annLee

Impeach The Dump

Trump has embarrassed us in and out of this country. I am so embarrassed if/when I go overseas and declared who I am. He must be impeach and remove from this position. He needs to go back to his Game program and do what he does best >>> being stupid and dumb!

I'm guessing I can safely say, everyone in this room is with you in spirit.

Talking to people abroad becomes far easier when you tell them how embarrassed and ashamed you are of Trump. We can’t explain why so many Americans support the man, but at least we explain that we’re not all deplorable.

People are counting on us to dump Trump in November. 

54 minutes ago, Olivaw said:

Talking to people abroad becomes far easier when you tell them how embarrassed and ashamed you are of Trump. We can’t explain why so many Americans support the man, but at least we explain that we’re not all deplorable.

Yes. 

I was living in Bodrum Turkey in 2003 during the first invasion of Iraq.  I was taking an outdoor class in Turkish when a gang of young men singled me out of the British and Dutch expats and demanded loudly "Why did you invade Iraq".  I replied that "I am one of the many Americans who opposed the invasion.  But what can I do about it?"  The gang continued rampaging through the streets, looking for a culpable American, possibly, on which to vent their spleen.

I was very lucky.  In addition Erdogan had just been elected  I left Turkey shortly thereafter, never to return.

6 hours ago, bludog said:

I was living in Bodrum Turkey in 2003 during the first invasion of Iraq.  I was taking an outdoor class in Turkish when a gang of young men singled me out of the British and Dutch expats and demanded loudly "Why did you invade Iraq".  I replied that "I am one of the many Americans who opposed the invasion.  But what can I do about it?"  The gang continued rampaging through the streets, looking for a culpable American, possibly, on which to vent their spleen

I had a similar thing happen in April of 2002. I was Toulouse, France, on business that lasted a couple of months. My co-workers and I shared a car, so some days I had to take a cab to work. Having lived most of my life in Montreal, I speak French, so I always talked to the cab drivers. It was often something like "Your Mister Bush, why did he invade Afghanistan?" and I would respond something like "And your Monsieur Chirac, what would he do if someone destroyed the Eiffel Tower and killed thousands? Would he run to his Maman with tears?" The cab drivers were not sophisticated people, and generally this was a winning line of thought for them.

Iraq would have been harder to defend, after no weapons of mass destruction were to be found.

At the time I had lived in the United States for only five years and was not yet a US citizen, just a green card holder. If I ever have to travel internationally in the coming years, I won't be able to defend Trump. Maybe I won't have to.

11 hours ago, laripu said:

I had a similar thing happen in April of 2002. I was Toulouse, France, on business that lasted a couple of months. My co-workers and I shared a car, so some days I had to take a cab to work. Having lived most of my life in Montreal, I speak French, so I always talked to the cab drivers. It was often something like "Your Mister Bush, why did he invade Afghanistan?" and I would respond something like "And your Monsieur Chirac, what would he do if someone destroyed the Eiffel Tower and killed thousands? Would he run to his Maman with tears?" The cab drivers were not sophisticated people, and generally this was a winning line of thought for them.

Iraq would have been harder to defend, after no weapons of mass destruction were to be found.

At the time I had lived in the United States for only five years and was not yet a US citizen, just a green card holder. If I ever have to travel internationally in the coming years, I won't be able to defend Trump. Maybe I won't have to.

I understand!

19 hours ago, Olivaw said:

Blue waves once more

27 minutes ago, annLee said:

Blue waves once more

Yes!!! Let’s make 2020 another blue wave, Dump Trump and Moscow Mitch McConnell. 

On 1/3/2020 at 8:18 PM, Olivaw said:

Yes!!! Let’s make 2020 another blue wave, Dump Trump and Moscow Mitch McConnell. 

We have to!

As I watch the hearing to clear WH of this dangerous dump, I see where we need house, senate and WH.

On 1/21/2020 at 4:43 PM, annLee said:

As I watch the hearing to clear WH of this dangerous dump, I see where we need house, senate and WH.

Mein Trumpfk "was not elected for his patriotism, knowledge, or ethics; he was elected to attack the people they hate'
In a nutshell there is nothing he will be judged for other than how mean his bite is.
He can lie, cheat, waste tax dollars, destroy the environment, take away health care, take away social entitlements, anything as long as he brings blame and shame on someone else that the far right white minority hate.
As more and more people point out how bat crap crazy he is, they only increase the hatred.
There is no longer any reasonable way to confront the madness. He is feeding on animosity and his venom is like manna for his minions."

Even with news that Bolton's transcripts for his book show Trump was holding funds for Ukraine illegally his most ardent supporters are not going to give in, its entirely up to us the voters to see him removed and move on from these 4 years of hate and divide.

On 1/26/2020 at 7:36 PM, fourputt said:

Even with news that Bolton's transcripts for his book show Trump was holding funds for Ukraine illegally his most ardent supporters are not going to give in, its entirely up to us the voters to see him removed and move on from these 4 years of hate and divide.

Well it's True. Nobody in the Senate who is a Republican would dare vote their conscious. Trump we hope is the low bar. If you live in some Red States and you're a Democrat, you have to be careful who you mingle with, and watch out if you have a campaign sticker on the bumper of your car supporting any of the Democrats running for office. 

The minority rules. It has ruled. They want the courts, all the lower and middle courts, and they got the Supreme Court. We talk about campaign finance laws regarding money, what about voting laws and how certain states can orchestrate who gets to vote and who just doesn't?

Regarding John Bolton, GW Bushes UN Ambassador from 2005 to 2006. He's got a new book out and now that the Impeachment Hearings have hit the Senate, he says, subpoena me, as if he is itching to testify. Well he isn't really. Well sure, he'll bestow the truth in his coming book, but he knows he's got to set the records straight now that the hearing is in the Senate, that he was always willing to tell the truth. John, good old John, he knows for damn sure the Republican controlled Senate will never allow that to happen. Just because he is a major jerk, doesn't mean he isn't smart. Simple logic goes a long way. 

Peace!