laripu

Right wing plans to infiltrate liberal sites

One article on it here:  https://woldcnews.com/922112/scheming-gop-site-plans-to-infiltrate-liberal-sites-with-trolls/

It's not only the GOP doing it.

The Daily Stormer playbook, which you can read about on HuffPost here, talks about how their goal is to dehumanize Jews and non-whites, and to desensitize whites to racism in all forms.

You'll likely recognize some of these tactics, especially memes:

From the Daily Stormer playbook:

5a301b1d1600004800cf0cf0.png?ops=scalefi

5a3024551500001f0049b48d.png?ops=scalefi

Women are also often dehumanized, but Jews are blamed for feminism:

From the Daily Stormer playbook:

5a3016741600002100c4f861.jpeg?ops=scalef

6 hours ago, laripu said:

The Daily Stormer playbook, which you can read about on HuffPost here, talks about how their goal is to dehumanize Jews and non-whites, and to desensitize whites to racism in all forms.

Diabolical.

This ruthless white supremacy takes on a more dangerous aspect each day the Trump administration is in power.  Trump has called Neo-Nazis "Very fine people".

2 hours ago, bludog said:

Diabolical

The worst part is that areas like this LO room will no longer be safe from trolls.

It may eventually come down to it that if you want an environment free from trolls, you'll have to pay for it.

Neo-nazis and white supremacists and KKK know that good people won't go to their filthy web sites or buy their filthy books. But they have no problem dirtying up the areas that good people inhabit. And where they can't go, they will relentlessly vilify, like that do to what they call "main-stream media", which is really the responsible media.

One other thing about trolls that push a particular idea. Repeatedly hearing an idea, even a ridiculous discredited idea, makes people susceptible to believing it.

Look at the studies this article describes: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/02/27/why-facts-dont-change-our-minds

Facts matter, but people make up their minds based on what makes them feel better. It's rarely "My failure is my fault. I should have informed myself. I'll do better next time." More often it's "I'd have succeeded if it weren't for X". Where X stands for immigrants or Mexicans, or Muslims, or Jews, or Blacks, or women.

How often have we heard men who beat their wives that it's the wife's fault for making them angry?

How often have we heard people victimizer others, then blame the victims for the results of the victimization?

44 minutes ago, laripu said:

The worst part is that areas like this LO room will no longer be safe from trolls.

We'll see about that.

11 hours ago, laripu said:

A few of our members  in NHB may subscribe to the Daily Stormer methodology of hate promotion.

Yeah some I believe have already infiltrated us here on OLF, those wackadoodles in NHB are really beginning to seem like Trump and Russian Bots. 

22 minutes ago, zkyllonen8 said:

Yeah some I believe have already infiltrated us here on OLF,

Where in LOF?  And if you have any idea ... who?

8 hours ago, bludog said:

Where in LOF?  And if you have any idea ... who?

Yeah I meant to Just say LF in general. I don't think anyone here in LO room is a russian bot or Republican Troll. But the closer we get to election day the more trolls we are likely to see.