Trump says happy to have a trial in the Senate, but he does not really care

PALM BEACH, Fla. (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump said on Tuesday he would be happy to have a trial in the U.S. Senate following his impeachment by the Democratic-led House of Representatives, but that he did not really care.

“I don’t really care. It doesn’t matter. As far as I’m concerned I’d be very happy with a trial because we did nothing wrong,” the Republican president told reporters at his Mar-a-Lago club in Florida, reiterating that he considered his impeachment a hoax.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-impeachment/trump-says-happy-to-have-a-trial-in-the-senate-but-he-does-not-really-care-idUSKBN1Z01IR

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

PALM BEACH, Fla. (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump said on Tuesday he would be happy to have a trial in the U.S. Senate following his impeachment by the Democratic-led House of Representatives, but that he did not really care.

“I don’t really care. It doesn’t matter. As far as I’m concerned I’d be very happy with a trial because we did nothing wrong,” the Republican president told reporters at his Mar-a-Lago club in Florida, reiterating that he considered his impeachment a hoax.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-impeachment/trump-says-happy-to-have-a-trial-in-the-senate-but-he-does-not-really-care-idUSKBN1Z01IR

He doesn't care?  Is that why he tweeted about it over 120 times in one day?  Because he "didn't care?"  :lol:  As usual, Trump's LYING.

14 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

Clinton's impeachment was real based on facts.

The dems impeachment is fake cause they ain't got no facts.

😂

1 minute ago, neue regel said:

That's how you get to a bipartisan no vote.

Which is what we have.  

"Three Democrats voted against the impeachment of President Trump in the House of Representatives on Wednesday night, and one voted “present.”

And one of the dems is leaving his party to join the GOP.

1 minute ago, personreal said:

Which is what we have.  

"Three Democrats voted against the impeachment of President Trump in the House of Representatives on Wednesday night, and one voted “present.”

And one of the dems is leaving his party to join the GOP.

Yep. And Pelosi is to blame for letting it play out like it did.

2 minutes ago, neue regel said:

Maybe they use impeachment to get a rino in the repub party.

Either way it will be a face plant in the senate even if Pelosi grows a set and sends it over.  

7 minutes ago, neue regel said:

actually the dam is already cracking thanks to Nancy. Murkowski and Collins make 49. two more repubs who want the truth and we will get eyewitnesses testimony.

1 minute ago, leftwinger said:

Right wingers know they've been beaten. Now they're just whining like the sissy Trump.

Pelosi knows what she's doing.   This story certainly upped the ante:

A new report revealing more of acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney's role in withholding aid to Ukraine — and efforts by top Trump administration officials to get that money released — is a "game changer" that shows the need for witness testimony in the president's impeachment trial, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said Monday.

"This new story shows all four witnesses that we Senate Democrats have requested" were "intimately involved and had direct knowledge of President Trump's decision to cut off aid and benefit himself," Schumer, a Democrat, told reporters in a press conference at his New York office.

"Simply put, in our fight to have key documents and witnesses in the Senate impeachment trial, these new revelations are a game changer."

The New York Times reported Sunday that Mulvaney was flying with President Donald Trump on Air Force One in June when he emailed his senior adviser to ask, “Did we ever find out about the money for Ukraine and whether we can hold it back?”

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry/game-changer-top-democrats-say-bombshell-report-shows-need-witnesses-n1108796