Why the f did Inhofe not vote on HR 5430 USMCA implementation Act?

5 minutes ago, king of the county said:

Wtf?   He’s 85 he needs to retire and go ti the old folks home 

He represents Hawaii. My guess is that he thinks that the deal does not benefit his constituents.

It is not the obligation of any congressperson to slavishly do whatever the president wants.

Being as you have not read the treaty and know nothing about how it might not benefit the people of his district, you would look smarter if you would just STFU about it.

10 minutes ago, king of the county said:

He’s 85 he needs to retire and go ti the old folks home 

Does he?  He said this back in October:

Today, House Democrats passed a partisan resolution opening a formal inquiry after weeks of secret hearings and meetings.

It didn’t get a single Republican vote.

Pelosi’s resolution doesn’t follow the historical precedent of the Clinton and Nixon impeachment process in three important ways that show how partisan this effort is:

First, this resolution doesn’t allow President Trump’s lawyers to participate in hearings and see evidence. Clinton and Nixon were both given this right, but House Democrats are not allowing President Trump’s lawyers to do this.

Second, this resolution doesn’t give House Republican subpoena power, which the minority was allowed to do in the Nixon and Clinton impeachments. Instead, House Republicans must get Democrats’ permission to subpoena a witness.

Third, this resolution was not crafted on a bipartisan basis. There was no input from Republicans in this document. In the Clinton and Nixon impeachments, the minority was involved in the entire process, but that is not the case today.

What their resolution says is this: Trump doesn’t get due process now, he might get some later…but only if the Democrats feel like it.

This is unacceptable. The Democrats made up their mind to impeach Trump three years ago before he even took office.

They want to remove President Trump from office no matter the facts.

They want to play political games.

We aren’t going to let that happen. We stand with President Trump.

Sounds rather right minded, King.

11 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

He represents Hawaii. My guess is that he thinks that the deal does not benefit his constituents.

It is not the obligation of any congressperson to slavishly do whatever the president wants.

Being as you have not read the treaty and know nothing about how it might not benefit the people of his district, you would look smarter if you would just STFU about it.

You're way off.  He represents Oklahoma and he is a republican.   See i don’t just call out the democrats.  Ice been one for 35 years 

1 minute ago, BeAChooser said:

Does he?  He said this back in October:

Sounds rather right minded, King.

Obviously Inhofe has a good reason to vote against it.

Kingaroo knows nothing about this. I said that Inhofe represented Hawaii, and Kingaroo was unaware that this is incorrect: he is from Oklahoma.

I do not know what Inhofe's motives were, but I doubt that it was because he was 85 years old.

I imagine that he feels that it is not in Oklahoma's best interests.

Perhaps he was bribed.

But the reality is that he has no reason to play monkey see-monkey do with Trump. No senator does. Trump is not his commanding officer.

1 minute ago, king of the county said:

He represents Oklahoma and he is a republican.   See i don’t just call out the democrats.

You have begun to learn how to google, that is a good sign. Congratulations!

But why do you think he should vote with Trump just because he is a Republican?

It is still pretty dumb of you to criticize the man if you know nothing about him.

7 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

You have begun to learn how to google, that is a good sign. Congratulations!

But why do you think he should vote with Trump just because he is a Republican?

It is still pretty dumb of you to criticize the man if you know nothing about him.

I just want him to vote period!   It’s impeachment jeeez wtf 

22 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Kingaroo knows nothing about this.

Yet you're the one that claimed Inhofe represented Hawaii.

22 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Kingaroo was unaware that this is incorrect: he is from Oklahoma.

False.  

Almost immediately after you claimed Inhofe represents Hawaii, King posted this: "You're way off.  He represents Oklahoma and he is a republican."

It was you who was confused, XO.    

And now you're spinning, hoping to hide the fact that you were thinking of Senator Daniel Inouye (D-Hawaii).

Maybe this will help your memory, XO.  

Recall that Inhofe was the Senator whose private plane propeller just happened to come off during a flight to meet with Bill Clinton in 1999.

22 minutes ago, BeAChooser said:

Yet you're the one that claimed Inhofe represented Hawaii.

False.  

Almost immediately after you claimed Inhofe represents Hawaii, King posted this: "You're way off.  He represents Oklahoma and he is a republican."

It was you who was confused, XO.    

And now you're spinning, hoping to hide the fact that you were thinking of Senator Daniel Inouye (D-Hawaii).

Maybe this will help your memory, XO.  

Recall that Inhofe was the Senator whose private plane propeller just happened to come off during a flight to meet with Bill Clinton in 1999.

It is pretty stupid for Kingaroo to criticize Inhofe  for not slavishly voting for Trump;s treaty when he did not bother to investigate.

25 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

His son PERRY Inhofe died in that crash. The Senator, JAMES Inhofe was not aboard.

Were you thinking of THIS incident?

Misconduct while piloting an aircraft in 2010

Trained by the U.S. Navy, Inhofe is one of the few members of Congress holding a Commercial Airman certificate. In 1994, when he first ran for the U.S. Senate, he used his plane as a daily campaign vehicle to travel throughout Oklahoma and visit almost every town in the state.[104] He has been influential in Senate and Congressional debates involving aircraft regulation.[105]

On October 21, 2010, at the age of 75, Inhofe landed his Cessna on a closed runway at a south Texas airport, scattering construction workers who ran for their lives. In a recorded telephone call, the men's supervisor told the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) that Inhofe "scared the crap out of" the workers, adding that the Cessna "damn near hit" a truck. And the airport manager, also speaking to the FAA in a recorded telephone call, opined: "I've got over 50 years flying, three tours of Vietnam, and I can assure you I have never seen such a reckless disregard for human life in my life. Something needs to be done. This guy is famous for these violations."[106]

In response to the incident, Inhofe stated that he "did nothing wrong", and accused the FAA of "agency overreach" and causing a "feeling of desperation" in him. He agreed to take a remedial training program, and the FAA agreed not to pursue legal action against him if he took the program. In July 2011, Inhofe introduced a bill to create a "Pilot's Bill of Rights", which he said would increase fairness in FAA enforcement actions.[107] The bill was passed in 2012.[108]

1 hour ago, XavierOnassis said:

His son PERRY Inhofe died in that crash. The Senator, JAMES Inhofe was not aboard.

Were you thinking of THIS incident?

LOL!  No,  I was referring to this incident ...

https://oklahoman.com/article/2652868/plane-mishap-grounds-inhofe

Plane Mishap Grounds Inhofe

CHARLES T. JONES

Published: Sun, May 9, 1999 12:00 AM

CLAREMORE - U.S. Sen. Jim Inhofe felt "an explosion," and the propeller spun off his single-engine airplane Saturday morning as he flew to meet President Clinton in storm-ravaged Oklahoma City.

I gave you all the clues you needed to find it.  

The year it happened.  

The bit about the propeller. 

His flying to meet Clinton.

But, instead, you conflate two other unrelated crashes involving Inhofe's family in a snarky response designed to dismiss what happened in 1999.   Yes, there was a incident in 2010 involving Senator Inhofe but the crash that killed his son Perry occurred in 2013, BOZO.   Both are described in Wikipedia (obviously your *source* for this conflation) this way ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Inhofe#Misconduct_while_piloting_an_aircraft_in_2010

Trained by the U.S. Navy, Inhofe is one of the few members of Congress holding a Commercial Airman certificate. In 1994, when he first ran for the U.S. Senate, he used his plane as a daily campaign vehicle to travel throughout Oklahoma and visit almost every town in the state.[104] He has been influential in Senate and Congressional debates involving aircraft regulation.[105]

On October 21, 2010, at the age of 75, Inhofe landed his Cessna on a closed runway at a south Texas airport, scattering construction workers who ran for their lives. In a recorded telephone call, the men's supervisor told the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) that Inhofe "scared the crap out of" the workers, adding that the Cessna "damn near hit" a truck. And the airport manager, also speaking to the FAA in a recorded telephone call, opined: "I've got over 50 years flying, three tours of Vietnam, and I can assure you I have never seen such a reckless disregard for human life in my life. Something needs to be done. This guy is famous for these violations."[106]

... snip ...

Personal life

... snip ...

On November 10, 2013, Inhofe's son, Dr Perry Inhofe, died in a plane crash in Owasso, Oklahoma, flying alone for the first time since training in a newly acquired plane.

You conflated the two.   So ... contrary to what you suggested, the plane crash that killed his son occurred in 2013, not 2010.   And it had NOTHING to do with the crash that leftist Wikipedia called "misconduct while piloting".    Nor did your response have ANYTHING to do with the propeller flying off his plane in 1999.  So once again, you prove you are an idiot, XO.

3 hours ago, king of the county said:

And 10 voted against it?   Have these 10 submitted a bill to improve NAFTA?

Inholfe was absent from the Senate today for a family medical emergency. 

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/sen-inhofe-absent-for-trump-impeachment-trial-opening-because-of/article_52530a29-ffc2-544f-a63d-c2d70e9a67a9.html