king of the county

Trump adds 8 from House to defense team

White House adds eight House Republicans to Trump impeachment team

| January 20, 2020 08:40 PM

Eight Republican members of the House have joined President Trump's impeachment team ahead of his Senate trial.

The White House released the names of the lawmakers on Monday night. They include Reps. Doug Collins of Georgia, Mike Johnson of Louisiana, Jim Jordan of Ohio, Debbie Lesko of Arizona, Mark Meadows of North Carolina, John Ratcliffe of Texas, Elise Stefanik of New York, and Lee Zeldin of New York.

"Throughout this process, these Members of Congress have provided guidance to the White House team, which was prohibited from participating in the proceedings concocted by Democrats in the House of Representatives," the White House said in a statement. "The President looks forward to their continued participation and is confident that the Members will help expeditiously end this brazen political vendetta on behalf of the American people."

The lawmakers will likely not speak on the Senate floor during the trial, as Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell opposed the idea. Rather, each member will aid Trump's defense in other ways, which could include speaking to the media and advising the White House.

The rest of Trump's impeachment team, which was announced last week, will include two former independent counsels, Ken Starr and Robert Ray, and constitutional law professor Alan Dershowitz. The team will be led by White House counsel Pat Cipollone.

The Senate is expected to vote on the rules governing the trial on Tuesday.

I hope that one of them that was in Schiff's inquisition hearings stands up and starts quoting all the exculpatory evidence that Schiff omitted from his cherry picked data releases

14 hours ago, Golfboy said:

I hope that one of them that was in Schiff's inquisition hearings stands up and starts quoting all the exculpatory evidence that Schiff omitted from his cherry picked data releases

They should just yell liar at him every time he talks 

29 minutes ago, king of the county said:

They should just yell liar at him every time he talks 

It's goin' to be a blood-bath...

democrat-adam-schiff-is-a-LEAKER-mja--49

Ha!

Just like tramp

1 of the ConMans Lawyers...Jay Sekulow

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Charity finances[edit]

In November 2005, Legal Times published an article which alleged that Sekulow "through the ACLJ and a string of interconnected nonprofit and for-profit entities, has built a financial empire that generates millions of dollars a year and supports a lavish lifestyle—complete with multiple homes, chauffeur-driven cars, and a private jet that he once used to ferry Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia." In the article, former donors and supporters claimed that Sekulow engaged in a pattern of self-dealing to finance his "high-flying lifestyle." According to a ranking by the American Institute of Philanthropy, a charity watchdog group, Sekulow was the 13th highest paid executive of a charitable organization in the United States.[5]

ACLJ's and CASE's tax returns show that between 1998 and 2011 they paid more than $33 million to Sekulow, members of his family, and businesses owned or co-owned by them;[19] from 2011 to 2015, the two charities paid $5.5 million to Sekulow and members of his family, and $23 million to their businesses.[14] Since 2011, donations to ACLF are routed through Sekulow's family-run CASE,[14][20] and many "transactions that benefit members of the Sekulow family are disclosed on the CASE returns, but not the ACLJ's."[19][20] Between 2011 and 2015, the ACLJ, the "public face of the two nonprofits," collected nearly $230 million in charitable donations.[14]

On June 27 and 28, 2017, The Guardian reported that documents obtained by them confirmed later that "millions in donations" were steered to his family members,[21] that Sekulow "approved plans to push poor and jobless people to donate money to his Christian nonprofit, which since 2000 has steered more than $60m to Sekulow, his family and their businesses",[21] and that attorneys general in New York and North Carolina opened investigations of Sekulow's CASE for possibly using pressure tactics in telemarketer calls to raise money which was allegedly misdirected to Sekulow and his family.[22]

I can't believe I watched Pat Cippolone stand in the well of the Senate, and tell an absolute LIE.  He said that "no republicans were allowed into the SCIF when Schiff's committee was deposing witnesses".  I am simply stunned that a member of the bar would strand in front of a solemn proceeding being presided by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court and LIE.  Mindboggling.

1 minute ago, maineman said:

I can't believe I watched Pat Cippolone stand in the well of the Senate, and tell an absolute LIE.  He said that "no republicans were allowed into the SCIF when Schiff's committee was deposing witnesses".  I am simply stunned that a member of the bar would strand in front of a solemn proceeding being presided by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court and LIE.  Mindboggling.

Your opinion he lied... You cocksucker.

Just now, Duck615 said:

Your opinion he lied... You cocksucker.

fact.  Republicans WERE allowed in the SCIF.  

17 minutes ago, maineman said:

Of course Republicans were allowed - any Republicans on that committee.  No one on the committee was excluded.  You're 100% correct.   

33 minutes ago, maineman said:

Ur opinion

3 minutes ago, RollingRock said:

Of course Republicans were allowed - any Republicans on that committee.  No one on the committee was excluded.  You're 100% correct.   

I remain totally stunned that the president's lawyer just flat out lied right in front of Chief Justice Roberts and every member of the Senate.

What I will NOT be stunned by will be the "so what" response to such grossly unethical and inappropriate behavior by ALL of the righties on here.

They ALL have put loyalty to this orange grifter over their loyalty to the constitution and to their fellow countrymen.

Just now, Duck615 said:

Ur opinion

NO... the transcripts of the depositions taken in the SCIF document the republican congressmen's participation.

37 minutes ago, maineman said:

He meant all republicans or any republicans wanting to attend 

1 minute ago, king of the county said:

He meant all republicans or any republicans wanting to attend 

how the fuck do YOU know what he meant?

The ONLY members for EITHER party that were allowed in the SCIF were the members of the committees conducting the deposition.  Extraneous democratic onlookers were kept out just like republicans.

13 minutes ago, maineman said:

how the fuck do YOU know what he meant?

The ONLY members for EITHER party that were allowed in the SCIF were the members of the committees conducting the deposition.  Extraneous democratic onlookers were kept out just like republicans.

I pulled that out of my ass just for you 

19 minutes ago, maineman said:

I remain totally stunned that the president's lawyer just flat out lied right in front of Chief Justice Roberts and every member of the Senate.

What I will NOT be stunned by will be the "so what" response to such grossly unethical and inappropriate behavior by ALL of the righties on here.

They ALL have put loyalty to this orange grifter over their loyalty to the constitution and to their fellow countrymen.

The blatant dishonesty is both staggering and disheartening.  

1 minute ago, king of the county said:

I pulled that out of my ass just for you 

it smelled like it.

Just now, RollingRock said:

The republican party has become the clown mob.... it is all one giant criminal enterprise with one purpose: the enrichment of the crime boss.

1 minute ago, maineman said:

The republican party has become the clown mob.... it is all one giant criminal enterprise with one purpose: the enrichment of the crime boss.

All i know is Hillary ain’t in the White House

4 minutes ago, king of the county said:

All i know is Hillary ain’t in the White House

I believe you.  I have no problem whatsoever imagining the admitted scope of your knowledge is just that narrow.

8 minutes ago, maineman said:

I'd like to see John Roberts step in at some point.  He's always struck me as an honest, fair-minded conservative (the seem to be an endangered species these days).  This is unfortunately headed towards becoming a sham trial.  I hope I'm wrong....

12 minutes ago, RollingRock said:

SO WHAT ???          😊