Should medicaid for all cover people who smoke, use illicit drugs, drink in excess, are non-compliant with medications, are obese, live sedentary lifestyles?

Since much of our healthcare costs are associated with poor lifestyle choices, what are the consequences going to be for people who refuse to be healthy? 

Basically, you want your freedom to drink, smoke and do drugs while someone else gets the bill. 

I say we cancel their coverage if they continue unhealthy lifestyle choices. You want the government to have full control over your healthcare? They need FULL control over your lifestyle. 

• 1 month later...

Obviously those paying the bill should have some say in how the resource is managed. If I have to pay your medical bills it isn't fair that you to make all the important decisions...say goodby to individual liberty. You are part of the collective now.

Just now, Michaelf said:

Obviously those paying the bill should have some say in how the resource is managed. If I have to pay your medical bills it isn't fair that you to make all the important decisions...say goodby to individual liberty. You are part of the collective now.

Exactly. 

Poor people want the freedom to live unhealthy lifestyles while someone else gets to pay their bill for them. 

Nope. I’d drop their coverage. You want to live like a pig, you pay for it. 

I've said it before. Freedom is dangerous. If you screw up you could get yourself killed. Many people today don't have the stomach for it. They'd rather be a pet...like my dogs. They don't have to sorry about food, shelter or healthcare. I provide it all. Well, I provide what I want to provide and they have to live within the fences that I set up. They're pets.

Lots of people today want to be pets of the government rather than free self governing people.