annLee

Boycott >>> State of the Union Tonight

1 hour ago, annLee said:

Do not watch it live on TV. The State of the Union is NOT GOOD!

My wife and I tried to watch but turned it off after a few minutes. I believe it is the first time we have ever turned off a SOTU. This president has exhausted our ability to tolerate BS.

14 hours ago, Olivaw said:

My wife and I tried to watch but turned it off after a few minutes. I believe it is the first time we have ever turned off a SOTU. This president has exhausted our ability to tolerate BS.

Lies, and deception were the order of the night...thanks Nancy! 

I watched the whole thing.  Truth was a rare commodity.  He threw out red meat to the base.  Gave a scholarship to a token Black girl.  Reunited a family by bringing back a sergeant from Afghanistan, before his tour of duty was over;  Which was unfair to his fellow soldiers ...  But it served Der Trumpkopfk's purpose, so to hell with them, I guess.

All in all, half the speech was giving candy to plants in the audience, in return for adulation.  Quid Pro Quos are what Mein Trumpf does whether in Ukraine or Washington. 

In a bizarre moment, Melania who was sitting next to Rush Limbaugh, in the audience, pinned the Medal of Freedom right on top of his lungs.  Evidently smoking big, fat cigars all your life does give you cancer.

I had to laugh when Speaker Pelosi tore up the speech, at the end.  Mike Pence studiously avoided looking at her.

I listened a little on radio on my way home from work but turned it off once he started lying about previous administrations, the only thing worth seeing was Nancy Pelosi tearing that rag of a speech in half. Basically its done and over with this lying POS bastard he is so below the office hes disgraced now for 3 years people need to wake up and vote this prick out.

remembering Sonny Stitt at Baker's Keyboard Lounge in Detroit, MI 

sitting there in the front table by the stage, the music was so pure,

and I was just a kid, my first introduction to a jazz great

it sounded just like this