Jump to content
personreal

So, You Say You Want Government Run Healthcare?

Recommended Posts

On 2/13/2020 at 10:10 AM, personreal said:

That's a whole lot different than free healthcare for all run by the gov, which would bankrupt the country.

Why would it bankrupt the country?  Free medical care does not actually have to mean a blank check for those who want elective care.  If we pay wht it actually costs for medical services and products, it might be lots less than what we are paying for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2020 at 10:16 AM, personreal said:

OK...let's run it with low-paid amateurs

Does anyone do it that way?  If not, then why are you suggesting we try it that way in the USA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
6 minutes ago, Ranb said:

Why would it bankrupt the country?  Free medical care does not actually have to mean a blank check for those who want elective care.  If we pay wht it actually costs for medical services and products, it might be lots less than what we are paying for now.

No. Administration costs are about 15%. 85% is actual healthcare. As we learned with Medicaid expansion that’s now flooding ER’s across the country and threatening to bankrupt states, the huge increase in demand with no deductibles will cause healthcare costs to skyrocket. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2020 at 7:17 AM, personreal said:

 

Remember those $600 toilet seats? 

How does supporting an urban legend prop up your argument?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
8 minutes ago, Ranb said:

Does anyone do it that way?  If not, then why are you suggesting we try it that way in the USA?

We have a much higher saturation of specialists and high end medical equipment in this country.

 

What Medicaid for all would do is drastically increase the wait for any kind of specialized care. Far beyond what anyone with private insurance would be comfortable with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DeepBreath said:

he huge increase in demand with no deductibles will cause healthcare costs to skyrocket. 

Not if those services are unavailable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Just now, Ranb said:

Not if those services are unavailable. 

We are FORCED to treat everyone in the ER, you moron. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DeepBreath said:

We have a much higher saturation of specialists and high end medical equipment in this country.

You'e being evasive.  Does anyone run their health care system with low-paid amateurs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DeepBreath said:

We are FORCED to treat everyone in the ER

Really?  Emergency rooms are not capable of treating everything an everyone.  Perhaps you can show me an actual law that says what you claim?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Just now, Ranb said:

You'e being evasive.  Does anyone run their health care system with low-paid amateurs?

I doubt other countries are a stringent on licensing requirements as we are. I also know RN’s don’t get paid anywhere near what they get paid here, as a result. 
 

But how they really offset costs is through rationing if expensive care, treatment and procedures. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
1 minute ago, Ranb said:

Really?  Emergency rooms are not capable of treating everything an everyone.  Perhaps you can show me an actual law that says what you claim?

A federal law called the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA) requires almost all hospitals to provide treatment to all patients who need emergency medical treatment regardless of whether the patients have health insurance. Read on to learn more about this law and how it works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DeepBreath said:

I also know RN’s don’t get paid anywhere near what they get paid here, as a result. 

You fail again.  A registered nurse is a highly trained professional, not an amateur.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DeepBreath said:

Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act

You left out the part of this law that shows how everyone has be treated for anything.  Because that part of the law doesn't exist.  Try again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
15 minutes ago, Ranb said:

You fail again.  A registered nurse is a highly trained professional, not an amateur.

It is in this country. The requirements for being a nurse along with scope of practice vary greatly from country to country. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DeepBreath said:

The requirements for being a nurse along with scope of practice vary greatly from country to country. 

And in which countries are registered nurses classified as amateurs?

 

Shouldn't you be providing examples to support your claims instead of waiting for someone to ask?  Or did you think your BS was thick enough that no one could see through it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
14 minutes ago, Ranb said:

You left out the part of this law that shows how everyone has be treated for anything.  Because that part of the law doesn't exist.  Try again.

Actually it does because an EMTALA violation could mean loss of licensing and/or reimbursement.

 

Have you EVER heard of anyone who went to an ER and was refused treatment, idiot? 
 

Let me answer for you. No. 
 

Now, once the ER physician sees you, they can deem your condition not a medical necessity and discharge after appropriate treatment, stabilization. 
 

You’re dealing with a BSN, RN who works in an ER. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Just now, Ranb said:

And in which countries are registered nurses classified as amateurs?

 

Shouldn't you be providing examples to support your claims instead of waiting for someone to ask?  Or did you think your BS was thick enough that no one could see through it?

As I stated, scope of practice varies greatly from country to country. 
 

Do your own research. I already have a BSN. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, DeepBreath said:

No. Administration costs are about 15%. 85% is actual healthcare. As we learned with Medicaid expansion that’s now flooding ER’s across the country and threatening to bankrupt states, the huge increase in demand with no deductibles will cause healthcare costs to skyrocket. 
 

 

 

Good am, D.B.,

I am a mercenary.     Will you coalesce?     With other factions?   Please ?

This is our nice side.   Did you want  see our ….'ugly'....side?     

We can show that to you.   But we don't want to.

 

About the Percocet...….let's tone it down.    About the OxyContin...….let's it

tune it up.    OK?     Are we clear?    I think we are.         😎……….

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DeepBreath said:

Actually it does because an EMTALA violation could mean loss of licensing and/or reimbursement.

It might be true, but I don't believe you.  I think you just did a quick internet search and found a link that looks good and posted a name.  Show me the part of the law that says that anyone can get treated for anything at an ER. 

 

7 minutes ago, DeepBreath said:

Have you EVER heard of anyone who went to an ER and was refused treatment, idiot? 

I understand that an ER will provide emergency medical treatment for a person, but some medical services are not available at an ER. 

 

7 minutes ago, DeepBreath said:

You’re dealing with a BSN, RN who works in an ER. 

Then why is it your answers are so evasive instead of looking like they come from someone who works in the field?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DeepBreath said:

As I stated, scope of practice varies greatly from country to country. 

You made a claim, I was asking you to support it.  If you can't, then it was probably BS to begin with.

 

4 minutes ago, DeepBreath said:

Do your own research. I already have a BSN. 

I'll do research to validate my own claims, not to support your BS ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
3 minutes ago, Ranb said:

It might be true, but I don't believe you.  I think you just did a quick internet search and found a link that looks good and posted a name.  Show me the part of the law that says that anyone can get treated for anything at an ER. 

 

I understand that an ER will provide emergency medical treatment for a person, but some medical services are not available at an ER. 

 

Then why is it your answers are so evasive instead of looking like they come from someone who works in the field?

1. Listen, dummy. The only clinician in the ER that can determine whether your complaint is a medical necessity is the ER doctor..... Only they can discharge you once you sign up, regardless of what you sign up for.

 

2. Then you TRANSFER care to the floor or hospital where Medical services can be obtained, DUH. 
 

3. Because you’re a moron who has no clue what they’re babbling about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
4 minutes ago, Ranb said:

You made a claim, I was asking you to support it.  If you can't, then it was probably BS to begin with.

 

I'll do research to validate my own claims, not to support your BS ones.

This MORON thinks other countries use our states licensing guidelines and scope of practice laws. 😂

 

Hey, dummy? Scopes of practice can vary from state to state, idiot. You think Britain uses the Illinois state nursing laws? 😂

 

You’re WAY over your head here. 
 

Go ahead. Research scope of practice for nurses across the globe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
12 minutes ago, Taipan said:

 

Good am, D.B.,

I am a mercenary.     Will you coalesce?     With other factions?   Please ?

This is our nice side.   Did you want  see our ….'ugly'....side?     

We can show that to you.   But we don't want to.

 

About the Percocet...….let's tone it down.    About the OxyContin...….let's it

tune it up.    OK?     Are we clear?    I think we are.         😎……….

😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DeepBreath said:

😂

 

I was trying to intimidate you.

So that didn't work??    You bastard.   Wait.   I will get my poker-face on.  

Then....you will know......about the game......of intimidation.         😊…...🥃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
2 minutes ago, Taipan said:

 

I was trying to intimidate you.

So that didn't work??    You bastard.   Wait.   I will get my poker-face on.  

Then....you will know......about the game......of intimidation.         😊…...🥃

Ya, trying to intimidate me online or in real life isn’t going to go well. 
 

Now, threatening my credit rating might get a rise out of me. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...