Jump to content

Trump seeks to bend the executive branch as part of impeachment vendetta


Recommended Posts

President Trump is testing the rule of law one week after his acquittal in his Senate impeachment trial, seeking to bend the executive branch into an instrument for his personal and political vendetta against perceived enemies.

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-seeks-to-bend-the-executive-branch-as-part-of-impeachment-vendetta/2020/02/12/8b712e18-4dc9-11ea-9b5c-eac5b16dafaa_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_trumppower-840pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory-ans

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trump targets Judge Amy Berman Jackson ahead of Roger Stone’s sentencing

 

First he went after the prosecutors who recommended a multiyear sentence for his friend Roger Stone. Then President Trump turned his Twitter ire to the “witch hunt disgrace” of special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s investigation, which led to Stone’s indictment. But perhaps most surprising was Trump’s decision to target U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson — who will determine Stone’s fate when he appears in her courtroom next Thursday.

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/legal-issues/trump-takes-on-judge-amy-berman-jackson-ahead-of-roger-stones-sentencing/2020/02/12/753e2a6e-4db6-11ea-bf44-f5043eb3918a_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_jackson-725pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory-ans

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Republicans ready to look past Trump’s brash intervention in Roger Stone case

 

Congressional Republicans showed little sign Wednesday that they would move to check President Trump’s brash public intervention in the federal prosecution of a former campaign confidant, leaving Democrats largely alone to fume about the evaporation of another norm of American governance.

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/republicans-ready-to-look-past-trumps-brash-intervention-in-roger-stone-case/2020/02/12/40024a64-4db7-11ea-9b5c-eac5b16dafaa_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_dojhill-7pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory-ans

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, kfools said:

Mr ethics over here.

 

About a blowjob? 

 

You mean about the president who is married getting a bj from an intern in the white house?

 

No problem.

 

Trump asks about a kid making millions by being on a board.

 

Lynch him.

 

Trump was impeached for trying to bribe and extort a foreign president.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, leftwinger said:

President Trump is testing the rule of law one week after his acquittal in his Senate impeachment trial, seeking to bend the executive branch into an instrument for his personal and political vendetta against perceived enemies.

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-seeks-to-bend-the-executive-branch-as-part-of-impeachment-vendetta/2020/02/12/8b712e18-4dc9-11ea-9b5c-eac5b16dafaa_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_trumppower-840pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory-ans


Senate Republicans spoke loud and clear. The rule of law no longer applies to this president. he is emboldened and will be out of control. 
 

The name of every Republican who voted to acquit this criminal should be inscribed on a national wall of shame in front of the Capitol. It will serve as a reminder to future senators that they will uphold their oath or suffer perpetual disgrace.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Olivaw said:


Senate Republicans spoke loud and clear. The rule of law no longer applies to this president. he is emboldened and will be out of control. 
 

The name of every Republican who voted to acquit this criminal should be inscribed on a national wall of shame in front of the Capitol. It will serve as a reminder to future senators that they will uphold their oath or suffer perpetual disgrace.

SAD THE DEMOCRATS IN THE HOUSE DON'T RESPECT THE RULE OF LAW!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After Stone Case, Prosecutors Say They Fear Pressure From Trump

 

WASHINGTON — For decades after Watergate, the White House treated the Justice Department with the softest of gloves, fearful that any appearance of political interference would resurrect the specter of Attorney General John Mitchell helping President Richard M. Nixon carry out a criminal conspiracy for political ends.

 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/12/us/politics/justice-department-roger-stone-sentencing.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Olivaw said:


Senate Republicans spoke loud and clear. The rule of law no longer applies to this president. he is emboldened and will be out of control. 
 

The name of every Republican who voted to acquit this criminal should be inscribed on a national wall of shame in front of the Capitol. It will serve as a reminder to future senators that they will uphold their oath or suffer perpetual disgrace.

 

Traitors.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

“In essence, the leadership of the Justice Department has commandeered the sentencing in a politically sensitive criminal matter, reversing the position uniformly accepted and promoted by the career prosecutors,” said David Laufman, a partner at Wiggin and Dana and a former chief of the Justice Department’s counterintelligence and export control section.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

“In essence, the leadership of the Justice Department has commandeered the sentencing in a politically sensitive criminal matter, reversing the position uniformly accepted and promoted by the career prosecutors,” said David Laufman, a partner at Wiggin and Dana and a former chief of the Justice Department’s counterintelligence and export control section.

Well considering all the evidence against him was made up by democrats!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, RebelGator said:

No, he was impeached for winning a Presidential Election by a band of petty, vindictive, evil scumbags that need to be eradicated like cock roaches.

Wrong (as usual).  Trump is a criminal and a traitor.  He will be removed by the voters in November and sent to prison.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, leftwinger said:

President Trump is testing the rule of law one week after his acquittal in his Senate impeachment trial, seeking to bend the executive branch into an instrument for his personal and political vendetta against perceived enemies.

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-seeks-to-bend-the-executive-branch-as-part-of-impeachment-vendetta/2020/02/12/8b712e18-4dc9-11ea-9b5c-eac5b16dafaa_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_trumppower-840pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory-ans


It remains to be seen if he leverage the IRS or NSA for revenge. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, leftwinger said:

Trump targets Judge Amy Berman Jackson ahead of Roger Stone’s sentencing

 

First he went after the prosecutors who recommended a multiyear sentence for his friend Roger Stone. Then President Trump turned his Twitter ire to the “witch hunt disgrace” of special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s investigation, which led to Stone’s indictment. But perhaps most surprising was Trump’s decision to target U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson — who will determine Stone’s fate when he appears in her courtroom next Thursday.

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/legal-issues/trump-takes-on-judge-amy-berman-jackson-ahead-of-roger-stones-sentencing/2020/02/12/753e2a6e-4db6-11ea-bf44-f5043eb3918a_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_jackson-725pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory-ans

Judge Amy Berman Jackson is doing a great job.  She's not going to change her decision for Trump.  Stone will be going to the crowbar motel for the amount of time she deems fit.  Count on it.  She's fearless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, leftwinger said:

President Trump is testing the rule of law one week after his acquittal in his Senate impeachment trial, seeking to bend the executive branch into an instrument for his personal and political vendetta against perceived enemies.

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-seeks-to-bend-the-executive-branch-as-part-of-impeachment-vendetta/2020/02/12/8b712e18-4dc9-11ea-9b5c-eac5b16dafaa_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_trumppower-840pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory-ans

Kind of like how Obama weaponized the FBI, IRS, CIA and other government agencies? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...