Giving people money and free things only perpetuates poverty.

“...I am for doing good to the poor, but... I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it.

I observed... that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.”

- Benjamin Franklin -

1 minute ago, dontlooknow said:

Yes I used to believe that three years ago. Get with the new me zo9. This is old news. 

dontlooknow

dontlooknow

•  
  • 93,157 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:36 PM

No im rich. Made more money today than what youll make in a life time.
Im rich bitch.
Or humm hummm. No im a job creator.
Give me another tax cut.

Funny how zo9 can't get passed the fact I'm not a right winger anymore. 

dontlooknow

dontlooknow

•  
  • 93,511 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:18 AM

Just as long as I dont have to pay for it. Cut corporate and top income bracket. The poor will kill and steal from you not me. When you have hungry masses of people tell them that you have nothing because people stole it from you with roving bands of hungry and desperate people. I have security.

1 minute ago, Z09 said:

dontlooknow

dontlooknow

•  
  • 93,511 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:18 AM

Just as long as I dont have to pay for it. Cut corporate and top income bracket. The poor will kill and steal from you not me. When you have hungry masses of people tell them that you have nothing because people stole it from you with roving bands of hungry and desperate people. I have security.

I told dope I invest in demostic oil and gas.

Next dope will say he has as many oil rigs as he does burger joints.  :)

On the surface, it would seem that giving to the less fortunate is the compassionate and right thing to do. If they are actively trying to better themselves then yes, it could be. However, having been on the street I have seen first hand that these supposedly starving and destitute types are anything but that. 

Revenue can't increase deficit. You are correct. But cutting revenue can increase deficit. 

No it cannot.  Not cutting spending (expenses) creates and increases a deficit.  You really should have someone explain Statement of Activities of a government entity.

2 minutes ago, dontlooknow said:

If I have to collect ten dollar to have a balanced budget. Then I cut two dollars and give it in a tax cut I run a two dollar deficit. It's very simple to understand. It's not that hard. 

No...you run a two dollar deficit because you did not cut two dollars in spending.

def·i·cit
noun

an excess of expenditure or liabilities over income or assets in a given period.