The Killing Of Gen. Qassim Suleimani

16 minutes ago, bludog said:

Surely you jest. 

Nevertheless.  Although nearly constantly under attack, First Testament Israel never achieved empire anything near at least a half-dozen others in the Mideast region of the ancient world.  Assyria, Egypt, Hittites, Phoenicia, Ancient Iran, Babylonia.  And that's to say nothing of even larger empires, outside the Mideast region like the Roman Empire, or the Mongols, under Genghis Khan, for instance.   In modern times, the British Empire, Soviet Union, US world domination and brief Nazi Reich.

Neither in biblical or modern times has Israel ever remotely exhibited a lust for world domination or even modest empire.

I wish you were their leader then.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, WillFranklin said:

Just the murder of Soleimani has destabilized Iran, and made them appear dangerous to those who are uneducated,

Very true.

30 minutes ago, WillFranklin said:

that was Trump's Zionist intention.

If there is any "Zionist intention", it is peripheral to Trump's obvious purpose:  1 - To obtain the political benefit, that war usually brings in an election year.  2 - To distract from the middle of an impeachment proceeding.

Here's evidence of #1:

One of Trump's many peculiarities is frequent projection.  Trump once claimed that Obama, if his popularity fell far enough, would start a war with Iran.  Trump's prediction fell short.  But that is exactly what Trump is doing now.  He is taking his own advice and courting war with Iran, for political gain.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/01/03/what-trump-has-said-about-iran-what-it-means-now/?arc404=true

3 minutes ago, WillFranklin said:

I wish you were their leader then.

They might throw me under the bus for opposing Israeli settlement on the West Bank, pressing for better treatment of Palestine and advocating compulsory military service for Heredi Jews;  Among other prog goals. 

Everyone knows that's why I don't become their leader.  (Just kidding).

2 minutes ago, bludog said:

They might throw me under the bus for opposing Israeli settlement on the West Bank, pressing for better treatment of Palestine and advocating compulsory military service for Heredi Jews;  Among other prog goals. 

Everyone knows that's why I don't become their leader.  (Just kidding).

Talk to you after bowling. 

I was sick last week so I got a couple more points handicap for bad bowling, much of which came from just bad luck after actually hitting pocket. Now to hopefully take advantage...

4 hours ago, WillFranklin said:

The lies to justify the Zionist murder of Soleimani are evolving and contradictory, as Zionist lies always are.

The killing of Soleimani had nothing to do with Zionism and everything to do with Trump distracting from impeachment. Maybe not even that because Trump ordered the killing seven months ago, conditional on whether they're was an American death, reported by NBC.

The expression "Zionist lies" is prejudicial, because there are plenty of Zionist that are good people. Millions in fact, because nearly all the Jews in Israel and nearly all the Jews elsewhere in the world are Zionists, meaning they support the existence of Israel as a Jewish homeland.

There are 14.6 million Jews in the world and likely 14 million visit themselves Zionists. It isn't a dirty word for them, like you're using it. I happily say I'm a Zionist because I support the existence of Israel as a Jewish homeland.

But it's interesting that you keep using such a divisive term.

Since you're talking about 95% of Jews, c why don't you just say Jews? Why do you have antipathy for 95% of all the Jews in the world?

5 hours ago, WillFranklin said:

This act by Trump was obviously a Zionist act of war and his exact philosophy of fighting Israel's endless religious war for them with our workers and their tax dollars instead of providing us health coverage.

With all due respect, but serious question.  Are Zionist conspiracy theories really going to be the main ideas you tie to nearly every subject in LO?  With your understanding of the complexities of health care and economics, for example, you are capable of bringing much higher quality fare to the table.

4 hours ago, WillFranklin said:

Iran wants peace but Israel wants the globe.

Really? And you say in another post that your evidence is the Bible?

So you really think that when you add up all the Jews in the world, 0.2% of the global population, that this tiny slice wants to control the world. Or maybe just Israel ... Less than 0.1%.

Who else propagates that conspiracy theory? Who are your brethren in these convictions? Show us the websites where you learned this.

2 hours ago, bludog said:

With all due respect, but serious question.  Are Zionist conspiracy theories really going to be the main ideas you tie to nearly every subject in LO?  With your understanding of the complexities of health care and economics, for example, you are capable of bringing much higher quality fare to the table.

After very extensive study of health care, and the economy, foreign affairs, government in general, and all of the players, along with certain life experiences, I have come to certain startling conclusions.

These are mine and are the result of much insight and I intend to share them out of love for my country.

18 minutes ago, WillFranklin said:

After very extensive study of health care, and the economy, foreign affairs, government in general, and all of the players, along with certain life experiences, I have come to certain startling conclusions.

These are mine and are the result of much insight and I intend to share them out of love for my country.

I hope they are not based on conspiracy theories.

1 hour ago, WillFranklin said:

45 minutes ago, WillFranklin said:

There are no conspiracies going on at all anywhere in the world, right?

So based on the Zionist conspiracy theories in this and other threads, I'm guessing there will be few surprises.

10 minutes ago, bludog said:

So based on the Zionist conspiracy theories in this and other threads, I'm guessing there will be few surprises.

Have you ever wondered who is at the top making everyone else work so hard for so little money and then endure an expensive wasteful private health insurance system that takes all of their meager earnings? Or you can go fight in a war.

Have you ever wondered why war is such a fiscal priority, far above health care, and that we conveniently have one certain type of enemy we are tasked to destroy around the world now?

34 minutes ago, WillFranklin said:

Have you ever wondered who is at the top making everyone else work so hard for so little money and then endure an expensive wasteful private health insurance system that takes all of their meager earnings? Or you can go fight in a war.

Without a doubt it is the corporations, the very wealthy, and the politicians in their pockets.

34 minutes ago, WillFranklin said:

Have you ever wondered why war is such a fiscal priority, far above health care, and that we conveniently have one certain type of enemy we are tasked to destroy around the world now?

Oil.

“They say he left troops in Syria... do you know what I did? I took the oil,”  "The only troops I have are taking the oil, they are protecting the oil"

---  Donald Trumpduring a during Fox News interview                                                

1 hour ago, WillFranklin said:

That's typical racist right wing insinuating questioning that's meant to elicit the answer "Jews".

Here is a list of America's billionaires: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Americans_by_net_worth

You'll probably find that 20% to 25% are Jews. I haven't checked myself. If that's surprising to you note that Jews comprise at least 20% of Nobel laureates. See https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jewish_Nobel_laureates

What that means is that in average, Jews work hard, think hard and achieve big things at a very high rate.

There are reasons for that, not the least of which is the 2000 years of persecution, which resulted in (un)natural selection, selectively killing off the stupidest for 100 generations.

Honi soit qui mal y pense.

1 hour ago, bludog said:

Oil.

“They say he left troops in Syria... do you know what I did? I took the oil,”  "The only troops I have are taking the oil, they are protecting the oil"

---  Donald Trumpduring a during Fox News interview                                                

A mere byproduct.

39 minutes ago, WillFranklin said:

A mere byproduct.

Crude oil is the opposite of a byproduct.  It is the source for byproducts.  A byproduct would be an incidental or secondary product made in the manufacture or synthesis of something else. Oil is the source for a vast multiplicity of byproducts, including the different polymers (plastics), aromatics, a range of solvents like turpentine, benzine, toluene and synthetic rubbers, used in tires, hoses and pvc piping the world over.  To say nothing of refined oil for fuel.

This confusion over the uses of crude oil as a source, parallels the misunderstanding of what causes economic inequality, in the world.  Choosing Judaism as a scapegoat, is buying into medieval, religious superstition.

3 hours ago, laripu said:

It's not Judaism he's chosen to scapegoat. It's Jews, the tribe, whether religious, secular, or atheist.

It's right out of the Daily Stormer playbook: blame everything on Jews.

I have never been to such garbage sites.

My discovery of the ravages of expensive expansive Zionism on the USA is my own.

And it is a global philosophy that I detest.

And people in the United States actually unnecessarily fear and revere Israel when it is simply another country.

No more special people, or special land, with special privileges, is all I am saying.

And judging by the apartheid subjugation of dissidents in non-Democratic Israel that fairness will not happen soon.

But more and more we are not allowed to even speak negatively about Israel in the U.S. the cover up for their atrocities is piled so high, deep, and thick here now.

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2017/05/israel-palestine-democracy-apartheid-discrimination-settler-colonialism?fbclid=IwAR24Z7sp1V7HAuv4pwAMAXWgehO-HlPzNGFgfAJM0B9-8hEAyY_7VGCvtgI

The claim to being a democracy is also questionable when one examines the budgetary policy surrounding the land question. Since 1948, Palestinian local councils and municipalities have received far less funding than their Jewish counterparts. The shortage of land, coupled with the scarcity of employment opportunities, creates an abnormal socioeconomic reality.

For example, the most affluent Palestinian community, the village of Me’ilya in the upper Galilee, is still worse off than the poorest Jewish development town in the Negev. In 2011, the Jerusalem Post reported that “average Jewish income was 40 percent to 60 percent higher than average Arab income between the years 1997 to 2009.”

Today more than 90 percent of the land is owned by the Jewish National Fund (JNF). Landowners are not allowed to engage in transactions with non-Jewish citizens, and public land is prioritized for the use of national projects, which means that new Jewish settlements are being built while there are hardly any new Palestinian settlements. Thus, the biggest Palestinian city, Nazareth, despite the tripling of its population since 1948, has not expanded one square kilometer, whereas the development town built above it, Upper Nazareth, has tripled in size, on land expropriated from Palestinian landowners.

Further examples of this policy can be found in Palestinian villages throughout Galilee, revealing the same story: how they have been downsized by 40 percent, sometimes even 60 percent, since 1948, and how new Jewish settlements have been built on expropriated land.

Elsewhere this has initiated full-blown attempts at “Judaization.” After 1967, the Israeli government became concerned about the lack of Jews living in the north and south of the state and so planned to increase the population in those areas. Such a demographic change necessitated the confiscation of Palestinian land for the building of Jewish settlements.

Worse was the exclusion of Palestinian citizens from these settlements. This blunt violation of a citizen’s right to live wherever he or she wishes continues today, and all efforts by human rights NGOs in Israel to challenge this apartheid have so far ended in total failure.

The Supreme Court in Israel has only been able to question the legality of this policy in a few individual cases, but not in principle. Imagine if in the United Kingdom or the United States, Jewish citizens, or Catholics for that matter, were barred by law from living in certain villages, neighborhoods, or maybe whole towns? How can such a situation be reconciled with the notion of democracy?

ouse demolition is not a new phenomenon in Palestine. As with many of the more barbaric methods of collective punishment used by Israel since 1948, it was first conceived and exercised by the British Mandatory government during the Great Arab Revolt of 1936–39.

This was the first Palestinian uprising against the pro-Zionist policy of the British Mandate, and it took the British army three years to quell it. In the process, they demolished around two thousand houses during the various collective punishments meted out to the local population.

Israel demolished houses from almost the first day of its military occupation of the West Bank and the Gaza Strip. The army blew up hundreds of homes every year in response to various acts undertaken by individual family members.

and on and on....

1 hour ago, laripu said:

It was HuffPost.

And what it describes is what you do.

The reference was to another site to which I was commenting and the article was nonsensical, like the claim you make against me.

7 hours ago, laripu said:

What that means is that in average, Jews work hard, think hard and achieve big things at a very high rate.

There are reasons for that, not the least of which is the 2000 years of persecution, which resulted in (un)natural selection, selectively killing off the stupidest for 100 generations.

Honi soit qui mal y pense.

That sounds like a statement of racial or ethnic superiority. America should be teaching equality.

9 hours ago, WillFranklin said:

That sounds like a statement of racial or ethnic superiority. America should be teaching equality.

The only racial statements are the ones where you blame everything on Jews.

The 2000 years of persecution Jews have experienced is a fact. You can read about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_antisemitism

Also a fact is that many professions were denied to Jews, leaving them with money-lending, and cross-border trade. Since in those days poor people died earlier than those who did well, that was preferential for Jews who were good at the things those professions needed:  literacy, numeracy and multilingualism.

It's a racist thing to create conditions for a minority and then blame them for it. Those conditions were created for Jews by 100 generations of persecution.

There is no superiority, because at any point in a changing environment different things become more or less fit for the environment. There is only fitness for an environment and environment's change; there is no such thing as superiority.

For example, if climate change causes mass desertification and global heat, then a better adaptation than literacy, numeracy and multilingualism would be the adaptation that would allow people to live with little water and in great heat. I suspect middle eastern Arabs would be better at that than European Jews, since many have lived in that environment for many generations.

And the point is:  If you want to know why there are so many Jewish billionaires, the answer is: persecution.

19 hours ago, laripu said:

That is a racial superiority statement plain and simple. America is bigger than that. We shed white supremacy and we can shed all other types of supremacy as well with no apologies.

And I have no apologies.

38 minutes ago, WillFranklin said:

That is a racial superiority statement plain and simple.

No it is not. It is a statement about persecution. Your kind of talk encourages that kind of persecution.