Sign in to follow this  
WillFranklin

These Are Some Of My Bowling Scores As They Hopefully Improve

Well my resolution for the 2020s is to be a much better bowler.

My best game is only a 245 then I had a big slump. So now I got a 14 pound ball and got it drilled perfect fit.

Today it was much better once I got the ball out in front of me good on the release. That was key. Punched it out for seven strikes in a row for 219.

The split in the second frame that I picked up was the 9, 10 so that was also an accomplishment.

Bowl-Jan292020.jpg

On 1/29/2020 at 2:58 PM, WillFranklin said:

Well my resolution for the 2020s is to be a much better bowler.

My best game is only a 245 then I had a big slump. So now I got a 14 pound ball and got it drilled perfect fit.

Today it was much better once I got the ball out in front of me good on the release. That was key. Punched it out for seven strikes in a row for 219.

The split in the second frame that I picked up was the 9, 10 so that was also an accomplishment.

the last year in a bowling league I averaged 205 left handed 185 right handed.

5 minutes ago, sole result said:

the last year in a bowling league I averaged 205 left handed 185 right handed.

Amazing. I have never averaged very high so far because I never miss league even when I am sick.

Also I am just learning how to bowl like a normal league bowler and lose some beginner habits.

6 minutes ago, WillFranklin said:

Amazing. I have never averaged very high so far because I never miss league even when I am sick.

Also I am just learning how to bowl like a normal league bowler and lose some beginner habits.

bowling is simple technique done the same way over and over, I had the raw talent to be professional mechanically, but my brain doesn't stay focused on one thing at a time and that is what limited me to the averages I had.

Plus I didin't like the rules one had to do to comply with being a pro bowler.  Kind of the same thing with anything socially done in groups. I have as much desire to lead as to be led to nowhere else but staying alive now.

Never believed in tomorrows and still have a wonderful life with frustration at being told I cannot know what I understand by everyone projecting living has to be larger than reproductively here at the same time as my only enemy..

1 minute ago, sole result said:

bowling is simple technique done the same way over and over, I had the raw talent to be professional mechanically, but my brain doesn't stay focused on one thing at a time and that is what limited me to the averages I had.

Plus I didin't like the rules one had to do to comply with being a pro bowler.  Kind of the same thing with anything socially done in groups. I have as much desire to lead as to be led to nowhere else but staying alive now.

Never believed in tomorrows.

I do not have much natural talent for bowling. Mine is all learned.

Just now, WillFranklin said:

I do not have much natural talent for bowling. Mine is all learned.

again, so was mine, 

You do a 4 step 5 step, 6 step delivery?

Do you use arrows or dots on the ally or look at the pins during release of the ball?

Do you understand how to control the roll of the ball after release by hand positin during the swing?

I can explain what you need to do, but getting it done is training your body muscle memory to do it every time regardless the pins on the alley and point of standing before delivery.

1 minute ago, sole result said:

again, so was mine, 

You do a 4 step 5 step, 6 step delivery?

Do you use arrows or dots on the ally or look at the pins during release of the ball?

Do you understand how to control the roll of the ball after release by hand positin during the swing?

I can explain what you need to do, but getting it done is training your body muscle memory to do it every time regardless the pins on the alley and point of standing before delivery.

4 step.

I look at the arrow to the right of the middle arrow when focusing on my shot.

I am working on my release which has some issues like I have trouble getting up under the ball leading up to the release, i am more out to the side.

21 minutes ago, WillFranklin said:

4 step.

I look at the arrow to the right of the middle arrow when focusing on my shot.

I am working on my release which has some issues like I have trouble getting up under the ball leading up to the release, i am more out to the side.

Ok, my average went up 10 pins using the dots between the foul line and arrows. my objective was to make the ball land at the dotes for a consistant getting the ball landing out in front of my feet. 

It also improved my always raising my sholders causing me to drop the ball at my feet instead of 5 feet out from the foul line.  Try that. 

Now with the hand position holding the ball, when right handed keep our thumb at the 10 oclock position fingers at 5. also remember shoulders need to be parallel to the foul line and arm swing perpendicular. Sholders leaned over the slinding foot with the ball landing just short of the dots and once you learn the constant curve of the ball don't look up at the pins until the ball goes over the dot. Look atht eh pins to establish where you stand to start and dots until after release.left handed is mirror right.

Now to change the roll of the ball you can rotate the hand so the palm is behind the ball or on the right side which generates more side spin with behind the ball does more full roller results and less snap last thrid of the alley.

Game is consistency period, so don't over complicate the approach and release. .

Oh, your last point, let your arm work like a grandfather clock pendulum as just the natural swing and getting the ball out by the dots will get you about a 10 to 15 mph without forcing it which in turn keeps your hand where you want it at release point.

got to take the emotions out of the game, get the mechanics right, score takes care of itself..

Damn I thought of something else, during practice bowling while doing your 4 step delivery, slide, glide, follow, through one word each ofthe four steps and once releasing the ball your kick out leg should be just about level with your shoulders.

My best games and most consistent bowling was accomplished from that position. when my brain wonders I stop doing that and end up standing up before release which turns my shoulders from being parallel to foul line and releasing the ball at the foul line destroying the desired roll that has the best effect on impact with the pins

I think this is why you have a problem with hand position.

Monday night 02/03/2020:

199, 169, 160 for 528 series.

That's about my old average so glad to be back on target.

Ready to improve more if I can.

38 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

The good thing about bowling is that perfection is impossible.

No one will ever score 18 in golf.

perfection is understanding how and why one fits in being eternally sorted apart now imperfections and all. sports and games creating winners and losers is about making people mind rules that throw life out of balance for the benefit of those in charge of directing outcomes based on tomorrow is a better day than any so far with living never existing beyond simultaneously alive since concieved into an ever changing people population now.

Bowling like golf comes with basically doing the same thing every time and align each swing to fit the result scores take care of themselves. least mistakes last the longest.

doing the sme mistake all the time removes faster than those correcting themselves from social misdirection.

Gee the larger they become the more are destroyed when it collapses. why does that parallel being in series with the concept of Karma. Xavier, you are a Mr. Hyde and never a Dr Jeckle.

If you knock over ALL the pins in bowling, then you score 300 and no one can or ever will score higher. If you score 300, that is a perfect game and is accomplished with no mistakes.

It has not ONE FOOKING THING to do with being "eternally sorted out" ( which, as I have explained many times, it impossible.

Bowling alleys are nearly identical, golf courses are not. Wind and weather affects golf, it does not affect bowling much.

You turn every topic into a blathering, senseless muddle, sole.