leftwinger

Schiff making the closing speech.

22 minutes ago, neue regel said:

The fact he couldn’t convince a single Republican or all the Dems suggests otherwise. 

They have not yet voted.  Very few senators of congressmen can be elected or re-elected  vast amounts of money, and McConnell and Trump's handlers have vast amounts of money to run a primary challenger against any Republican and or a Republican against even some Democrats.

The actual facts of the case are that Trump acted quite improperly and illegally, and  members of his party are afraid of challenging him. They will not vote on the facts they will vote out of FEAR. FEAR of a totally amoral and unprincipled man who wants to be dictator, and has  received billions of money from corporations and fatcats. DOnate a million and get it all back when OSHA and other federal agencies are understaffed and will not prosecute for fake deductions.

7 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

They have not yet voted.  Very few senators of congressmen can be elected or re-elected  vast amounts of money, and McConnell and Trump's handlers have vast amounts of money to run a primary challenger against any Republican and or a Republican against even some Democrats.

The actual facts of the case are that Trump acted quite improperly and illegally, and  members of his party are afraid of challenging him. They will not vote on the facts they will vote out of FEAR. FEAR of a totally amoral and unprincipled man who wants to be dictator, and has  received billions of money from corporations and fatcats. DOnate a million and get it all back when OSHA and other federal agencies are understaffed and will not prosecute for fake deductions.

The alternate view....this has been a three year insurance policy partisan sham orchestrated by people have made no secret of their desire to impeach Trump since day one. So motivated, in fact, that they would lie to a FISA court to illegally spy on the campaign. 

17 hours ago, neue regel said:

The alternate view....this has been a three year insurance policy partisan sham orchestrated by people have made no secret of their desire to impeach Trump since day one. So motivated, in fact, that they would lie to a FISA court to illegally spy on the campaign. 

The sumbitch had dozens of money laundering deals with Russian oligarchs, selling them condos for suitcases of cash. He needed to be surveilled.

3 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

The sumbitch had dozens of money laundering deals with Russian oligarchs, selling them condos for suitcases of cash. He needed to be surveilled.

Im sure we agree that, even if those were facts, it doesn’t excuse the lying to FISA. 

To my knowledge, the spying didn’t lead to crime around selling condos. 

1 minute ago, neue regel said:

Im sure we agree that, even if those were facts, it doesn’t excuse the lying to FISA. 

To my knowledge, the spying didn’t lead to crime around selling condos. 

We know nothing about  Trump's questionable dealings.  Trump needs to go.

1 minute ago, leftwinger said:

29% want Trump to be a dictator.

That is about accurate. Once you know that Republicans are hate everything falls into place. 

Just now, XavierOnassis said:

We know nothing about  Trump's questionable dealings.  Trump needs to go.

Perhaps the case could have been made to FISA for that instead of chasing other ghosts. 

Just now, leftwinger said:

29% want Trump to be a dictator.

That seems to be fairly accurate. If they do not add witnesses, it will lose Republicans many votes. Americans understand fairness.

Just now, XavierOnassis said:

Americans understand fairness.

The House thwarted Trump's attempt to subvert our democracy and place himself beyond the law.

13 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

That seems to be fairly accurate. If they do not add witnesses, it will lose Republicans many votes. Americans understand fairness.

I hope they get witnesses. Let's turn this into a two month long circus with Trump airing his defense for all to see. The American public has been force fed a diet of breathless lies about the president for three years, this trial, with witnesses could be a vehicle to expose all the corruption he has uncovered. 

Trump is the liar, Trump is the conman,Trump is the epitome of corruption.  If there are no witnesses permitted, then the trial will be seen as bogus and unfair.

2 hours ago, NeoConvict said:

I hope they get witnesses. Let's turn this into a two month long circus with Trump airing his defense for all to see. The American public has been force fed a diet of breathless lies about the president for three years, this trial, with witnesses could be a vehicle to expose all the corruption he has uncovered. 

Send it to McConnell: it’s your side working like schutzstaffel to block it. 

22 hours ago, leftwinger said:

Amazing day.  Much of it refuting every claim by Trump about his "perfect" phone call to Zelensky of Ukraine.

He and his managers have done a terrific job.

22 minutes ago, theLion said:

Send it to McConnell: it’s your side working like schutzstaffel to block it. 

NEOCON has pretty much convinced me he wants to make love to Trump*.

*Impeached.

3 hours ago, NeoConvict said:

I tend to think Durham will be a better vehicle to continue to expose what we’ve witnessed for three years. 

This was a very touching moment for me... toward the very end of Schiff's closing he mentioned that Tom Railsback, the former republican congressman from Illinois who broke the logjam and eventuated the resignation of Nixon had died earlier this week.  https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/22/us/politics/tom-railsback-dead.html

I hadn't seen the article before tonight.

Tom Railsback appointed me, a young 18 year old kid, to the Naval Academy in 1968.  He was a cool guy.

1 minute ago, maineman said:

This was a very touching moment for me... toward the very end of Schiff's closing he mentioned that Tom Railsback, the former republican congressman from Illinois who broke the logjam and eventuated the resignation of Nixon had died earlier this week.  https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/22/us/politics/tom-railsback-dead.html

Tom Railsback appointed me, a young 18 year old kid, to the Naval Academy in 1968.  He was a cool guy.

LYING POS both you and tommyfagboy

Wow. thanks for the story.

Just now, Duck615 said:

LYING POS both you and tommyfagboy

you are not qualified to lick the dog shit off of Tom Railsaback's shoes.

you are not qualified to lick the dog shit off of Tom Railsaback's shoes.

Ya you and him licked a lot of dog shit and dicks

Just now, leftwinger said:

Schiff talking about moral courage being more rare than courage on the battlefield. He was right.

I agree.  I fear that it will be rare to the point of extinction in the senate this week.  The GOP is dead.  It has become the clown's party... and they will follow him as he drunkenly careens from dumpster fire to dumpster fire.