slideman

the senators know Trump is guilty

Just now, NeoConvict said:

Pressure was applied. Funds were illegally withheld. Hardball. Funds were released, impoundment act has no criminal penalties associated with it. Trump didn't make the laws but he is using them ruthlessly. 

You openly admit you support Trump knowing he willfully breaks the law. You are the problem.

2 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

Pressure was applied. Funds were illegally withheld. Hardball. Funds were released, impoundment act has no criminal penalties associated with it. Trump didn't make the laws but he is using them ruthlessly. 

"Faithful execution of the law does not permit the President to substitute his own policy priorities for those that Congress has enacted into law," the GAO wrote.

At least you acknowledge they were illegally withheld, which would be the pertinent issue.  Never mind abusing the power of the office for his own personal/political benefit by targeting Biden.

3 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

You openly admit you support Trump knowing he willfully breaks the law. You are the problem.

Give the law some teeth. Stop bitching about Trump taking advantage of the same law routinely ignored by his predecessors. 

1 minute ago, NeoConvict said:

Give the law some teeth. Stop bitching about Trump taking advantage of the same law routinely ignored by his predecessors. 

Impeached. Senate Trial. You're the bitch.

1 minute ago, jrock2310 said:

"Faithful execution of the law does not permit the President to substitute his own policy priorities for those that Congress has enacted into law," the GAO wrote.

At least you acknowledge they were illegally withheld, which would be the pertinent issue.  Never mind abusing the power of the office for his own personal/political benefit by targeting Biden.

Sure there was personal political benefit to investigating Biden but you would be a fool to say such an investigation, particularly if it uncovered criminal wrongdoing, wouldn't be in the national interest as well. This wasn't a personal favor he was asking for. He didn't ask for dirt on the Bidens to use in campaign speeches. He asked for a criminal investigation. Big difference. 

1 minute ago, leftwinger said:

Impeached. Senate Trial. You're the bitch.

Partisan impeachment means nothing and will be worn as a badge of honor, a purple heart earned fighting the domestic enemies of America. 

On 1/19/2020 at 12:33 PM, Duck615 said:

Clinton lied to the American public FACT

Trump has lied to the public 16 thousand times

On 1/19/2020 at 11:29 AM, slideman said:

They know damn well he is guilty. We will see who has a spine and who respects their oath.

First off, no they don't. Secondly, what is he guilty of? Even if the two charges are true, they are not offenses worthy of being removed from office, especially less than a year from the next election. 

5 minutes ago, onlyaladd said:

5000 of those were about being illegally surveilled by the fbi. Looks like he was right about those, care to adjust the count?

1 hour ago, NeoConvict said:

Sure there was personal political benefit to investigating Biden but you would be a fool to say such an investigation, particularly if it uncovered criminal wrongdoing, wouldn't be in the national interest as well.

Sure!  But we’re a country of laws.  We don’t go around investigating people on a hunch.  You need evidence to support an investigation.  An investigation TRUMP DIDN’T WANT!   He wanted them to announce an investigation, so you could come here and stir the pot.

Mission accomplished!

...But but but whattabout  hunter's billion dollar a month job!?!?

Nepotism.  Just like Jared & Ivankas role in the WH.

This wasn't a personal favor he was asking for. He didn't ask for dirt on the Bidens to use in campaign speeches.

Then why freeze the funds?  Why doesn’t trump currently have evidence of wrongdoing?   Why not ask US agencies to investigate?   Why did multiple witnesses concur that trump doesn’t “give a shyt” about Ukraine?

Let it go.

He asked for a criminal investigation. Big difference. 

A criminal investigation into a political rival for which he had no evidence of wrongdoing.  

What part of this don’t you get?

Ukraine *IS* a corrupt country.  And trump is asking a corrupt country to investigate an American for something there is no evidence for ... and doing so he could smear him in ads or his tractor pulls.

AND... an investigation he had no intentions of them carrying out.  Witnesses testified he just want the announcement of an investigation.

You’re going to have to come to terms w/ all this.  Trump is shady.  Just accept it.

You can still love him & acknowledge he is shady & corrupt.    

59 minutes ago, onlyaladd said:

Prove it asswipe

15 minutes ago, jrock2310 said:

We don’t go around investigating people on a hunch.

We investigate on hunches and circumstantial evidence all the time! It's probably more often than not that investigations start without clear evidence of criminal wrongdoing. 

17 minutes ago, jrock2310 said:

An investigation TRUMP DIDN’T WANT!   He wanted them to announce an investigation, so you could come here and stir the pot.

I don't think that talking point holds water. In the current media environment an announcement of a Ukraine investigation into Burisma would perhaps get a week of headlines at best. Trump obviously believes that an investigation would be fruitful. Changing the headlines for a few days wouldn't be worth the risks he took.

20 minutes ago, jrock2310 said:

Then why freeze the funds?  Why doesn’t trump currently have evidence of wrongdoing?   Why not ask US agencies to investigate?   Why did multiple witnesses concur that trump doesn’t “give a shyt” about Ukraine?

He wanted maximum pressure applied. I agree Trump doesn't care about Ukraine any more than he cares about any other eastern European nations. He only focused on Ukraine because of the possibility of criminal wrongdoing by the Bidens. His focus is definitely on domestic issues. He wants us to have less foreign entanglements and pointless wars.

23 minutes ago, jrock2310 said:

You’re going to have to come to terms w/ all this.  Trump is shady.  Just accept it.

I accept he's a deeply flawed self promoting carnival Barker with a loose relationship with the truth. He's still the most effective conservative president in generations. I appreciate that.

6 hours ago, jrock2310 said:

They’ve already proved their case.  Trump did these things.  That is settled.  What the house is asking for is *MORE* evidence to further support their case.  The fact that the senate will acquit trump is secondary to the fact that he committed these acts.  

That's retarded. The president was fully within his power to inquire about pretty obvious corruption and actually pressure a foreign country to investigate it. 

This is OJ part 2.

The senate doesn’t have to if they don’t have evidence or don’t want to call evidence.  But they must allow the house to submit.  Ergo - why mitch is playing w/ the post-trial ruling.

1) Eric holder was not president.  He withheld evidence on behalf of the president, dummy. 

2) Obama EP’d to protect names & sources from leaking for the purposes of protection. Sure he did. You don't think it was impeachable to sell weapons to criminals who then used said weapons to murder Americans?????? HAHAHAHAHAHA But you think inquiring about corruption is....You're a real DUMBASS. 

3) Trump *IS* the potus suppressing evidence, he himself says they have.  Ergo- trump knows its damning to him.  Otherwise, what’s the point?

No one is arguing what the rights of a potus are.  I am asking do you think trump is suppressing evidence bcus its a nothing burger? He's exercising his executive privilege which he has THAT RIGHT and the appropriate way for the house to challenge is through the courts. They abandoned their option. You're attempting to claim Trump must prove his innocence. That's not how it works retard, no matter how many of your retarded leader claim Trump needs to prove his innocence. 

6 hours ago, jrock2310 said:

You are avoiding answering this like the plague bcus you know there is no logical explanation.   If there was an inkling of evidence available that could even be skewed, he’d be all over twitter w/ it.  Kinda like how he tried to manipulate the transcript to suggest that if he released it, its somehow absolves him. 

Yes, see point one which we’ve discussed a thousand times already. Yes. We're familiar with the left's ridiculous logical fallacy of Trump needing to prove his innocence. 

The case is made. No, it's not made.  The evidence being requested now are building blocks to an already steady foundation.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....A steady foundation of second hand info and speculation created and by a collusion of democrats. But since the senate is steadfast in the pre-trial biases... they don’t want MORE evidence to appear in front of the American people.  And its not bcus its flattering to the potus, its bcus we already know it to be damning.  Bcus it concurs w/ what we already know and have confirmed through previous evidences and witnesses. You literally have nothing. Second hand evidence and speculation. You haven't even HEARD the other side of the story because the democrats suppressed due process in the house. 

You and I are talking as individuals on a message board.  We are not trial lawyers defending clients.  Innocent until proven guilty and due process are built into the constitution. You idiots violated Trump's constitutional rights which is a good part of the reason why he will be acquitted. 

Are you or are you not interested in seeing the blocked evidence?  Are you okay living oblivious to what is out there? No. I'm not interested in what's protected by executive privilege. I EXPECT the president to address obvious corruption in a country were getting ready to hand hundred of millions of dollars to. No investigation was ever announced. The Ukrainian president has stated he felt no pressure, did not know the aid was being withheld AND met with the president after all. Are you concerned about the REAL REASON democrats have perpetrated this farce???? The ILLEGAL SPYING of a presidential candidate and president????? The MADE UP Russian collusion between Trump and Russia???????? The entrapment democrats within the intelligence community attempted to perpetrate on a political opponent?????? THAT is your constitutional crisis. THAT is your immediate threat to democracy you MORON. Democrats are an immediate threat to our democracy. 

17 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

We investigate on hunches and circumstantial evidence all the time! It's probably more often than not that investigations start without clear evidence of criminal wrongdoing.

Those are known as illegal. 

I don't think that talking point holds water. In the current media environment an announcement of a Ukraine investigation into Burisma would perhaps get a week of headlines at best.

Oh mean like we wouldn't be talking about it right now, as we post?

👏Trump👏Didn’t👏Want👏An👏Investigation👏He👏Wanted👏To👏Gaslight👏His👏Base👏

Trump obviously believes that an investigation would be fruitful.

So much so he just wanted an announcement, & not an actual investigation?

And one where witnesses testified he doesn’t really “give a shyt” about Ukraine.

Changing the headlines for a few days wouldn't be worth the risks he took.

You mean it wouldn’t be worth having the likes of you here... still defending his actions, even after multiple witnesses concur & testify to the contrary?

He wanted maximum pressure applied. I agree Trump doesn't care about Ukraine any more than he cares about any other eastern European nations. He only focused on Ukraine because of the possibility of criminal wrongdoing by the Bidens.

For which he has no evidence of.  Name one other country trump championed international corruption prior to the phone call....

trump doesn’t give a shyt about anything but donald trump.  What in his entire 73 yrs gives you the impression that he gives a shyt about anyone but himself?

His focus is definitely on domestic issues. He wants us to have less foreign entanglements and pointless wars.

🤣🤣🤣 so much so that he reneged on a nuke deal that was working in accordance to the IAEA.  So much so that he stirred the pot w/ a despot, kim jong un.  And another time he escalated tensions w/ iran that we had to send an additional 3000+ troops.

I accept he's a deeply flawed self promoting carnival Barker with a loose relationship with the truth. He's still the most effective conservative president in generations. I appreciate that.

Giving him the honor of the most effective republican potus is like winning the tallest midget award.

2 hours ago, NeoConvict said:

Sure there was personal political benefit to investigating Biden but you would be a fool to say such an investigation, particularly if it uncovered criminal wrongdoing, wouldn't be in the national interest as well. This wasn't a personal favor he was asking for. He didn't ask for dirt on the Bidens to use in campaign speeches. He asked for a criminal investigation. Big difference. 

There is no way Joe Biden could be found guilty of anything in the US by the Ukrainians. He fired a corrupt prosecutor and was supported by the major European countries. Hunter Biden accepted a well paying job.Again, he did not violate any US laws, and if he were convicted, it would not even serve to deter others.

Is there any evidence that Hunter Biden was personally bagging US funds?  If so not one has mentioned it.

Neither of the Bidens could be convicted of anything.

All Trump wanted was dirt. Trump cares only  about Trump.

3 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

There is no way Joe Biden could be found guilty of anything in the US by the Ukrainians. He fired a corrupt prosecutor and was supported by the major European countries. Hunter Biden accepted a well paying job.Again, he did not violate any US laws, and if he were convicted, it would not even serve to deter others.

Is there any evidence that Hunter Biden was personally bagging US funds?  If so not one has mentioned it.

Burisma is the new Benghazi

Poor quid pro Joe and his son Hunter... shaking in their boots as we speak!!

1 hour ago, XavierOnassis said:

Pretty much correct, there is no smoking gun but there is plenty of circumstantial evidence. Enough to warrant an investigation. Trump didn't ask for dirt, he clearly pressured Ukraine for a criminal investigation. A fact his defense is sure to hammer home.