bludog

Reasons Why Replacing Trump With Any Of The Democrats Is Of First Importance

6 hours ago, laripu said:

makes me think you might be a Russian operative tasked with dividing the American opposition to Trump.

I think you may  be right. It appears Will doesn't want Trump to be defeated and is only interested in dividing our side

6 hours ago, laripu said:

makes me think you might be a Russian operative tasked with dividing the American opposition to Trump.

Not in my bloodline. Try again. Your Zionist corporate toadies just suck.

My family fought hard for this and I vote how I like.

William-RFranklin-WW1.jpg

William-AFranklin-War2.jpg

3 hours ago, Arris said:

I think you may  be right. It appears Will doesn't want Trump to be defeated and is only interested in dividing our side

Also, he keeps bringing up Zionist this and Zionist that ... modern code for "dirty Jew". A Zionist is someone that ascribes to the belief that Jews in Israel have the right to self determination, rather than allowing themselves to be killed. It's not an insult until you use it that way.

I should know. "Jew" isn't an insult either, but I've been "dirty Jew", and "fú¢kin' Jew", and especially (with fists that broke my glasses) "you dirty Jew you killed my Jesus!". What happens to a ten year old isn't forgotten when he's over sixty.

That's one way to divide people. Another way is to insist on "my way or you're Zionist corporate toadies". So he's using Sanders as his beard.

And WF ..  the army discharge from 1918?  We've all, every one of us, got ancestors that worked, fought and suffered. That doesn't make you special in any way.

2 hours ago, WillFranklin said:

I vote how I like

Of course you do. So do we.

12 hours ago, laripu said:

Of course you do. So do we.

Who has an affordable housing plan?

12 hours ago, laripu said:

And WF ..  the army discharge from 1918?  We've all, every one of us, got ancestors that worked, fought and suffered. That doesn't make you special in any way.

My family founded and fought for this so now I am fighting for health coverage and affordable housing for all.

What are you fighting for?

Do you have fighters for this nation in your bloodline?

What are you fighting for?

There's nothing in the law or constitution that requires me to fight for anything.

I vote, I write, I put signs on my lawn at election day.

The fact that you get heated up about your fave candidate doesn't make you any better than anyone on this forum.

Note that there are Republicans in Congress who served in the military. Would you vote for them over a Democrat? They're not better just because they served.

Do you have fighters for this nation in your bloodline?

Well, you know I'm an immigrant from Canada. And my parents lost everything in World War II, including parents and children. (My father lost his first wife and two daughters in a concentration camp.) However, my father's cousin, who lived in West Long branch NJ, fought in WWII. He and his wife were good people and ardent liberals.

You should know this: your ancestors who fought for the US showed merit.  That merit is not inherited because it isn't heritable.

18 minutes ago, laripu said:

There's nothing in the law or constitution that requires me to fight for anything.

I vote, I write, I put signs on my lawn at election day.

The fact that you get heated up about your fave candidate doesn't make you any better than anyone on this forum.

Note that there are Republicans in Congress who served in the military. Would you vote for them over a Democrat? They're not better just because they served.

Well, you know I'm an immigrant from Canada. And my parents lost everything in World War II, including parents and children. (My father lost his first wife and two daughters in a concentration camp.) However, my father's cousin, who lived in West Long branch NJ, fought in WWII. He and his wife were good people and ardent liberals.

You should know this: your ancestors who fought for the US showed merit.  That merit is not inherited because it isn't heritable.

Are you fighting for affordable housing and single payer?

You didn't list a damn thing.

Let me start listing then see where your candidates stand.

And my father's fight should have earned his son something.

I registered just like they did by the way just wasn't called.

4 hours ago, WillFranklin said:

And my father's fight should have earned his son something.

It doesn't. What your father did was probably good. The merit is his, not yours.

I will say this: I apologize for calling you a Russian plant.

As to fighting ... I'm not required to fight. I vote, as a citizen should, but there isn't even a law that says you have to do that ... and anyway, you've indicated you'll leave your ballot blank if you don't get your way.

Fighting for a cause, in this society, means using the mechanisms of our democracy to push that cause. One such mechanism is voting. I vote. Another mechanism is writing our representatives. I've done that, and will continue to do that. Yet another mechanism is to try to persuade others. Clearly we're both doing that. 🙂

Another mechanism is money: and I donate to the Democratic presidential candidate when they've won the nomination. I donate twice, once early and once a few weeks from election day. The amounts are significant, because I can afford it: I give what I can afford.

I've put a lawn sign out in three presidential elections, two for Obama and one for Clinton. And paid to replace them when they got stolen.

Finally, there's protest. I don't do that. I have a full-time job and I'm a couple of years away from retirement. I can't take days off to go protest. I can't afford to lose this job so close to retirement, and Florida is a "right to work" state. That's a terrible misnomer, because it means that can fire you for any reason or no reason at all, as long as you're not fired for being in a protected class. (Gender, race, color, age, religion, national origin ... but they could for me if they don't like my attitude.)

4 hours ago, WillFranklin said:

Are you fighting for affordable housing and single payer?

I'm doing what I listed above to ensure that we're not going to have a second term of Trump.

I'm for single payer health care, but not too the exclusion of everything else. And I'm not even certain how far the federal government will be allowed to go in instituting it given the separation of general and state power. The Canadian version requires each province to meet standards and pays them if they do. (All do.) I think the US federal gov had less power than that vs the states, but maybe they can do something similar.

I really don't think the federal government can do much for affordable housing, outside of Section 8, tax credits, and the like. I suppose they could beef that up a bit, but they aren't going to start building for poor people.