Jump to content

Officials Agree:: Afghan War Utter Failure & Embarrassment


Recommended Posts

US officials lie and distort to mislead gullible public about Afghan war, confidential documents reveal.....

However, Americans still worship THE DC SWAMP WAR COMPLEX

 

''''In the interviews, more than 400 insiders offered unrestrained criticism of what went wrong in Afghanistan

and how the United States became mired in nearly two decades of warfare. '''''

 

''''We were devoid of a fundamental understanding of Afghanistan - we didn't know what we were doing,” '''''':huh:

 

'''''What are we trying to do here? We didn't have the foggiest notion of what we were undertaking.”

If the American people knew the magnitude of this dysfunction'''''

 

''''An 18-year, trillion-dollar conflict was known to be failing from an early stage.

This knowledge was concealed from the public.''''

 

'''''US officials failed to tell the truth about the war in Afghanistan throughout the 18-year campaign,

making rosy pronouncements they knew to be false and

hiding unmistakable evidence the war had become unwinnable'''''

 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/afghanistan-war-leak-us-military-trump-obama-bush-administration-a9239256.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, CrimeaRiver said:

US officials lie and distort to mislead gullible public about Afghan war, confidential documents reveal.....

However, Americans still worship THE DC SWAMP WAR COMPLEX

 

''''In the interviews, more than 400 insiders offered unrestrained criticism of what went wrong in Afghanistan

and how the United States became mired in nearly two decades of warfare. '''''

 

''''We were devoid of a fundamental understanding of Afghanistan - we didn't know what we were doing,” '''''':huh:

 

'''''What are we trying to do here? We didn't have the foggiest notion of what we were undertaking.”

If the American people knew the magnitude of this dysfunction'''''

 

''''An 18-year, trillion-dollar conflict was known to be failing from an early stage.

This knowledge was concealed from the public.''''

 

'''''US officials failed to tell the truth about the war in Afghanistan throughout the 18-year campaign,

making rosy pronouncements they knew to be false and

hiding unmistakable evidence the war had become unwinnable'''''

 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/afghanistan-war-leak-us-military-trump-obama-bush-administration-a9239256.html

I must be going insane: we agree on something. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, slideman said:

You would think we might have learned a lesson from the Soviet experience in Afghanistan.

 

8 minutes ago, theLion said:

I must be going insane: we agree on something. 

Any thinking person left or right should be anti-war....its philosophically and morally the ONLY stance

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, CrimeaRiver said:

US officials lie and distort to mislead gullible public about Afghan war, confidential documents reveal.....

However, Americans still worship THE DC SWAMP WAR COMPLEX

 

''''In the interviews, more than 400 insiders offered unrestrained criticism of what went wrong in Afghanistan

and how the United States became mired in nearly two decades of warfare. '''''

 

''''We were devoid of a fundamental understanding of Afghanistan - we didn't know what we were doing,” '''''':huh:

 

'''''What are we trying to do here? We didn't have the foggiest notion of what we were undertaking.”

If the American people knew the magnitude of this dysfunction'''''

 

''''An 18-year, trillion-dollar conflict was known to be failing from an early stage.

This knowledge was concealed from the public.''''

 

'''''US officials failed to tell the truth about the war in Afghanistan throughout the 18-year campaign,

making rosy pronouncements they knew to be false and

hiding unmistakable evidence the war had become unwinnable'''''

 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/afghanistan-war-leak-us-military-trump-obama-bush-administration-a9239256.html

The Independent on Sunday referred to itself as a "proudly liberal newspaper"

 

I don't like the Afgan war either...but Trump didn't invent that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, personreal said:

The Independent on Sunday referred to itself as a "proudly liberal newspaper"

 

I don't like the Afgan war either...but Trump didn't invent that.

hundreds of news sites presented this story and quotes.  Tucker spent 15 minutes on this last week.  Coulter wrote the same article.

 

Leave, go home. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CrimeaRiver said:

hundreds of news sites presented this story and quotes.  Tucker spent 15 minutes on this last week.  Coulter wrote the same article.

 

Leave, go home. 

And when they report something you don't like then you flip.

 

Stop whining and go home.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, slideman said:

 

Like I said, civil wars.

 

If 200,000 Right wing Christians had tried to violently overthrow Bammy....hell would have rained down on them and their families. 

 

Think harder Slidey :) Stop being myopic

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CrimeaRiver said:

 

Like I said, civil wars.

 

If 200,000 Right wing Christians had tried to violently overthrow Bammy....hell would have rained down on them and their families. 

 

Think harder Slidey :) Stop being myopic

That is not what happened in chechnya. They were agitating for autonomy. Putin massacred civilians. You are a moral bankrupt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, slideman said:

That is not what happened in chechnya. They were agitating for autonomy. Putin massacred civilians. You are a moral bankrupt.

Yer cute....and if 100s of 1000s of right wing Texans were agitating (with weapons - you downplayed it significantly) for autonomy under Bammy??

 

lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...