ago, theLion said:

as a matter of fact, Obama considers himself monolingual, and considers it a shortcoming in himself. 

He don't speak Jive? What kind of coon is he?