The Leftist Media Falls All Over Themselves Trying To Cancel Rush Limbaugh, Fails Miserably

TBHWT

The Leftist Media Falls All Over Themselves Trying To Cancel Rush Limbaugh, Fails Miserably 
Humberto Fontova 

I’ll freely admit it, I teared up a bit while watching conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom from first lady Melania Trump during Tuesday night’s State of the Union address. As a wide-eyed college student working on his first political campaign only to be absolutely devastated when Bill Clinton upset George H.W. Bush in ’92, discovering and listening to the bombastic, confident Limbaugh pack more hard-hitting truths with half his brain tied behind his back than most mere mortals could with their entire faculties was comforting, encouraging, cathartic even. We were in the bunker together (“America held hostage,” remember?) - and we were going to mobilize and find a way out - and save America - together. Ever since then I’ve been a regular or semi-regular listener, and even when I couldn’t tune in, it was always good to know that millions of others were getting their daily dose of truth from the seemingly unstoppable El Rushbo.

Regardless of how many months or years Limbaugh has left to grace the airwaves, receiving the nation’s highest civilian honor was and will forever be the crowning point of a legendary 30-plus year broadcasting career, and watching the surprised, humble, almost childlike reaction from a 69-year-old who had likely seen and experienced everything but this was an emotional moment for me and doubtless many others. It was beautiful. However, since we have this movement in America called the political left, the aftermath was anything but. Rush Limbaugh, over the years, has arguably done more damage to the left than any person in the last 50 years, so here was a chance to exact a bit of revenge. True to form, it didn’t take long for the knives to come out as lefties trotted out the tried and true “racist” slander to try - for the umpteenth time over the past several decades - to “cancel” the legendary host.

Among the most absurd examples was New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, who called Limbaugh a “virulent racist” who doesn’t deserve such an “extraordinarily sacred” award: “And to do that and to give it to Rush Limbaugh when there were plenty of people in that audience that have contributed positively to the fabric of American society, much more frankly, than he has. But it’s red meat to his base — Trump knows what he is doing and he wants to assert that Rush Limbaugh is somehow on the same level as Rosa Parks. It’s truly nauseating, and this is one of the many reasons why I did not go.”

CNN’s Maegan Vazquez labeled the radio host “a very different Medal of Freedom” winner who “now joins the ranks of a long list of entertainers, athletes, academics, activists and heads of state to receive the medal. The elite group includes Rosa Parks, a civil rights pioneer, Elie Wiesel, a Nobel laureate and Holocaust survivor, and Mother Teresa, a literal saint.”

The New Yorker contended that, by honoring Limbaugh, Trump was “celebrating racial division.” “For the president of the United States to bestow one of the nation’s highest laurels on Limbaugh is a morally corrosive and politically cynical act,” wrote David Remnick. “It is a kind of assault on the achievements of so many previous award winners, a list that includes Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King, Jr., Václav Havel, Rosa Parks, and John Lewis. It is appalling to see Rush Limbaugh’s name listed alongside theirs.”

What a ridiculous, apples and oranges comparison, of course. One could have easily compared Limbaugh to the likes of radio legend Paul Harvey, who received the award in 2005 from George W. Bush. But no, we’re comparing him to Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King Jr. to own the cons. Incidentally, Limbaugh is only the third “radio” person to receive the distinction, and it’s hard to imagine any single individual (save Harvey) having as great an impact on the medium.

Rush’s critics surely realize that hundreds of Americans from all walks of life have received the Presidential Medal of Freedom, no? Take a moment to browse the list.

There are hundreds of names you’ll recognize. To scratch the surface, how about American celebrities like Ellen DeGeneres, Robert De Niro, Tom Hanks, Lorne Michaels, and Oprah Winfrey? They were all bestowed the medal by Barack Obama, who also awarded 13 musicians during his presidency, including Barbra Streisand and cellist Yo-Yo Ma. 

Before labeling someone with such an ugly word, it seems like a respectable journalist would want to have real evidence. For example, Rush’s longtime producer, Bo Snerdley, happens to be a black man. Here’s a thought: Maybe ask him?

Responding to an assertion by CNN’s Jim Acosta, Snerdley tweeted: “I just saw the footage from CNN's Jim Acosta saying Rush has a ‘history’ of saying disparaging things about African Americans. I have been in the studio with Rush for 30 years. I would like to formally challenge CNN and @Acosta to provide the list.”

But what of those “disparaging things”? Media Matters labeled Limbaugh as “a racist, misogynist, homophobe, conspiracy peddler and all around bad human being” in a mass email that linked to several comments and radio bits over the years that were supposedly offensive, items that were also mentioned by several of the aforementioned writers. We’ve heard them all, of course, including the hilarious yet politically-incorrect all-time classics “feminazis” and “infobabes” (I still laugh). 

I recently got the news of a family member who has cancer... I have been listening to Rush since 1990 and have called into his show on several occasions. When I heard the news of his cancer I got the same sick feeling in my stomach and became mildly depressed as I did when I heard about the member of my family. I am probably not alone in the close feeling I have for Rush as I'm sure millions have... For someone who you have never met who you only hear on the radio to invoke those kind of feelings that's a pretty dynamic individual. In my estimation he is more than deserving of the award. And to his detractors as far as I'm concerned they can go fuk themselves.

Just now, Squatchman said:

What a sad dead man walking rush is.

He's more of a man than you will ever be.   

"Brooks: Democrats ‘Paid a Political Price’ for Impeachment"

"He added, “When this started … Gallup had Trump approval at 39%. The latest Gallup number is 49%. That’s a gigantic leap. The Republican Party is more popular now than at any time since 2005. More Americans identify with the Republican Party than the Democratic Party now. And as Gallup — the Gallup, when they announced these numbers, they said, this is sort of what happened when Clinton was impeached. There’s something about this process that the American people don’t like, or some percentage of the American people. So, I think there was a political cost.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/02/08/brooks-democrats-paid-a-political-price-for-impeachment/

10 minutes ago, Squatchman said:

Looks like rush cancelled himself.

Looks like you're irrelevant to the conversation with your HATE AND LIES!!

How's it feel to be CANCELLED??

Because cancelling a SCHITSTAIN like you is really damn easy to do.

Pssst. You're a miserable, hate filled, bombastic little twerp that actually thinks people pay attention to your lies and bullschit.

1 minute ago, MidnightMax said:

Because cancelling a SCHITSTAIN like you is really damn easy to do.

Pssst. You're a miserable, hate filled, bombastic little twerp that actually thinks people pay attention to with your lies and bullschit

Threats?

From you?

Oh my!

I'm a so scared.

And since you replied it looks like you do pay attention to me.

Why you even quoted me.

Rush will still die soon.

Painfully and slowly.

We'll get to see the decline.

Why don't you go smoke a cigar in remembrance Max.

I'll send one to you after I send one to rush.

You'll need to get the pills from him though if you want to be like him.

Just now, Squatchman said:

Threats?

From you?

Oh my!

I'm a so scared.

Why you even quoted me.

Painfully and slowly.

Awwww, Looky EVERYONE!!!

What we have here is the "PERFECT" person telling everyone about how to HATE PEOPLE AND THINGS because they don't live HIS PERFECT LIFE!!!

You PROVE DAILY that your not even worthy of being POND SCUM, much less "perfect" as you think you are.

SUCK IT, SCHITSTAIN!!! Because you are about to be demoted from that too!!!

2 minutes ago, MidnightMax said:

Awwww, Looky EVERYONE!!!

What we have here is the "PERFECT" person telling everyone about how to HATE PEOPLE AND THINGS because they don't live HIS PERFECT LIFE!!!

You PROVE DAILY that your not even worthy of being POND SCUM, much less "perfect" as you think you are.

SUCK IT, SCHITSTAIN!!! Because you are about to be demoted from that too!!!

But yet you hang on every word I post.

Just think.

Rush is soon to be demoted from living.

And at your age you won't be far behind.

Where will I be?

Still alive.

Sounds perfect to me.

4 minutes ago, Squatchman said:

But yet you hang on every word I post.

Just think.

Rush is soon to be demoted from living.

And at your age you won't be far behind.

Where will I be?

Still alive.

Sounds perfect to me.

Just think, when you kick the can, you can't even name SIX PEOPLE to carry your rotting corpse to the grave!!!!

It must really SUCK being you and living in your world of HATE AND MISERY.

Pssst. Let me let you in on a "secret".

YOU have no clue when you day is coming as do NONE of us.

YOUR sucky life can be eliminated in less than a second, but it appears YOU are toooooo goddamn STUPID to know it!!!

AND wishing pain and demise on someone else, ONLY serves to cement your LACK OF CHARACTER and HATE FILLED SOUL as one you won't enjoy when your final outcome arrives.

19 hours ago, harryramar said:

rush is going to self-cancel.

I don't wanna be in his shoes when he transitions to the next life, he will have a lot of splainin' to do.

I'm sure he'll be welcomed with opened arms for exposing the truth about idiots like you.

5 hours ago, Squatchman said:

I also teared up some when I heard rush would be dead real soon.

Tears of mirth.

🤣

Karma is a bitch huh rush?

Here you go, typical leftist AH, another one that couldn't handle the truth about his kind.

LMAO

3 hours ago, Squatchman said:

Threats?

From you?

Oh my!

I'm a so scared.

Why you even quoted me.

Painfully and slowly.

The Leftist have attacked him from the beginning and tried to get him off the radio. Remember the Fairness Doctrine where every Conservative view had to be followed by a Liberal view but all the Liberal Talkshows folded because their views were crappy! Now we have the TV Late Night Jokesters that only stay on the air for their anti-Trump Bias. What will they do after Trump is gone in about 5 years? Rush said so!! 

5 hours ago, Squatchman said:

What a sad dead man walking rush is.

"Ellen DeGeneres, Robert De Niro, Tom Hanks" - and what exactly have any of these three done to deserve the Medal of Freedom? For the same people to slam Rush and be silent on these people shows (again) your hypocrisy. Rush was no question a pioneer in his field and almost single -handely saved AM radio.