So the SPCA Showed Up At My Door The Other Evening - Hawkin' an "Evil Puppy Mills" Campaign...

So the SPCA shows up at my door the other evening, hawkin' an "Evil Puppy Mills" campaign...

It consisted of a cute Liberal girl and her beta-male companion.

The beta-male, no doubt from the same hive as TrumpBeGoneSoon, stammers and struggles to introduce his mistress, who was obviously the one wearing the "big girl" panties.

Then she starts in on her evil puppy mill speech.

I listened politely for a minute, and then interrupted her saying that I do my part and don't use puppy mills, and that I was in the middle of something and needed to get back to her.

Obviously, my generous donation was more important than either my time or my something, as she happily launched back into her speech.

So I told them that I had cats.

The beta-male pipes up excitedly and says that they rescue cats all the time as well!

Bless it's little heart.

By this time, my something was no-doubt wondering where I'd gotten off to, so I decided to end the unsolicited interruption.

I waited for the girl to pause for breath, and then asked her how she felt about Abortion... and then, how her rescue program dovetailed into the PETA practice of euthanizing near 100% of their non-adopted rescue pets?

The cute Liberal girl just stood there doing that "goldfish out of water" thing with her mouth... and I'm not sure, but I think the beta-male peed itself.

I smiled and thanked them for caring, and then closed the door on them and went back to my waiting something.

14 minutes ago, Blue Devil said:

So the SPCA shows up at my door the other evening, hawkin' an "Evil Puppy Mills" campaign...

It consisted of a cute Liberal girl and her beta-male companion.

The beta-male, no doubt from the same hive as TrumpBeGoneSoon, stammers and struggles to introduce his mistress, who was obviously the one wearing the "big girl" panties.

Then she starts in on her evil puppy mill speech.

I listened politely for a minute, and then interrupted her saying that I do my part and don't use puppy mills, and that I was in the middle of something and needed to get back to her.

Obviously, my generous donation was more important than either my time or my something, as she happily launched back into her speech.

So I told them that I had cats.

The beta-male pipes up excitedly and says that they rescue cats all the time as well!

Bless it's little heart.

By this time, my something was no-doubt wondering where I'd gotten off to, so I decided to end the unsolicited interruption.

I waited for the girl to pause for breath, and then asked her how she felt about Abortion... and then, how her rescue program dovetailed into the PITA practice of euthanizing near 100% of their non-adopted rescue pets?

The cute Liberal girl just stood there doing that "goldfish out of water" thing with her mouth... and I'm not sure, but I think the beta-male peed itself.

I smiled and thanked them for caring, and then closed the door on them and went back to my waiting something.

great story. ty for sharing it 

8 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

We have a NO SOLICITING sign by the door.  I just tell anyone who still rings/knocks that it is my practice not to support organizations represented by people who are too stupid to read.

Outstanding!

Have considered that sign.

But figured that it doesn't happen very often, and you never know, it might be something important like the NRA or the Scouts.

I don't really believe this story.  The SPCA doesn't solicit door to door.  No charity does that.

WHO’S BEHIND IT: The ads look simple, if surprising: a watchdog group attacking the Humane Society of the United States because it doesn't fund shelters for kittens and puppies. The backstory is more complicated. HumaneWatch is the group whose name is on the posters, but read the fine print and you’ll see that the ads are paid for by the Center for Consumer Freedom, a nonprofit that gets funding from the food and beverage industry and that also has campaigned against PETA and the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine. The Center is run by longtime D.C. lobbyist Richard Berman, whose firm and handful of affiliated nonprofits for years have targeted unions, as well as anti-smoking, anti-drunken driving and anti-obesity groups.

WHY NOW?  The ads are part of an anti-HSUS campaign that also includes Internet, radio and TV spots, though Berman says there’s no specific reason he’s pushing this month.

THE ENEMY: Berman calls the Humane Society “perhaps one of the more deceptive groups” his organization tracks. The Center for Consumer Freedom, he says, has found based on HSUS tax returns that only 1 percent of the organization’s funds go to the local pet shelters it promotes—far less than it puts into executive salaries, pension plans and even offshore accounts. Humane Society CEO Wayne Pacelle calls the whole campaign “swift-boating on steroids,” pointing out that the HSUS doesn’t claim to be a shelter charity, and mainly funds national initiatives like wildlife rehab, sanctuaries, veterinary services, as well as lobbying, trade shows, training and a bimonthly magazine. It’s the Humane Society’s farm animal advocacy—lobbying against confining crates and the sale of horse meat, for instance, or encouraging companies to use ethically sourced meat—that Pacelle says has run afoul of Berman and the food and farming companies that back him.    

Puppy mills suck. Unless you are into raising dogs for show, the AKC and the whole pedigreed thing is unnecessary. And no one who shows dogs messes with puppy mills.Many pedigreed dogs tend to be creatures whose genes are so mutated that they could not survive without a lot of visits to the vets. Pugs and teensy yappy dogs in particular.

So far as I know, there are no kitty mills. Cats can be lovable pets, but other than rodent control, they are mostly ornamental.

If more people adopted dogs and cats, they would not have to euthanize so many. And the SPCA  neuters all adopted pets, so they do serve a useful function. It is not theASPCA's fault that there are fewer  people who want to adopt pets than the number of pets they have available.

All my cats and dogs were adopted or simply porch cats who became pets.

According to the SPCA, they have had problems with scammers going door to door. Virginia Beach SPCA has warned that scammers were going door to door, and stated that they never do this.  

SPCA urges caution with door-to-door solicitations

The SPCA for Monterey County has received multiple reports of people soliciting door to door asking for donations to the humane society. These fundraisers are not being performed on behalf of the SPCA, and it appears they are fraudulent.

The reports received by the SPCA were from Prescott Avenue in Monterey and Surf Avenue in Pacific Grove. All the instances took place this week. The solicitors told residents they were fundraising for the local humane society and asked for donations to end puppy mills. One solicitor was wearing a fake badge. Two residents reported the solicitors as demanding and aggressive.

The SPCA urges residents to be cautious when answering door to door solicitations. Please contact your local police department if this happens or has happened to you.

8 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

If someone came to my door like BlueDevil describes, I would politely listen and then say I am not interested and that I was busy with my life. the few times that political volunteers have came to my house, I have done the same. 

Yes, but charities don't do this.  It was just some people looking for beer money for Friday night.

That is why people will not give money to people swarming cars at stop lights, with handwritten signs that say "Help Hungry Kids.". The only ones I give to are Fire Department's " Fill the Boot, " Kiwanis, etc.

2 minutes ago, LoreD said:

Yes, but charities don't do this.  It was just some people looking for beer money for Friday night.

That is why people will not give money to people swarming cars at stop lights, with handwritten signs that say "Help Hungry Kids.". The only ones I give to are Fire Department's " Fill the Boot, " Kiwanis, etc.

"With official SPCA tags/badges/PDA's, and campaign circulars..."

I would say that is pretty convincing. To go through all the trouble to round up/fabricate these items just for beer money.. I guess it is possible but improbable.

In 40 years, I have been visited for only three people who were running for the lower house of the FL legislature.All other visits were by Jehovah's Witlesses asking me to agree with them whether the world was in a terrible state. I usually disagreed with this and told them about far worse states that the world has been in: Bubonic plagues, the winter of starvation in the Netherlands, Pol Pot,  The massacres at wounded Knee and Sand Creek, Andersonville prison camp. They were not interested in history.

I pointed out that according to Official Witless pronouncements, only 144,000 people would ever get to Heaven, and those were pretty bad odds.

It is conceivable that the SPCA visited Blue Devil. I would put the odds at three to one against.

2 minutes ago, Blue Devil said:

With official SPCA tags/badges/PDA's, and campaign circulars...

The SPCA has stated that people are showing up with " fake badges" and that people should call the police.

A color printer, and they are all set for funding beer night.

5 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

I would say that is pretty convincing. To go through all the trouble to round up/fabricate these items just for beer money.. I guess it is possible but improbable.

It may have well been a scam...

Avoid the scam: These 'aggressive' door-to-door solicitors aren't with the SPCA

...The scammers claim to be raising money for the SPCA, she said in a press release warning about the possible scam Thursday.

"We do not solicit door-to-door," she said.

Residents told the SPCA that the alleged solicitors are "demanding and aggressive, most recently knocking on doors at 8 and 9 in the evening," Brookhouser said....

All the better.

Ha!

1 minute ago, XavierOnassis said:

In 40 years, I have been visited for only three people who were running for the lower house of the FL legislature.All other visits were by Jehovah's Witlesses asking me to agree with them whether the world was in a terrible state. I usually disagreed with this and told them about far worse states that the world has been in: Bubonic plagues, the winter of starvation in the Netherlands, Pol Pot,  The massacres at wounded Knee and Sand Creek, Andersonville prison camp. They were not interested in history.

Somewhat unrelated but I had a Jehovah's Witness that would not leave me alone. He would ring the doorbell over and over again at 8 am. I worked graveyard shift and got home at 7:30 am and so this was particularly irritating. Had I owned a gun, I may have shown it to him as a form of gentle persuasion. However, I did not. Finally, I answered the door fully nude. Being that he was an older gentleman, he was quite shocked. I followed him down the sidewalk in broad daylight. He never came back.

3 minutes ago, LoreD said:

The SPCA has stated that people are showing up with " fake badges" and that people should call the police.

A color printer, and they are all set for funding beer night.

You may very well be correct.

Thank you.

Have a cookie.

1 minute ago, Blue Devil said:

It may have well been a scam...

Avoid the scam: These 'aggressive' door-to-door solicitors aren't with the SPCA

...The scammers claim to be raising money for the SPCA, she said in a press release warning about the possible scam Thursday.

"We do not solicit door-to-door," she said.

Residents told the SPCA that the alleged solicitors are "demanding and aggressive, most recently knocking on doors at 8 and 9 in the evening," Brookhouser said....

All the better.

Ha!

no way of knowing 100% for sure but I would say that from reading your OP, not sure there is a better way to handle it.

8 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Not really.  Half an hour to download and print a bunch of stuff off a website.  The badges are easy.  I worked at a high school, and a kid was making  forged parking tags with a printer and a laminater.  He sold 20 of them for $50.  He did pretty well with it until he got caught.

Whenever any of these people show up at my door like PETA or Jehovah Witnesses I always say the same thing to them, "Could you hold on for a minute, I'll be right back, I'm right in the middle of sacrificing a small animal." Invariably they never seem to be at my door when I go back there after a minute or two.