Warren calls for Barr's resignation

Senator Elizabeth Warren becomes the first Democratic presidential candidate to weigh in on the justice department reversal in the Roger Stone case. She says:

Donald Trump is shredding the rule of law in this country. His AG overruled career prosecutors to reduce the sentence for his buddy Roger Stone after Stone committed crimes to protect him. Every Republican who voted to acquit Trump for his corrupt actions enabled and owns this.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2020/feb/12/new-hampshire-democratic-primary-bernie-sanders-pete-beats-buttigieg-in-tight-race-live-coverage

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Senator Warren:  "Abusing official power to protect political friends and attack opponents is common in authoritarian regimes like Putin’s Russia. Trump and Barr’s conduct has no place in our democracy. To end it, Congress must act—and the American people must hold them accountable in November."

Just now, BatteryPowered said:

You mean she doesn't understand Congress has no authority to get involved in prosecutorial matters?  And she wants to be President.  Guess we're lucky she has no chance in hell of winning.

The Senate can get involved in anything it wants. 

You want a mafia don as president.

Most Americans do not.

12 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

Senator Warren:  "Abusing official power to protect political friends and attack opponents is common in authoritarian regimes like Putin’s Russia. Trump and Barr’s conduct has no place in our democracy. To end it, Congress must act—and the American people must hold them accountable in November."

I guess the fact that the man committed no crime doesn't sway your stupid @ss, one iota, does it?

5 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

I can't believe you were not banned from the forum. Guess I'll have to work harder at pushing you off.

What did I do?  Go talk to Sweden...they are the ones with the 15yo age of consent.  :lol:

Greta is legal pump meat in half of the US and 95% of the world

What rule did I break?  Please show me:rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

Warren did not say that. Read the text I posted.

You mean this one?

10 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

Congress can do nothing about the decisions already made.  They have absolutely no authority to overrule anyone in either of the other branches.  The ONLY thing they can do is impeach Barr...and watch the Senate acquit him faster than they acquitted Trump.

11 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

Fortunately she's not dealing with Jeff Sessions anymore. Barr will ignore her lamentations and carry on with Trump's planned revenge.  You will not be amused by what is coming. 

6 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

No, it can't.  They have absolutely no authority to get involved in sentencing recommendations or prosecutorial decisions.  

The Executive Branch and the Judicial Branch are NOT subordinate to Congress.

After Democrats voted for article 2 of the impeachment they certainly indicated they believed they are.

19 minutes ago, Duck615 said:

The lying bitch said what?

Warren hasn't talked much for her Medicare for All lately...

However she did say she'd start a commission to investigate Trump on day # 1....

14 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

Yes, which is what Warren said.

Really?  Point that out in her comment.  Besides, the Senate would probably laugh (literally) at impeaching someone who was exercising their legal authority and job description.  Remember, the AG is ultimately responsible for over-seeing the work of everyone in the DOJ.